The Godzilla Art of Kaida Yuji

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Angilasman
G-Grasper

The Godzilla Art of Kaida Yuji

Post by Angilasman »

We're getting several official Godzilla books late this year. The "Illustrated Guide," Godzilla Mad Libs, and now this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1789097908/re ... UTF8&psc=1

Very exciting!

SoggyNoodles2016

Re: The Godzilla Art of Kaida Yuji

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

OH INSTANT PRE-ORDER. Yuji is my favorite Godzilla artist.

So glad between this and Illustrated Guide to have some Godzilla books outside MV novelizations for my shelf.

RIP Evan.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

^ I'd definitely recommend the Honda biography to go with your collection (also, Ragone's Tsuburaya book, but that's OOP).

Very excited that the floodgates have seemingly been opened in regards to officially licensed books. There are several Japanese books (like the Shin Godzilla art book) that I'd love to be translated and published here.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Oh I'd love if the Making of Shin Godzilla got released stateside. Just glad Toho is actually letting this stuff happen. They've been incredibly stingy over the years.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

This is not only an insanley good looking release but a VERY good sign that Toho's starting to cater to their audience outside of Japan. It feels like the hype for G98 all over again when so many publishers were putting out Godzilla books!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

cloverfan98 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:21 pm This is not only an insanley good looking release but a VERY good sign that Toho's starting to cater to their audience outside of Japan. It feels like the hype for G98 all over again when so many publishers were putting out Godzilla books!
The merchandising floodgates have really burst open: several different companies making toys, several clothing companies, vinyl records, coffee mugs, comics, now books. What else is there? Can't help but laugh about when I was young and being desperate for anything Godzilla. The rare thing that showed up in US stores was a treasure to me.

Lets all buy this book and lobby Titan to bring over Godzilla and Ultraman concept art books next. I'd kill for a Tohl Narita book.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

It is officially in stock on Amazon.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Got mine today. I think the very best part of the book is the last few pages, which lists all the artwork in the book and what they were created for. It's amazing how much work he did for toys, model kits, CDs and laserdiscs.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Looks like several of us (myself included) received this book as a Christmas gift. It’s really nice. I’ve already looked at every image once but I plan to spend more time with it really appreciating each work. And I still have to actually read the contents. I’ll second what legion said in that the section in the back that details each work is really nice. It’s cool that they include a statement about each piece from Kaida giving his own thoughts about his work.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

I also received this for Christmas and really enjoy it. There are some very nice pieces in here but it will take me a long time to narrow down my favorites. Many of these I can see as posters or screen wallpapers.
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)