The Cloverfield Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Lesko
GPN Volunteer

Re: The Cloverfield Thread

Post by Lesko »

I am definitely eagerly anticipating the planned Cloverfield entry coming up. Cloverfield is probably my favorite American "kaiju" series. Moreso than Pacific Rim. I liked Paradox even though it was crazy. The original is my favorite of the bunch. Clover is a kaiju that imo gets overlooked too much and could use another entry and some exposure along with it.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The long awaited Cloverfield follow-up officially has a writer and director.

https://www.ign.com/articles/new-clover ... evelopment

Added in 9 minutes 3 seconds:
A secondary source.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/373 ... directing/
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Leviarex
G-Force Personnel

Post by Leviarex »

Hopefully, the new Clover will be given another kaiju to fight.

Mac Daddy MM
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Leviarex wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:09 am Hopefully, the new Clover will be given another kaiju to fight.
Yeah, one with tiny arms and huge ass daddy long leg-like legs.

I just hope it's good and we get some decent merch for it. NECA Clover would be awesome.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Garzon
GPN Volunteer

Post by Garzon »

I think it’s for the best that they steer clear of kaiju fights. No point in turning this franchise into another monster smackdown.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I hope they reconsider using found footage again. It wouldn't feel like a true sequel without it. (unless they go with the 10 Cloverfield lane tone)
ImageImageImage

CrimsonBloodX
G-Force Personnel

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Garzon wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:40 pm I think it’s for the best that they steer clear of kaiju fights. No point in turning this franchise into another monster smackdown.
I agree.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

If it's found-footage I am out, I couldn't make it through the first one mostly due to that and the unlikable cast didn't do it any favors.

I am looking more forward to ''The MEG 2: The Trench'' and would rather have a Rampage 2 then another Cloverfield.

That being said I am always game for another monster movie, but I think they waited to long for a proper follow up for general audiences to really give a damn anymore.

Plus JJ Abrams being involved in any compacity doesn't add too much optimism for the project.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:04 pm If it's found-footage I am out, I couldn't make it through the first one mostly due to that and the unlikable cast didn't do it any favors.

I am looking more forward to ''The MEG 2: The Trench'' and would rather have a Rampage 2 then another Cloverfield.

That being said I am always game for another monster movie, but I think they waited to long for a proper follow up for general audiences to really give a damn anymore.

Plus JJ Abrams being involved in any compacity doesn't add too much optimism for the project.
What was unlikable about the first film cast?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:55 pm
What was unlikable about the first film cast?
I just found myself not actually caring about any of them from what I recall, it's been a while since I even attempted to view it again. I was a much bigger fan of 10 Cloverfield Lane to be honest. Still haven't seen the third installment as I heard it was awful.