Hobby Japan Godzilla Perfection/Completion Books thread

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Re: "Heisei Godzilla Perfection" book coming soon (Feb 10)

Post by gvamp »

Sorry to bump this but I'm interested in picking this up where's the best place to get it at?
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

movieartman wrote:thanks for posting thease up, any chance you could scan in close on that one grey scaled, green skined version, i cant find a good hd image of that version anywhere on the net, many thanks regardless
Eh, that nasty, fuzzy, hunchback-looking one they considered for Mothra VS. Bagan?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Probably my least favorite of the initial Bagan designs.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Meh -_- Not really sure what all the hoopla is about all of the Bagan designs. Pretty unremarkable kaiju all around no matter what design. To be honest, I think the various conceptional designs for Biollante, Battra, SpaceGodzilla, Destroyer, "Young Godzilla" (ie the revived Junior at the end of GvsDestroyer), various concept art from the G vs "Mechani-Kong" (Sadly, no concept art of Mechani-Kong exist, but what is shown is interesting nonetheless), Heisei Angilas concept design, heisei Gotengo, and the "Godzilla vs Barubaroi" project(this needs to be added to the "Lost Projects" section. I'd be happy to provide this site some basic info on the project mentioned in the book) are all far more fascinating....
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

This book looks amazing. Where can I find this?

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

Tohosaurus wrote:
The blue slightly furry, antler-flaunting dragon-ish design would be a really good monster design.
All these look really cool for Bagan designs. Wish he made in a movie but at least he was considered at one point or another. Wonder why they didn't go with it?
"Continuity gotta love it. :D"- antovald20

EVERY KAIJU FAN SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT! HIT THE LINK BELOW!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxd7cleqz74

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMOl-amah8w

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

antovald20 wrote:All these look really cool for Bagan designs. Wish he made in a movie but at least he was considered at one point or another. Wonder why they didn't go with it?
Didn't it have something to do with Biollante's movie not doing great & King Ghidorah's doing very well... so new monsters = no profit and reviving older monsters = profit? Doesn't help when this happened even in the Millennium era (Megaguirus doing poorly, GMK received extremely well). A shame.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

GigaBowserG ~ It really is a shame. Also sense they wanted to tie in the the last movie of the Heisei era with the first Godzilla movie. Began's design and idea didn't fit.
"Continuity gotta love it. :D"- antovald20

EVERY KAIJU FAN SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT! HIT THE LINK BELOW!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxd7cleqz74

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMOl-amah8w

Kaepora Gaebora
Yojimbo

Post by Kaepora Gaebora »

Didn't know where else to post this but I got Heisei Gamera Perfection with my Godzilla one too:

Great book and it's almost more than double the size (in page count) of its Godzilla counterpart. A lot of the content looks to be from the inclusion of the entirety of an unused movie script for the third entry, and of course all that juicy concept art. Shame I can't read moonrunes.

If you enjoy Heisei Godzilla Perfection though and are a fan of Shusuke Kaneko's Gamera trilogy, I strongly recommend picking it up.
Gamera is Love.
Gamera is life.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Kaepora Gaebora wrote:Didn't know where else to post this but I got Heisei Gamera Perfection with my Godzilla one too:

http://i.imgur.com/Tt0LeZnl.jpg

Great book and it's almost more than double the size (in page count) of its Godzilla counterpart. A lot of the content looks to be from the inclusion of the entirety of an unused movie script for the third entry, and of course all that juicy concept art. Shame I can't read moonrunes.

If you enjoy Heisei Godzilla Perfection though and are a fan of Shusuke Kaneko's Gamera trilogy, I strongly recommend picking it up.
Didnt' know that there was a Gamera book too. Kinda odd that they consider Gamera the Brave part of the heisei series. Anyway, Is there any unique concepts for any monsters you can share?
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

^^^ Gamera the brave is kinda out there on its own. Its was planned to be part of a new trilogy but since it did poorly at the box office the studio scrapped that idea. They prob just lump it into the heisei series since you cant have a series with 1 movie :lol:

john816
Ronin

Post by john816 »

TyrantGojira wrote:
Kaepora Gaebora wrote:Kinda odd that they consider Gamera the Brave part of the heisei series.
We're technically still in the Heisei Period. It never ended. Emperor Akihito is still around.
John Stanowski from Kaiju Addicts http://www.KaijuAddicts.com and Flossie's http://www.GetXPlus.com

Kaepora Gaebora
Yojimbo

Post by Kaepora Gaebora »

TyrantGojira wrote:Anyway, Is there any unique concepts for any monsters you can share?
Might not be able to get around to it 'til next week but I'll take some pics, sure.
Gamera is Love.
Gamera is life.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

^ Thanks. Can't wait to see them.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Captain SAMerica
Yojimbo

Post by Captain SAMerica »

Kaepora Gaebora wrote:Didn't know where else to post this but I got Heisei Gamera Perfection with my Godzilla one too:

http://i.imgur.com/Tt0LeZnl.jpg

NICE!!

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

My only selling point for a Heisei Godzilla book would be for the production behind Nakano's Godzilla 1984. It would have shown the advancements of technology throughout the series much better than hopping to Biollante on. Would I still buy this book? Maybe, but it doesn't have all of the movies within its universe in the book. Unless they are talking only about the movies that started in the chronological Japanese period when the current emperor assumed power in 1989, then I don't know.

Hopefully, 1984 will be covered in its own book considering its 30th Anniversary is coming up. Going off the scans of this book, I'd get it instantly if it were not for the price and the smaller amount of books on the market.

If only an American publisher like Dark Horse could pick these up and have it translated for a run in the States, I'd probably see the need to getting one so I'd be able to read up on what is being said or commented about the films in question.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

GODZILLA'S HEROIC YEARS: 1969-1975 PERFECTION

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

GODZILLA'S HEROIC YEARS: 1969-1975 "Godzilla 'Toho Champion" Perfection

From August Ragone's The Good/The Bad/The Godzilla blog
http://augustragone.blogspot.jp/2014/11 ... 9.html?m=1

Info on Amazon Japan
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4048669990

This is the same group/publisher that brought us the Godzilla Heisei Perfection and Gamera Heisei Perfection books, both of which were very solid (Particularly the Gamera book). This era of G films is one of my favorites, so it's great to a book solely dedicated to this time period of G films.

It will be released in books stores over here(Japan) this Friday, 11/28. I'll be picking it up and posing a review sometime this weekend.

Hopefully, this "Perfection" series will continue with another book covering the G films from 1954-1968 along with one dedicated to the Millenium films...
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Zornow13
Samurai

Re: GODZILLA'S HEROIC YEARS: 1969-1975 PERFECTION

Post by Zornow13 »

I ordered mine!! also a GAMERA manga that apparently takes place between G2 and G3 that features Barugon!
" What the Moon brings..."
"...and what the night leaves behind..."
" ...are the reasons' why..."
" ZORNOW MUST BE DESTROYED!"
http://zornowmustbedestroyed.com/

1tisoygoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by 1tisoygoji »

I'm still irked that G'84 wasn't in the Heisei book even if it's considered Showa.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

1tisoygoji wrote:I'm still irked that G'84 wasn't in the Heisei book even if it's considered Showa.
I wasn't irked, because I consider the first book as specifically about the work of Koichi Kawakita, and not the Heisei era per se.
But here we have the next book, and it covers 1969 - 1975, leaving 1985 out in the cold again. Now I'm irked.

1tisoygoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by 1tisoygoji »

G1985 wrote:
1tisoygoji wrote:I'm still irked that G'84 wasn't in the Heisei book even if it's considered Showa.
I wasn't irked, because I consider the first book as specifically about the work of Koichi Kawakita, and not the Heisei era per se.
But here we have the next book, and it covers 1969 - 1975, leaving 1985 out of the cold again. Now I'm irked.
G'84 never seems to get the amount of love it deserves...