Doctor Demonicus(Marvel G-Foe)

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
The One and Only
Futurian

Doctor Demonicus(Marvel G-Foe)

Post by The One and Only »

So I open this thread about the Merry Monster Maker developed for the short-lived Marvel Comics' GODZILLA:King of the Monsters ! comic series, DOCTOR DEMONICUS.http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/drdemonicus.htm
Although, not content to go quitety into the night with the end of the Marvel Godzilla series, he went on to cause trouble for the SHOGUN WARRIORS in their own short-lived mag as well. And then, made a brief return in IRON MAN with the King of the Monsters ,now mutated, and serving him to boot.
Although his plans hit a snag with getting nabbed by Tony Stark, he later returned with a gang of supercriminals of his own creation, the Pacific Overlords, and ended up raising a chunk of the Pacific floor to create his own country, Demonica/Pacifica. Unfortunatly, Dr. Demonicus ended up under the thrall of a demonic entity called Rakasha. Which ended up causeing his newly formed country of Demonica to sink beneath the waves never to return. Demonicus later was seen a part of the Hood's criminal operation, until that fell apart as well. A guy who made his first few appearances giving Godzilla, Raydeen, Combatra, Dangard Ace, and S.H.I.E.L.D. trouble with daikaiju sized monsters of his own creation shouldn't have that much trouble making a come back don't you think ?What are your thoughts on the wicked doctor ?
Last edited by The One and Only on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Re: Doctor Demonicus(Marvel G-Foe)

Post by MaxRebo320 »

This guy and Death's Head are really in need of Marvel Legends.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Terrier
JXSDF Technician

Post by Terrier »

So the guy appeared in Iron Man to coincide with the release of 'Return of Godzilla'... I wonder if he will have any chance to return once the Godzilla movie comes out, even if without Godzilla himself.

The One and Only
Futurian

Always been a big fan of the guy since I first saw him in Iron Man#193. Although it wasn't until I first hit the World Wide Web that the creature he was deploying in that story was actually supposed to be the Godzilla that roamed the Marvel Universe. Now that's badass. Anywho, looking back at the character, it sort've surprised me that with Doctor Demonicus also making some substantial trouble for the Shogun Warriors in their book. I was thinking that Demonicus would've been an interesting enemy to THE TRANSFORMERS in their mag when the House of Ideas published it. Seeing that in the third issue of the Robots In Disguise had a guest appearance by Spider-Man, and Godzilla's chief pursuer in the Marvel book, Timothy"Dum-Dum" Dugan and Nick Fury discussing the situation with the Transformers. And the familarity of a previous case...

Quote by MaxRebo320:
"This guy and Death's Head are really in need of Marvel Legends."
I agree with you my brother from another mother. Heck, I'll be happy with my low standards with 3.75 scale figure of the Doctor. But until then we'll just have to satisfy ourselves with some custom jobs like this sweet piece right here.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

He should be in Iron-Man 4 :P
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Of course, the word 'Godzilla' was not uttered in the IM appearance of Dr. Demonicus, as the whole concept of Dr. D mutating Godzilla further & changing his look, would've resulted in legal action by Toho.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Manda2012 wrote:Of course, the word 'Godzilla' was not uttered in the IM appearance of Dr. Demonicus, as the whole concept of Dr. D mutating Godzilla further & changing his look, would've resulted in legal action by Toho.
I thought it was because Dr. Demonicus hated Godzilla so much he refused to use the monster's name, in fear it gave him his power :P
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Master-Spiff
Samurai

Post by Master-Spiff »

He mutated Godzilla and forced him to do his bidding. The guy's badass; what more can I say? It helps that he has an awesome name too.

The One and Only
Futurian

While seeing the man who made Godzilla his pet on the big screen would be several types of cool, I'll doubt we'll ever that happen. Although, if ten years ago you told me there was going to be an AVENGERS movie in the works, I'd would've been quick to dismiss that as well. But three years ago when I went to see UNDERWORLD:RISE OF THE LYCANS, at the film's climatic battle scene when the Lycans were laying seige to the vampires' castle. The ruthless vampire leader, Viktor(played always so wonderfully by Bill Nighy),
,dons a suit of armor before going off to battle leading his cadre of Death Dealers.
When I saw him don the armor, with that death's head faceplate, I couldn't help but think, "Holy moly, it's Doctor Demonicus !" :shock: He'd be at the top of my short list for the monster maker in a flick.
Last edited by The One and Only on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Terrier wrote:So the guy appeared in Iron Man to coincide with the release of 'Return of Godzilla'... I wonder if he will have any chance to return once the Godzilla movie comes out, even if without Godzilla himself.
Demonicus had been showing up for years in New Avengers as part of the Hood's gang... so he is on Marvel's radar, although it will take a writer like Bendis searching out obscure characters to use for him to get the limelight in 2014.

