I need help tracking a book of collectibles down

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
KaijuProfessor
Ronin

I need help tracking a book of collectibles down

Post by KaijuProfessor »

Hey everyone, I am a master's student at the University of North Texas whose current research is based on Godzilla paratexts (marketing, toys, licensed merch, etc.). My entire thesis is about Showa Era posters and toys, but that's a discussion for another day. Right now, I really need your help. In 2014, a post was made on this forum (viewtopic.php?t=20453) which, according my research, is the sole photograph of the gun and target game which was released in conjunction with Godzilla Raids Again in Japan. Outside of this photo, there is no proof the toy even exists outside of toy collectors which only source each other in an endless circle. Does anyone know anything about the book this photo comes from? I PM'd the OP but they have been inactive since 2014 so I have little hope they will respond. I know the book features many licensed Toho products, so I'm assuming it's a Japanese book similar to Collecting Japanese Monster Movies. If anyone can give me an author name, a book name, a product listing, anything, I would be greatly appreciative. I would be more than willing to provide a shout out to whoever can help in my thesis paper. Thank you all for your time.