The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

The other thing isn’t bad! It’s good.

Mecha-King Ghidorah can have all three of his heads be mechanical, as per Godzilla Island. Do note, this is not Hyper Mecha-King Ghidorah, just regular Mecha-King with three heads.

This does not affect any powers except for the reattaching of heads, as the tractor beam and ice beam are exclusively still for the center head.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I checked with the boss and I'm allowed to say.

Since we are keeping MKG in, we've decided to allow him to use the Godzilla Island design and origins. However, you cannot write him as using the Hyper Mecha-King Ghidorah design, as that, we feel, is too different from the original look and borders on being their own character (even though we shoved their abilities in with regular MKG. Don't ask me, I don't decide these things).
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

What's different about the Godzilla Island design for MKG? They look basically the same.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

YOOOOOOOOOOOOO
That's cool as shit.

Another thing I wanna mention is that, regarding the whole thing of "limiting who gets in".

Due to other recent announcements, and excluding those who aren't with us anymore, we are at 98 unique monsters, this is including additions like Salunga, Jet Jaguar (Reiwa) and Mechagodzilla (Legendary), and this isn't including ones that have some sort of a ticket into the KWC already, with the staff waiting for the release of the media they're in (Daimajin, Eva-01, Shin Ultraman kaiju). This also isn't including additions already planned that the people don't know about, ones in a limbo waiting their final approval (King Ghidorah [Millenium], Anguirus [Reiwa]), and anything else that pops up in the meantime and joins in as well. I'd say the roster size is at a point where, what's left to really add at this point?
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:52 am What's different about the Godzilla Island design for MKG? They look basically the same.
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:42 am Mecha-King Ghidorah can have all three of his heads be mechanical, as per Godzilla Island.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Greyshot151 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:25 pmC-Rex won't be getting the axe later this year. Mecha-King Ghidorah most likely will not either.
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:42 amMecha-King Ghidorah can have all three of his heads be mechanical, as per Godzilla Island. Do note, this is not Hyper Mecha-King Ghidorah, just regular Mecha-King with three heads.

This does not affect any powers except for the reattaching of heads
Huh. Interesting.
Moth wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:54 amDue to other recent announcements, and excluding those who aren't with us anymore, we are at 98 unique monsters, this is including additions like Salunga, Jet Jaguar (Reiwa) and Mechagodzilla (Legendary), and this isn't including ones that have some sort of a ticket into the KWC already, with the staff waiting for the release of the media they're in (Daimajin, Eva-01, Shin Ultraman kaiju). This also isn't including additions already planned that the people don't know about, ones in a limbo waiting their final approval (King Ghidorah [Millenium], Anguirus [Reiwa]), and anything else that pops up in the meantime and joins in as well. I'd say the roster size is at a point where, what's left to really add at this point?
There are still a couple worthwhile potential additions from days past worth looking into, I think. A few that come to mind off-hand are Gekido-Jin (though I realize his inclusion would entirely depend on what sort of abilities the new Daimajin possesses and if they're too similar or not), Dororin (yeah, he looks like Kumasogami, but he's otherwise an entirely separate character, and his shapeshifting could make for some fun matches), and I feel like something from the Gransazers/Justirisers/Sazer-X series should be present (DaiSazer, maybe? Who doesn't want a Super Sentai-style combiner mech on the roster?). Otherwise, though... Yeah. I think the KWC has finally reached the point where it doesn't need to pull from the past anymore and can just wait and see what the future brings.

(Well, aside from the eventual un-retiring of Spyler and Wargilgar...)
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I agree with Titano. While i get that a bloated rostet isn't what we want, there's so much kaiju related stuff that i think its fair to see what the duture brings and get more monsters that way. There night be aome seriously worthy contenders ahead.
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:34 am There are still a couple worthwhile potential additions from days past worth looking into, I think. A few that come to mind off-hand are Gekido-Jin (though I realize his inclusion would entirely depend on what sort of abilities the new Daimajin possesses and if they're too similar or not), Dororin (yeah, he looks like Kumasogami, but he's otherwise an entirely separate character, and his shapeshifting could make for some fun matches), and I feel like something from the Gransazers/Justirisers/Sazer-X series should be present (DaiSazer, maybe? Who doesn't want a Super Sentai-style combiner mech on the roster?). Otherwise, though... Yeah. I think the KWC has finally reached the point where it doesn't need to pull from the past anymore and can just wait and see what the future brings.
A little peek behind the scenes: We do have a finite pool of monsters we've looked into. We've scrubbed just about everything within reasonable reach, and we at staff have had thoughts known on who should or shouldn't be included (and importantly, the ones Greyshot approved of after presenting them). How soon they'll come is just a matter of our schedule and our priorities. We're definitely going to prioritize newer stuff, but not because "oh the past is obscure, pfft"--not at all. We just found our confidently definitive list of monsters from the past (let's say... Pre-2019), whereas the future holds many mysteries that we have to be prepared for to the best of our ability.