If it bites... don't mess with it!

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Hey! I remember that comic!
It's Dark Reign: The Hood by Jeff Parker, my favorite comic writer!
He also referenced giant monsters with radioactive breath attacking Japan in Thunderbolts.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

The One and Only
Futurian

Cool fan art of Dr. Demonicus, and his arch-nemesis.

The One and Only
Futurian

Interesting sketch by artist ,Michael Bukowski, featuring Doctor Demonicus, in a little more of a hard luck position. While radiation seems to give everybody and their sister superpowers in comics. Demonicus in Bukowski's world unfortunately doesn't fare so well. :(
http://ohotmuredux.blogspot.com/2013/03 ... owski.html

marshal99
Ronin

Post by marshal99 »

He appeared in the 90s as the leader of the pacific overlords after using the lifestone to mutate some human lackeys and opposed the west coast avengers towards the end of their run.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/paci ... ords10.jpg

The One and Only
Futurian

Back in 1997, 98', in the wake of Marvel's flagship characters, Captain America, the Avengers, Iron Man, Thor, and the Fantastic Four being lost in the ONSLAUGHT. Being rejiggered in Heroes Reborn ! over the course of 96'-97' in a pocket universe. Then making their return to the Marvel Universe proper(616) in 1997. The characters made their big return in the relaunched Heroes Return. Early on in the Fantastic Four's. Writer Scott Lobdell(Uncanny X-Men) was set as the mag's writer. He only scripted three issues, and plotted the fourth, before having to leave the book due to conflicts with Marvel's editorial. In Wizard:The Guide To Comics ! villain centric special, THE DARK BOOK. Lobdell talked about the plans he had in store for the Fantastic Four's various foes. Of course the one that stood out was none other than Doctor Demonicus. Lobdell planned for a complete make over for the Monster Maker in the first year of the series. The plan was that Demonicus had fashioned himself a hard core cult of followers that worshipped the Lifestone. With the radiation the Lifestone produced having metamorphic properties. Demonicus' cult would see the Lifestone as a means of paving the way for visitors from the stars. On top of the cult's threat, who were wanting recruits for their journey into space. The Lifestone Cult would view the Fantastic Four as false gods in their religion. As much as I was interested in seeing this take on Dr. Demonicus, and bummed that Lobdell didn't get to work the plans he discussed for the various enemies of Marvel's first family in The Dark Book. I'm kind of glad this didn't happen. But with Demonicus' mind not in the best of shape after being under the influence of Rakasha in AVENGERS WEST COAST, and both loosing Pacifica , and his Overlords beforehand. I could see him going this way back then as head of a Heaven's Gate type cult. Your thoughts ?

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I've got it.

Put Dr. Demonicus in the MCU, and at the end of whatever film he shows up in, he opens up a portal to the MonsterVerse and plucks out Godzilla.

We then get Marvel Godzilla adaptation in the MCU.

Not going to lie. As weird, crazy, and oddly fan servicey to a select group of fans as that would be, I'll admit it. I'd lose my mind if they did that, lol.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GojiDog wrote:I've got it.

Put Dr. Demonicus in the MCU, and at the end of whatever film he shows up in, he opens up a portal to the MonsterVerse and plucks out Godzilla.

We then get Marvel Godzilla adaptation in the MCU.

Not going to lie. As weird, crazy, and oddly fan servicey to a select group of fans as that would be, I'll admit it. I'd lose my mind if they did that, lol.
Completely down with this.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Does anyone know if Marvel is even thinking of bringing Dr. Demonicus back sooner or later?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

mikelcho wrote:Does anyone know if Marvel is even thinking of bringing Dr. Demonicus back sooner or later?
None of us work for Marvel so how are we supposed to know?

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

UltramanGoji wrote:
mikelcho wrote:Does anyone know if Marvel is even thinking of bringing Dr. Demonicus back sooner or later?
None of us work for Marvel so how are we supposed to know?
I thought maybe someone had seen or read something in the media somewhere.