GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
ihowlatthemoon
Ronin

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Post by ihowlatthemoon »

now this series here i would for sure throw 3.99 at. this artist is one of the few that i think earns every penny he gets. this series has me totally rethinking the 3.99 is to much for a godzilla comic thing... when i read this reveal i was overcome with joy. great great news. leaves me VERY excited for june. monster fights and matt frank i think it's to much for me to take right now!

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Laserface121 wrote:
I expect IDW will see a steep drop in sales because of this whole Zilla thing. Zilla is the scorn of the franchisae, looked down upon even more than Minya. This series looked so promising too, now it's ruined.
Dude, this comic hasn't even come out yet. There's lots of potential for this. Believe it or not but, I'm looking forward to seeing Zilla featured in this and hopefully we can see him being sheer badass.
Ignore him, he is troll.
Living Corpse wrote:Image

Get back to me when we get something cool like Zone Fighter, the Super-X, Garuda, Megaguirus, King Caesar, Dogora or Mecha-King Ghidorah.
Can't win 'em all, you know. I wanted Scaos in Kaiju Combat. That didn't happen.

I'm convinced they have King Caesar. I'm pretty sure he was on the "negotiation table" along with several monsters already confirmed. I'm not 100% sure though.
Living Corpse wrote:I still would think it'd be nice to get more weapons like the Super-X.

Other then Masers and the Garuda on SMG's back we really haven't seen many Toho weapons.
I'll have to look into this, but I think IDW might not be able to use them. I forgot.
ihowlatthemoon wrote:now this series here i would for sure throw 3.99 at. this artist is one of the few that i think earns every penny he gets. this series has me totally rethinking the 3.99 is to much for a godzilla comic thing... when i read this reveal i was overcome with joy. great great news. leaves me VERY excited for june. monster fights and matt frank i think it's to much for me to take right now!
Hooray! Welcome back to the good side! :huge:
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Final Wars and GTS changed my views on Zilla as a monster. Yes it was a low blow to the Godzilla series but the monster it's self is like an abused child looking for love. Zilla is no longer the American Godzilla and his inclusion under the name Zilla should help those who were made fans by the 98 film understand the difference between Godzilla and Zilla hopefully.

IMO the way we treat Zilla around here the poor guy should be the Vegeta to Godzilla's Goku, he's looking for acceptance but he'll always be in Godzilla's shadow.

Now speaking of King Ghidorah I do want to him beat up Zilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Mr. X wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:I still would think it'd be nice to get more weapons like the Super-X.

Other then Masers and the Garuda on SMG's back we really haven't seen many Toho weapons.
'll have to look into this, but I think IDW might not be able to use them. I forgot.
Toho changes there mind on these things so often it's so hard to say. Atari was able to use the Gotengo and Super-X3 with no problem, but I wouldn't be surprised if Toho changed their stance on these in terms of their use or they have some odd separate terms for comics for them versus their use in video games.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

One more thing I hate GINO for what it did to the franchise, Zilla just happens to look and act like GINO and has a bad rep because of that.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

Proof you'll never satisfy everyone.

Myself: I'm still shocked that we are EVEN GETTING Zilla in the comics, let alone a true fight between him and Godzilla. I treat Zilla like the rest of the monsters; an individual monster that can be played with (for a lack of a better term). As said before: don't blame the monster; blame the people who made the film.

Are there other monsters that I want to see? Absolutely. But sometimes: you have to be patient. Eventually, we will see all the monsters that IDW has in their possession.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Tim85 wrote:Are there other monsters that I want to see? Absolutely. But sometimes: you have to be patient. Eventually, we will see all the monsters that IDW has in their possession.
Personally, Zilla is just the type of monster I like to see highlighted in these comics, because let's face it: they are never going to get used in a movie again, so the comic medium is a perfect place to let them shine.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Kaijusamurai
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaijusamurai »

I've been lurking for a bit now, and I have to say, I'm enjoying the discussion being had over Zilla. I'm honestly surprised that ANYONE would think this was a bad idea.

Let me put some fears to rest - Zilla is just another kaiju. Nothing more, nothing less. We're not playing him up as a joke, and trust me, the fight will be well worth your time and money :) This ain't no Final Wars, I can tell you that!

Destroyer
G-Grasper

Post by Destroyer »

Zilla is a whole 'nother monster, I'm personally looking forward to seeing him back in action.
Making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. ~Ephesians 5:16

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Destroyer_199

Owner of http://destroyer14.com/

Editor/Reviewer for http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Arbok wrote:
Tim85 wrote:Are there other monsters that I want to see? Absolutely. But sometimes: you have to be patient. Eventually, we will see all the monsters that IDW has in their possession.
Personally, Zilla is just the type of monster I like to see highlighted in these comics, because let's face it: they are never going to get used in a movie again, so the comic medium is a perfect place to let them shine.
Personally Arbok I think monsters like Zilla, Varan and Titano are getting this comic time because Toho has plans for them some day.

Usually when doing something like this a company will put their strong favorites and who ever they want to get exposure to.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GreenScar
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar »

Kaijusamurai wrote:I've been lurking for a bit now, and I have to say, I'm enjoying the discussion being had over Zilla. I'm honestly surprised that ANYONE would think this was a bad idea.