Not counting recent distributed works on older properties (like Eva or Bushin/Daimajin to a lesser extent), the amount of "past" monsters (announced, privately approved, and those still pending combined) can fit on the fingers of both hands. While this can still change, we're more than confident we'll be good to go when it comes to creatures of the past, and then we can focus on what's to come in the future. We're more than confident these will be worthwhile additions to the roster, be it on merit of power, characterization, or what have you. :)

Added in 2 hours 5 minutes 14 seconds:
Oh yeah, since we got some protoforms in the KWC now, little tidbit for Cretaceous King Ghidorah!

According to Rebirth of Mothra: Super Complete Works (which touches on 2 and 3 a little bit), Cretaceous King Ghidorah is an immature Ghidorah. To be specific, his traits are underdeveloped. Like his flight is still bound by Earth's atmosphere (whereas GKG is able to fly freely by manipulating gravity), or how his heads are all competing to become the dominant head. In the film, GKG's center head acts as the leader; but for Cretaceous, it's a constant battle between them until they mature into the dominant one.
Last edited by KaijuX on Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

What if, the titles for some of the monsters were changed like I think it was recently for Attack Titan?
For example, Angurius (2001) from "Golden Freezing Monster" to "Golden Freezing Guardian"
Others I had in mind:
Battra "The Wrath of Earth" or "The Earth's Wrath"
Behemoth to "Benevolent Titan"
Gabara "Monster Island Bully"
Showa Godzilla "Earth's Destructive Champion"
Goliath "Electric Space Dragon"
Gorosaurus "Kicking Carnivore"
Spacegodzilla "Crystalline Conqueror"
Wargilar "Flamethrower Terror Beast"
Mechagodzilla (Legendary) "APEX Titan Slayer"
King Cobra "Web Spitting Serpent"

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Electric Space Dragon actually sounds pretty good for Goliath!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I think a better title for Destoroyah would be “Destoyer of All Living Things.”
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Ultraman to "Monster Extermination Expert"
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Gojira1604 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:50 am What if, the titles for some of the monsters were changed like I think it was recently for Attack Titan?
For example, Angurius (2001) from "Golden Freezing Monster" to "Golden Freezing Guardian"
Others I had in mind:
Battra "The Wrath of Earth" or "The Earth's Wrath"
Behemoth to "Benevolent Titan"
Gabara "Monster Island Bully"
Showa Godzilla "Earth's Destructive Champion"
Goliath "Electric Space Dragon"
Gorosaurus "Kicking Carnivore"
Spacegodzilla "Crystalline Conqueror"
Wargilar "Flamethrower Terror Beast"
Mechagodzilla (Legendary) "APEX Titan Slayer"
King Cobra "Web Spitting Serpent"
I mostly change stuff around if it's best interest; however, while I do go to custom subtitles (like Leo's "Vanguard of Prosperity"), I generally do try to adhere to official subtitles if at all possible (like Wargilgar's "Destruction Terror-Beast"). 2001 Anguirus, for example, is called the "Golden Freezing Monster" next to Baragon's "Red Hot Monster" and Varan's "White Wind Monster"--I had no intentions on deviating from that (note: Millennium Baragon's official "God of Earth" subtitle usurps his prototype's "Red Hot Monster" on the merit of it being in the final film).

The Attack Titan's was changed because the original "Rage of Humanity" was derived from the anime, since I couldn't conjure up on appropriate for the live-action version (mild correction: I used the posters as a reference for the live-action Titans and their humans... Calling the Attack Titan "The Believer" was too dumb and far-reaching for me). Demon of Justice, however, is how the Attack Titan is described in the live-action novelization, so I made the change since it sounds awesome and has precedent to the live-action universe.

