ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Hm the Mill Creek translation got to me first. That was good fight, a nice brawler.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

What's our thoughts on the name Guigass? Personally, I kinda hate it.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh Gigass comes to me first. I had to look that up. I like that name more than Guigass.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Somehow Jirass will factor into the frilled Telesdon, it seems.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Mac Daddy MM wrote:Image

Spoiler:
The preview for Episode 4 has Celebro's host (what's his name?) holding a Jirass medal, so yeah, he's fusing Jirass into Telesdon like Z would with the other Ultra's.
Also, confirmed Skull Gomora!
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Gigantis wrote:
Mac Daddy MM wrote:Image

Spoiler:
The preview for Episode 4 has Celebro's host (what's his name?) holding a Jirass medal, so yeah, he's fusing Jirass into Telesdon like Z would with the other Ultra's.
Also, confirmed Skull Gomora!
Did we see any shots of this Telesdon's back or side? Be cool if he also had Jirass (or Godzilla's....) spines.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

I finally finished Return this week and all I can think at the end is Go-san is a big a-hole.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

MaxRebo320 wrote:
mikelcho wrote:What's the thoughts here on Hanuman and the 7 Ultra Brothers (or whatever it's called)?
IGNORING ANY OF THE LEGAL poop BETWEEN TSUPRO AND CHAIYO THAT WOULD FOLLOW YEARS LATER, I think it's pretty enjoyable. It's really rooted in Thai mythology (Particularly the epic Ramakien, which is essentially their version of Ramayana) and focuses primarily on Hanuman, with the Ultra Brothers just coming in during the climax to help, but as this sort of weird Thai take on the typical Ultraman-like format, it's interesting. The effects are a bit of a mixed bag, but some of the visuals (Especially the bits with the Sun God) are impressive. It's certainly bizarre and not for everybody, but it automatically gets ranked as one of the better Ultraman movies considering it feels like an actual movie as opposed to just a bloated TV episode (Which can still be fun if you're a fan but casual viewers will be lost).
Thanks!

Any possibility that it'll get a new Mill Creek release at all?

In fact, is it even considered canon in the Ultra Series?
Last edited by mikelcho on Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

mikelcho wrote:
MaxRebo320 wrote:
mikelcho wrote:What's the thoughts here on Hanuman and the 7 Ultra Brothers (or whatever it's called)?
IGNORING ANY OF THE LEGAL poop BETWEEN TSUPRO AND CHAIYO THAT WOULD FOLLOW YEARS LATER, I think it's pretty enjoyable. It's really rooted in Thai mythology (Particularly the epic Ramakien, which is essentially their version of Ramayana) and focuses primarily on Hanuman, with the Ultra Brothers just coming in during the climax to help, but as this sort of weird Thai take on the typical Ultraman-like format, it's interesting. The effects are a bit of a mixed bag, but some of the visuals (Especially the bits with the Sun God) are impressive. It's certainly bizarre and not for everybody, but it automatically gets ranked as one of the better Ultraman movies considering it feels like an actual movie as opposed to just a bloated TV episode (Which can still be fun if you're a fan but casual viewers will be lost).
Thanks!

Any possibility that it'll get a new Mill Creek release at all?

In fact, is it even considered canon in the Ultra Series?
No no definitely no. You can also easily find the movie online pretty easily. I wouldn't feel bad about watching it like that considering the damage and bullshit Chaiyo pulled for years and years.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Xenofauna
Yojimbo

Post by Xenofauna »

I have a copy of the big fancy Ultraman Chronicles book from 1996 (before the legal battle) that has a nice section on the Chaiyo movie with some high quality images. At one point Tsuburaya seemed pretty proud of it!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Looks like Jirass won't physically appear, a bit of a bummer.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

UltimateDitto wrote:Looks like Jirass won't physically appear, a bit of a bummer.
One day Ditto... one day.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I hope the fusion monsters, Zeppandon, Skull Gomora and the other two are integrated into the episode properly. Not just "oh they are fused". The fact that all four of them are featured there makes me hope and think it'll be a big event that does them justice.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Tomorrow is Ultraman Day! Wild that they're doing an online convention targeting (mostly) American fans. Interested in whatever announcements are in store.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Angilasman wrote:Tomorrow is Ultraman Day! Wild that they're doing an online convention targeting (mostly) American fans. Interested in whatever announcements are in store.
More than likely some more info on the anime.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

^ seems like maybe some Blu-ray announcements, and with folks from Mego and Marvel and that mobile game they'll be promoting those tie-ins no doubt.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Keep looking at those Ultra-figures that appear in the middle Z episodes. Think i could get some of them online?
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Wonder what they had planned for Ultraman Day pre-pandemic? I remember seeing someone in a group online saying that there were huge plans for the summer.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I wonder if TsuPro let Marvel use their monsters or pulled a pre-IDW Toho and had them create new ones?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:I wonder if TsuPro let Marvel use their monsters or pulled a pre-IDW Toho and had them create new ones?
Considering that Baltan and Gomora appear on the covers, I'd say the former.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.