Let me put some fears to rest - Zilla is just another kaiju. Nothing more, nothing less. We're not playing him up as a joke, and trust me, the fight will be well worth your time and money :) This ain't no Final Wars, I can tell you that!
And Boom goes the Dynamite! This series is gona kick some serious ass. Think about it, they're STARTING with Godzilla Vs. Zilla! There is plenty of time for all the kaiju to have their time to shine. These are real fans that want to make a comic for they're peers and have the talent to deliver. You, good sir, can have my money!
:g2k: :godzilla: :g64: :spacegodzilla: :mechagodzilla: :gigan: :monsterx:

Top 5 Toho Kaiju I hope show up in the Monsterverse -https://youtu.be/ay28_lPFHvg

Laserface121
Monarch Researcher

Post by Laserface121 »

Kaijusamurai wrote:I've been lurking for a bit now, and I have to say, I'm enjoying the discussion being had over Zilla. I'm honestly surprised that ANYONE would think this was a bad idea.

Looking forward to it, Matt.

Laserface121
Monarch Researcher

Post by Laserface121 »

Brody wrote:I'll wait until I read it before I judge it, but Zilla? Really?
Dude, get over it. It's not Zilla's problems. It was the execution by Roland Emmerich that made it stupid.

Eunectes
Gotengo Officer

Post by Eunectes »

Why are people freaking over Zilla? He's not Godzilla and we know it. He's another kaiju that was given a false name. Get over the past, seriously. I'm excited over Matt's comments tbh.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Destroyer wrote:Zilla is a whole 'nother monster,
People need to get this into their heads. It's NOT Godzilla. It's a giant mutant iguana.
Brody wrote:I'll wait until I read it before I judge it,
As you should do with everything. Ever hear of "don't judge a book by it's cover"?
but Zilla? Really?
Godzilla: Rulers of Earth #1—SPOTLIGHT
Chris Mowry (w) • Matt Frank (a & c)
In the wake of the climactic conclusion of Godzilla #13 comes a brand new series! Dozens of new monsters have risen from the depth and are staking out their own territory, regardless of humanity's political borders! A war of dominance beings... will Godzilla end up on top? First he'll have to beat a new upstart... Zilla!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Definitely says Zilla.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

Laserface121
Monarch Researcher

Post by Laserface121 »

Living Corpse wrote:
Mr. X wrote:Can't win 'em all, you know. I wanted Scaos in Kaiju Combat. That didn't happen.
GASP! You serious? I thought he was for sure gonna make it in. :shock:
Get over the past, seriously.
Stop bringing him up so we can seriously. :roll: I don't get this logic at all. People tell us to move on but then keep bringing up the past. Okay how are people supposed to move on when others keep bring it up? Seriously. It's like me telling someone to move on from their dead pet and then keep E-mailing them pictures of said dead pet. Every day. Kinda hard to move on when others keep bring it up and reminding them.

I'm not even pissed, I'm just sick and tired of hearing it and want to forget about it. Nope can't have that, fans keep talking about it and now an official comic is actually using it.

Seriously. :roll:
It's being done in the hands of two people who love Godzilla to death. Who knows. Maybe Zilla will be a badass.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Living Corpse wrote:
Mr. X wrote:Can't win 'em all, you know. I wanted Scaos in Kaiju Combat. That didn't happen.
GASP! You serious? I thought he was for sure gonna make it in. :shock:
Yeah, I'm disappointed. Oh well, he might be in a future release.
Living Corpse wrote:I'm still gonna get the comics but I'm skipping the Zilla issues, simply cause I'm sick of hearing about him and want to forget and move on, not be reminded of his sorry ass.
It's Zilla though. Not Godzilla. It's a whole 'nother monster.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

Laserface121
Monarch Researcher

Post by Laserface121 »

Living Corpse wrote:My point >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Your head <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I'm still gonna get the comics but I'm skipping the Zilla issues, simply cause I'm sick of hearing about him and want to forget and move on, not be reminded of his sorry ass.
Except it's not Zilla's fault. It's not just the character, it's how the character is executed. Give the Zilla issues a chance. In the hands of someone like Roland Emmerich, Zilla was a piece of crap. In the hands of the same people behind Godzilla: The Series, Zilla was a badass and in the hands of Ryuhei Kitamura, Zilla was a decent monster. Who knows what'll happen to Zilla in the hands of two big Godzilla fans. Again, just give those issues a chance.

Laserface121
Monarch Researcher

Post by Laserface121 »

Living Corpse wrote:No, no it's not his fault.

He had shitty parents. Two very shitty fathers. I think it's impossible to really "free" him, pre say, he's always gonna be in Godzilla's shadow and seen as a stain by someone. A crummy existence for a movie monster that had potential to be more.
THEN DON'T READ THE COMICS! NOBODY CARES IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO READ THE COMICS JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT WILLING TO LET GO OF THE FACT HE WAS EXECUTED POORLY!

Laserface121
Monarch Researcher

Post by Laserface121 »

Living Corpse wrote:
Laserface121 wrote:THEN DON'T READ THE COMICS!
Um-hum.
I wrote: I'm skipping the Zilla issues, simply cause I'm sick of hearing about him and want to forget and move on, not be reminded of his sorry ass.
Glasses. Get them.
Funny you should mention that. I HAVE GLASSES ON!

Second, I don't think you saw Godzilla the Series when you were a little kid. Matt Frank did two images featuring Zilla from that series Image. If you're not going to accept him as Godzilla, you could at least accept him as another kaiju.