Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:03 am

Stump Feet wrote:I love spoilers too so nothings sacred to me.

Would you feel comfortable having a discussion here under spoiler tags or would you rather talk about things through PM’s? Here’s fine with me if it’s good with you.

I want to know about Spider Pennywise, the Turtle, and this human Pennywise fello’

We can talk about it here and I will put it under spoiler tags

Regarding Pennywise's final form
Spoiler:
Pennywise comes down as the deadlights as seen in the trailer then becomes the clown, then transforms into a part clown, spider and has a tenticle. It supposedly looks fantastic according to everyone who's seen it

Regarding The Turtle
Spoiler:
He' simply not in it, I know such a downer

Pennywise Fello
Spoiler:
He isn't in it much at all, he just confront's Bev when she enters the Neibolt house again but Pennywise does have his origin explained showing the meteor descend, and an absolutely BONKERS scene of its original crude form terrorizing ancient natives. It is conveyed that he is not a god, but an extremely sophisticated organism that has to abide by certain laws of our realm.
Last edited by XxComablack1937xX on Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stump Feet
Futurian

Postby Stump Feet » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:07 am

Spoiler:
I’m actually not that letdown by the Turtle being omitted. Seems like the absolute best choice IMO.

Any word on The Other?
Last edited by Stump Feet on Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:10 am

Let's keep spoilers in spoiler tags, please. Movie isn't even out yet lol
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

Stump Feet
Futurian

Postby Stump Feet » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:12 am

Maritonic wrote:Let's keep spoilers in spoiler tags, please. Movie isn't even out yet lol

Yeah that was maybe bad, I hit submit without thinking. Thank you for spoiler tagging me
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:16 am

Stump Feet wrote:Any word on The Other?

Spoiler:
He is not in it neither nor hinted at, The Ritual of Chud is in the final battle and is done very well

Godzilla165
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzilla165 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:28 pm

So I just finished rereading the novel yesterday evening and moved on to Chapter 1 today, and can I just state that I bloody LOVE the different ways that they implemented IT's presence in the background of various scenes? There were a lot of which I had absolutely no clue that he was indeed there, because it was so subtle. But now looking back, these instances just make those certain scenes all the more tense and shows that yes, IT is quite literally everywhere and his hold on Derry is a powerful one. God, I love that movie.

I even got my wife, whom isn't a fan of anything horror or suspense whatsoever, to finally sit down and watch Chapter 1 with me, and she bloody loved it. She's even now tentatively looking forward to Chapter 2.

#BotM

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:48 pm

Godzilla165 wrote:So I just finished rereading the novel yesterday evening and moved on to Chapter 1 today, and can I just state that I bloody LOVE the different ways that they implemented IT's presence in the background of various scenes? There were a lot of which I had absolutely no clue that he was indeed there, because it was so subtle. But now looking back, these instances just make those certain scenes all the more tense and shows that yes, IT is quite literally everywhere and his hold on Derry is a powerful one. God, I love that movie.

I even got my wife, whom isn't a fan of anything horror or suspense whatsoever, to finally sit down and watch Chapter 1 with me, and she bloody loved it. She's even now tentatively looking forward to Chapter 2.

That painting on the building, phew.

Godzilla165
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzilla165 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:35 pm

Yeah, THAT one threw me through a loop. Also, his peeping yellow eyes at the beginning.

#BotM

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:41 pm

Godzilla165 wrote:Yeah, THAT one threw me through a loop. Also, his peeping yellow eyes at the beginning.

I noticed the painting and the Liberian right way on my first viewing but yeah the yellow eyes and others I missed. IT shows up in the film more than one would think.

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:30 am

Godzilla165 wrote:So I just finished rereading the novel yesterday evening and moved on to Chapter 1 today, and can I just state that I bloody LOVE the different ways that they implemented IT's presence in the background of various scenes? There were a lot of which I had absolutely no clue that he was indeed there, because it was so subtle. But now looking back, these instances just make those certain scenes all the more tense and shows that yes, IT is quite literally everywhere and his hold on Derry is a powerful one. God, I love that movie. .

They do it again in IT Chapter 2, look at the image here of Richie from Chapter 2 when they first return to Derry. Now look at the glass door of the arcade all the way to the right.. Who's shadow do you see in the door? Very subtle if you weren't paying attention.

https://i.redd.it/vih22ooe61i31.jpg
Last edited by XxComablack1937xX on Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:39 am

Godzilla165 wrote:So I just finished rereading the novel yesterday evening and moved on to Chapter 1 today, and can I just state that I bloody LOVE the different ways that they implemented IT's presence in the background of various scenes? There were a lot of which I had absolutely no clue that he was indeed there, because it was so subtle. But now looking back, these instances just make those certain scenes all the more tense and shows that yes, IT is quite literally everywhere and his hold on Derry is a powerful one. God, I love that movie.

Ah, I'm still about 400 pages left on my re-read. It's so incredible re-reading it now as an adult; I read it when I was like 15, and now I'm almost 30. It gives you such a completely different perspective and understanding of the core concept. I felt the same way when I re-read Pet Sematary earlier this year.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

Godzilla165
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzilla165 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:18 am

They do it again in IT Chapter 2, look at the image here of Richie from Chapter 2 when they first return to Derry. Now look at the glass door of the arcade all the way to the right.. Who's shadow do you see in the door? Very subtle if you weren't paying attention.

https://i.redd.it/vih22ooe61i31.jpg

How about that... That’s freaking awesome. I’m really looking forward to seeing the clever IT is implemented this time around.

Maritonic wrote:

Ah, I'm still about 400 pages left on my re-read. It's so incredible re-reading it now as an adult; I read it when I was like 15, and now I'm almost 30. It gives you such a completely different perspective and understanding of the core concept. I felt the same way when I re-read Pet Sematary earlier this year.

It’s just a bloody good book isn’t it? I got into it a few years after you at the ripe age of 18, and a lot of key aspects flew over my head even then. Now, as you say, the perspective that you gain from reading it as an adult is so monumentally different, that it honestly feels like you’re reading an entirely new book. This is no exaggeration when I say that IT is one of the greatest novels I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading.

#BotM

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:00 pm

New photo of Pennywise and Adrian Mellon! Looks skreeonking great!

https://i.redd.it/hy0kskioohi31.jpg

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:29 pm

I have a very important question to ask guys.

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:53 am

Short Clip of them in the Chinese restaurant Official release

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Postby Orichalcum » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:56 pm

Yeah I actually found a longer clip of that on YouTube in questionable quality
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:23 pm

We may have found Pennywise' OTHER rival.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Postby Orichalcum » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:28 pm

Your shitposts stink :mad:
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Ultraman02
Samurai

Postby Ultraman02 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:05 pm

Is the Dark Tower connected to IT?
In a super jet he comes
From a billion miles AWAY!
From a DISTANT PLANET LAND!
COMES OUR HERO,
U L T R A M A N !

" シュワッチ!"

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:06 pm

Ultraman02 wrote:Is the Dark Tower connected to IT?

Yes and no.

It's not directly connected but I believe there's some references to It in later books in the series.

As far as the movies go? Not connected at all.

Return to “Monster Manor”