Monster Discussion: Gekido-Jin

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Monster Discussion: Gekido-Jin

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

https://www.tohokingdom.com/comics/cret/gekido-jin.htm

With the new, updated bio, this seemed like a good thread to have.

IMO, Gekido-Jin is a very intriguing concept that I wish could have been explored further in the comic he originated in. I’d definitely like to see him come back in some capacity (enemy for King Caesar?). Definitely still one of the most unique foes of the Dark Horse comics.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Monster Discussion: Gekido-Jin

Post by Terasawa »

I think the Color Special is a great book but Gekido-Jin's really just Daiei's Majin with a backstory and more tools to fight Godzilla.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

I think this may've been the first Godzilla comic I ever read, so Gekido-Jin certainly left an impression. Even younger me, who was largely only interested in monsters resembling reptiles or dinosaurs, really liked this guy. NEVER noticed how his hammer has the face of Godzilla on it. I love the idea that it reflects the face of the opponent he's aiming to take down.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

To me this was Dark Horse at its best. Using original creations that clearly take inspiration from proven concepts.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Nice. A really unique design and a ton of cool powers.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!