From Your Howls and Chirps Translation

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

From Your Howls and Chirps Translation

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Been a while but I finished translating another manga from the Godzilla manga compilation I have. This is “From Your Howls and Chirps” by Hoshisato Mochiru (of course it doesn’t have an official English title).

The story is about a man who goes to Infant Island to learn how to speak to monsters! It serves as a mid-quel between GTTHM and IOTAM. Some fun continuity explanations and other issues!

You can read the whole thing here:

Read the whole thing here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

SoggyNoodles2016

Re: From Your Howls and Chirps Translation

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

What a fun little story!

I really liked that. It's my favorite kind of Godzilla story: introspective looks at humanity though the lens of inhuman giants.

Also, guess the "Shobjin were too smart for the Xillien" theory camp won in the end

RIP Evan.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Just discovered this thread, great story!

You’re doing the English-speaking fandom a great service with your translations!
Last edited by kaijukurt on Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

That was fantastic! Something about the Shobijin singing for the protag causing him to tear up got me in my jellies.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.