Also as a side, I don't recall King Cobra being a "web spitter" of sorts... Was thinking "Serpentine Competitor", something to incorporate the first episode he appeared in, "Competition".
Last edited by KaijuX on Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

King Cobra shoots the glue-like substance in the episode, not really webbing.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Hear ye, hear ye! I have come from the far off future to give you all a glimpse into the... uh, future... and reveal to all: King Cobra's true KWC title, as foretold by destiny!

Last edited by TitanoGoji16 on Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:58 pm Hear ye, hear ye! I have come from the far off future to give you all a glimpse into the... uh, future... and reveal to all: King Cobra's true KWC title, as foretold by destiny!

Damn. Here I was hoping it'd be "Sticky Danger Noodle."

Added in 6 minutes 3 seconds:
TitanoGoji16 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:34 am
Greyshot151 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:25 pmC-Rex won't be getting the axe later this year. Mecha-King Ghidorah most likely will not either.
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:42 amMecha-King Ghidorah can have all three of his heads be mechanical, as per Godzilla Island. Do note, this is not Hyper Mecha-King Ghidorah, just regular Mecha-King with three heads.

This does not affect any powers except for the reattaching of heads
Huh. Interesting.
Moth wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:54 amDue to other recent announcements, and excluding those who aren't with us anymore, we are at 98 unique monsters, this is including additions like Salunga, Jet Jaguar (Reiwa) and Mechagodzilla (Legendary), and this isn't including ones that have some sort of a ticket into the KWC already, with the staff waiting for the release of the media they're in (Daimajin, Eva-01, Shin Ultraman kaiju). This also isn't including additions already planned that the people don't know about, ones in a limbo waiting their final approval (King Ghidorah [Millenium], Anguirus [Reiwa]), and anything else that pops up in the meantime and joins in as well. I'd say the roster size is at a point where, what's left to really add at this point?
There are still a couple worthwhile potential additions from days past worth looking into, I think. A few that come to mind off-hand are Gekido-Jin (though I realize his inclusion would entirely depend on what sort of abilities the new Daimajin possesses and if they're too similar or not), Dororin (yeah, he looks like Kumasogami, but he's otherwise an entirely separate character, and his shapeshifting could make for some fun matches), and I feel like something from the Gransazers/Justirisers/Sazer-X series should be present (DaiSazer, maybe? Who doesn't want a Super Sentai-style combiner mech on the roster?). Otherwise, though... Yeah. I think the KWC has finally reached the point where it doesn't need to pull from the past anymore and can just wait and see what the future brings.

(Well, aside from the eventual un-retiring of Spyler and Wargilgar...)
Wait Wait Wait. Did you just confirm SP Jet Jaguar and Salunga, whom I'm pretty sure a lot of us expected... But also Daimajin and Eva 01?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:58 pm Hear ye, hear ye! I have come from the far off future to give you all a glimpse into the... uh, future... and reveal to all: King Cobra's true KWC title, as foretold by destiny!
Oh no! We've been bamboozled! Back to the drawing board on that one. :P
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:49 am Wait Wait Wait. Did you just confirm SP Jet Jaguar and Salunga, whom I'm pretty sure a lot of us expected... But also Daimajin and Eva 01?
Bushin/Daimajin and Eva-01 haven't been hard confirmed yet (the former has yet to release and the latter we're waiting on availability), they're definitely in the plans! While Eva-01 is probably easier to access / write for at this point (going off the trailers for 3.0+1.0), we're just waiting for the movie for final say, mostly in terms of any new powers / forms that could be on the table.

Also, to clarify the movie in question:

Pair of kings.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

KaijuX wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:40 am
Oh no! We've been bamboozled! Back to the drawing board on that one. :P
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:49 am Wait Wait Wait. Did you just confirm SP Jet Jaguar and Salunga, whom I'm pretty sure a lot of us expected... But also Daimajin and Eva 01?
Bushin/Daimajin and Eva-01 haven't been hard confirmed yet (the former has yet to release and the latter we're waiting on availability), they're definitely in the plans! While Eva-01 is probably easier to access / write for at this point (going off the trailers for 3.0+1.0), we're just waiting for the movie for final say, mostly in terms of any new powers / forms that could be on the table.

Also, to clarify the movie in question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMYdCNhlCgc
I must make a request for SP Manda as well... >.>
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

No chance there. SP Manda may look cool, but unless you want to pull the swarm mechanic in, there's nothing there that Showa and Millennium Manda don't already bring to the table.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

So it seems Battra and Biollante's photos in the roster changed to their Larva and Rose forms today but have changed back today as well.