The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
godjacob
Futurian

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by godjacob »

Fitting that we use Frankenstein for the Halloween special. This was a wonderful match all around!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:42 pm This was a great match to get us all into the Halloween spirit! Great job, Andrew and Alex!

Is this Frankenstein’s final match, or is there still a few more to go?
This is his send off, his last match. Just a minor oversight on our part, the implementation will be applied in a bit.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Dang, i wanted to do something more flashy for his retirement but i wasn't prepared lol

Well, if i have to make an eulogy: Frankenstein maybe didn't contribute the most to the K.W.C.. other wise, he wouldn't be retired. But at the end of the day, every time he showed up; his matches had a certain heart-filled charm to it that couldn't be denied. Every time, he brought a nice edge to his matches, going up against all his opponents that made him wonderful to mess around with, and better to read a good fight with; to the point i'd say he was the only monster on the roster i constantly felt bad for. He was made to be a tragic monster, after all.

And even though he's now part of the K.W.C.E for full time, the Gargantuas, the Titans, the Kongs and a couple other monsters on the roster are sure to carry on that feeling for as long as the K.WC continues to trudge. I supposed even though he's leaving, Frankenstein's presence never truly dies... ;)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

And the match that was teased last survey finally hits the reading grounds!

Aside from a few minor grammar errors, I thought this match was, despite its shortness, very very good.
Spoiler:
Biollante’s motherly behavior in acting as a gardener was a very unique touch at the end, and one I really enjoyed. Great stuff. :huge:
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Post by HillyHulk »

Spoiler:
The banner is hilarious, like something out of a cartoon where the character is thinking along the lines of "How do I get myself into these messes?"
The fight was alright and the ending was kind of funny too.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

If I could get some feedback, that'd be great. See, I'm writing a match right now, but I just don't know if its up to snuff enough to have a shot at making it. I wanna make it a long fight, but still have it flow smoothly. If anyone could give me some advice and maybe read an initial draft, that'd be great.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

New match was pretty fun. Love the banner too.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Dunkeeni wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:42 pm If I could get some feedback, that'd be great. See, I'm writing a match right now, but I just don't know if its up to snuff enough to have a shot at making it. I wanna make it a long fight, but still have it flow smoothly. If anyone could give me some advice and maybe read an initial draft, that'd be great.
PM me what you have and I will take a look over it.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:27 pm
Dunkeeni wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:42 pm If I could get some feedback, that'd be great. See, I'm writing a match right now, but I just don't know if its up to snuff enough to have a shot at making it. I wanna make it a long fight, but still have it flow smoothly. If anyone could give me some advice and maybe read an initial draft, that'd be great.
Will do. You want me to send it in gmail or something else?

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Banner makes me think of like a shark movie that goes for a POV chomp. I kinda like it, and the match was pretty fun as well.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Dunkeeni wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:04 pm
MoarCrossovers wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:27 pm
I sent you the match

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

New match is out, and it's a pretty fun ride. Rathalos is on Skull Island again, Kubal says the f word, and
Spoiler:
Rathalos chalks up his first win!
Last edited by CommanderPhoenix on Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Hey everyone. Do not fear. The match is meant to go up tomorrow. Consider today a brief sneak peak :lol:
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Sneak peak, you say…?

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

A new match is born. Short and simple, but quite entertaining!
Spoiler:
I was rooting for the dragon to win this time around—and I’m pleasantly surprised!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I remember reading this match on DeviantArt not long ago. Pretty good stuff, and a unique clash of kaiju!
Spoiler:
Nice to see Rathalos rack up his first win while he's at it.
Love the banner too. Never knew how much i wanted to see a dragon and a giant, skinless man throw attacks at each other in front of a rainbow. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:23 am I remember reading this match on DeviantArt not long ago. Pretty good stuff, and a unique clash of kaiju!
Spoiler:
Nice to see Rathalos rack up his first win while he's at it.
Love the banner too. Never knew how much i wanted to see a dragon and a giant, skinless man throw attacks at each other in front of a rainbow. :lol:
Kids: Middle Ages knight slaying a dragon.

Adults: Dovakhiin slaying a dragon.

Legends: Giant naked hippie man kicking a dragon’s dick in.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

All around a pretty good match, plenty of fun stuff going on here. Banner’s also pretty cool.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

Glad everyone has been enjoying the match. Not my best work but I don't loath it for something I wrote that is a bit older. Love the banner that Ditto did, amazing work as always

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Hey everyone! Today is a special day, and that is today will mark as the first KWCC livestream! Going to be starting in roughly 20 minutes, otherwise you can be there for the VOD.

https://youtu.be/79dB1kAJ0ek
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells