Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Stump Feet
Futurian

Re: Stephen King ''IT'' Remake/Re-adaptation

Postby Stump Feet » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:04 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:B-bu-but Stump. First movie was a big hit and box office success. Wouldn't people not be blinded by that to not notice? Also possibility of making him different from his novel counterpart as with many MCU counterparts from their comic ones (Star-Lord being an 80's pop culture loving junkie). :cry:

Same reason for Rocket and Groot due to movies being big hits and box office successes as well as association with Marvel/MCU. :cry:

Rocket and Groot have so much more going for them besides being Marvel characters. If you strip the MCU aspect from them both you're left with two highly expressive humanoid-like characters who are portrayed by Bradly Cooper who had a strong following already from the Hangover movies, and Vin Diesel who has a huge fandom anyway, two widely loved actors playing comic-relief characters who appeal to a mass audience for being cute and funny.

To argue why general audience would favor that over a foreign flying turtle monster is ridiculous and just sounds out of touch. GOTG and Gamera are in no way comparable. Find a new crutch to lean on cause yours is broken
Last edited by Stump Feet on Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:14 am

Stump,you just typed the same message twice.

Stump Feet
Futurian

Postby Stump Feet » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:26 am

tyrantgoji wrote:Stump,you just typed the same message twice.

Um, no I didn't? :eh:
Last edited by Stump Feet on Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:33 am

Stump Feet wrote:Rocket and Groot have so much more going for them besides being Marvel characters. If you strip the MCU aspect from them both you're left with two highly expressive humanoid-like characters who are portrayed by Bradly Cooper who had a strong following already from the Hangover movies, and Vin Diesel who has a huge fandom anyway, two widely loved actors playing comic-relief characters who appeal to a mass audience for being cute and funny.

To argue why general audience would favor that over a foreign flying turtle monster is ridiculous and just sounds out of touch. GOTG and Gamera are in no way comparable. Find a new crutch to lean on cause yours is broken

Bu-b-but Guardians before movies was niche series like Gamera... :cry:

Also what if were standalone films with no connection to world-building cinematic universe... :cry:

What if also they weren't played by Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel and instead unknown actors which otherwise John Wick wouldn't had been the hit it was had it not been for Keanu Reevs had they done an unknown actor for that as well... :cry:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Stump Feet
Futurian

Postby Stump Feet » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:11 am

You're not even making sense now
Long Live The Sting

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:47 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:Rocket and Groot have so much more going for them besides being Marvel characters. If you strip the MCU aspect from them both you're left with two highly expressive humanoid-like characters who are portrayed by Bradly Cooper who had a strong following already from the Hangover movies, and Vin Diesel who has a huge fandom anyway, two widely loved actors playing comic-relief characters who appeal to a mass audience for being cute and funny.

Bu-b-but Guardians before movies was niche series like Gamera... :cry:

Also what if were standalone films with no connection to world-building cinematic universe... :cry:

What if also they weren't played by Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel and instead unknown actors which otherwise John Wick wouldn't had been the hit it was had it not been for Keanu Reevs had they done an unknown actor for that as well... :cry:

Calm down 90's,don't get upset. Turtle boi Gamera will be back one day....i hope.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:00 am

Any idea, no matter how ridiculous, can be bought if the execution is done well. When I heard that Dex-Star is a cat in the Red Lantern I first thought "oh that's just stupid". But then I learned his backstory and almost cried. Life was really unfair to that cat, no wonder why a Red Lantern ring chose him. I'm hoping they pull off the turtle in this movie (and do it well obviously) instead of omitting him out like the last 90's TV miniseries.
Last edited by Living Corpse on Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:03 pm

Living Corpse wrote:Any idea, no matter how ridiculous, can be bought if the execution is done well. When I heard that Dex-Star is a cat in the Red Lantern I first thought "oh that's just stupid". But then I learned his backstory and almost cried. Life was really unfair to that cat, no wonder why a Red Lantern ring chose him. I'm hoping they pull off the turtle in this movie (and do it well obviously) instead of omitting him out like the last 90's TV miniseries.

But Living Corpse! That's a cat. GA can give it a pass because its cute! Also DC aka Marvel's rival especially given Aquaman! :roll:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:01 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Any idea, no matter how ridiculous, can be bought if the execution is done well. When I heard that Dex-Star is a cat in the Red Lantern I first thought "oh that's just stupid". But then I learned his backstory and almost cried. Life was really unfair to that cat, no wonder why a Red Lantern ring chose him. I'm hoping they pull off the turtle in this movie (and do it well obviously) instead of omitting him out like the last 90's TV miniseries.

But Living Corpse! That's a cat. GA can give it a pass because its cute! Also DC aka Marvel's rival especially given Aquaman! :roll:

okay now your just sounding bitter. Nobody likes Dex-Star JUST because he's a cat! Most love him because of his tragic backstory and can easily sympathize for him.

Oh and nice job bringing in unessecary hate towards Aquaman.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:05 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:okay now your just sounding bitter. Nobody likes Dex-Star JUST because he's a cat! Most love him because of his tragic backstory and can easily sympathize for him.

But among same reasons people loves Rocket and Groot. Because they're cute which Dex-Star fits being all furry and cute... :cry:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

GodzillavsJason

Postby GodzillavsJason » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:59 pm

@GodzillaFan1990's.

Let's chill. Okay.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, The Goldbergs, and Red vs Blue!

NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:

"Stop being a skreeonk and put it in my mouth!"-Adam (Funhaus of Rooster Teeth)

"For the kids"-Adam (Funhaus of Rooster Teeth)

NSZ wrote:It's only been two goddamn days, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I already miss Al's terrible puns.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:06 pm

Sorry...I was getting carried away again. Try to keep working on it... :oops:

Stump Feet
Futurian

Postby Stump Feet » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:45 pm

I wonder if the turtle will be a giant cloud like entity like Parallax from The Green Lantern (2011)
Long Live The Sting

Monster X
Interpol Agent

Postby Monster X » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:07 am

Stump Feet wrote:Are any of you even slightly aware of how the Turtle acts in the novel?.

Hmm on the first meeting, talks to Bill as his soul flys by. Is very chill and unhurried in manner.

Spoiler:
In the second trip it’s dead.

JDG-00X Devil Gundam

Stump Feet
Futurian

Postby Stump Feet » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:25 am

Monster X wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:Are any of you even slightly aware of how the Turtle acts in the novel?.

Hmm on the first meeting, talks to Bill as his soul flys by. Is very chill and unhurried in manner.

Spoiler:
In the second trip it’s dead.

I was asking a rhetorical question.

He speaks like a stoner surfer and he’s completely burned out.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting

Stump Feet
Futurian

Postby Stump Feet » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:09 am

Call me stupid but I just realized the guy with the Pennywise cuts on his face is probably Henrey Bower :lol:

I’d seen assloads of pleeb YouTube channels speculating that it’s somehow Pennywises human form and all this other nonsense but I’m almost for certain it’s Henrey
Last edited by Stump Feet on Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:28 am

Stump Feet wrote:Call me stupid but I just realized the guy with the Pennywise cuts on his face is probably Henrey Bower :lol:

I’d seen assloads of pleeb YouTube channels speculating that it’s somehow Pennywises human form and all this other nonsense but I’m almost for certain it’s Henrey

Nah, that's definitely Skarsgard.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:04 am

Stump Feet wrote:Call me stupid but I just realized the guy with the Pennywise cuts on his face is probably Henrey Bower :lol:

I can confirm it is def not Henry, Its Skarsgard. I have all the spoilers about the film and have spoken to several who have seen it and have provided proof. I am one of those guys that loves spoilers and only make me more excited for the film so if you have any questions just ask.

Stump Feet
Futurian

Postby Stump Feet » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:12 am

XxComablack1937xX wrote:

I can confirm it is def not Henry, Its Skarsgard. I have all the spoilers about the film and have spoken to several who have seen it and have provided proof. I am one of those guys that loves spoilers and only make me more excited for the film so if you have any questions just ask.

I love spoilers too so nothings sacred to me.

Would you feel comfortable having a discussion here under spoiler tags or would you rather talk about things through PM’s? Here’s fine with me if it’s good with you.

I want to know about Spider Pennywise, the Turtle, and this human Pennywise fello’
Long Live The Sting

Return to “Monster Manor”