The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by HillyHulk »

godjacob wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:16 pm
HillyHulk wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:03 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:59 pm

I think you should try it. I've used the KWC and KWCE as practice for my writing ability, and still do today.

I have faith in you. :mrgreen: :KingGhidorah64:
Same here, this place can really up your writing ability if you have the confidence for it.
I appreciate the vote of confidence. I won't promise anything but I'll least think it over. :)
I'd say that's good enough. Good luck if you decide to.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:59 pm

I think you should try it. I've used the KWC and KWCE as practice for my writing ability, and still do today.

I have faith in you. :mrgreen: :KingGhidorah64:
Same here, this place can really up your writing ability if you have the confidence for it.
I appreciate the vote of confidence. I won't promise anything but I'll least think it over. :)
If I may suggest -- and this literally just got mentioned in our email...

http://www.paper-dragon.com/1939/dent.html

It's an interesting structure formula to build your story on, and I haven't even heard of it until now. It looks quite interesting, and I think would be a great sort of "starting point" for a meaty and enticing story to build a fight around. :)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

KaijuX wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:47 pm
If I may suggest -- and this literally just got mentioned in our email...

http://www.paper-dragon.com/1939/dent.html

It's an interesting structure formula to build your story on, and I haven't even heard of it until now. It looks quite interesting, and I think would be a great sort of "starting point" for a meaty and enticing story to build a fight around. :)
Huh, this is fascinating. I will look this over, no question. Thanks for the link.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So, I guess we're keeping Shin's old photo after all?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:25 pm So, I guess we're keeping Shin's old photo after all?
You'll probably have to hard refresh the page if you're still seeing the old photo on the Combatant Statistics page. ;) If all else fails, just clear the cache and that'll probably do it for sure.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I went out of my way to restart my laptop a few times; it's still showing Shin's old character picture.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:58 pm I went out of my way to restart my laptop a few times; it's still showing Shin's old character picture.
Then I think you simply need about 24-48 hours or so for the image to change. If not, I'd reiterate clearing out your cache from your browser. If neither of those work, then idk.

Pair of kings.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

As someone who loves Shin and Mothra. The ending of the match was peak.

The Shin announcement is also amazing! Quick question regarding the 5th form: is it too far fetched to have them interacting with humans in a more personal manner? How intelligent can we write them? The pitch I have is basically 'a 5th form shin works with a human researching team in some manner'..
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Moth wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:36 am As someone who loves Shin and Mothra. The ending of the match was peak.

The Shin announcement is also amazing! Quick question regarding the 5th form: is it too far fetched to have them interacting with humans in a more personal manner? How intelligent can we write them? The pitch I have is basically 'a 5th form shin works with a human researching team in some manner'..
All I know is we can't make them speak.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Moth wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:36 am As someone who loves Shin and Mothra. The ending of the match was peak.

It'd be for the best if we kept them more... "feral" in a sense. Basically, what if 4th form were that tiny? But with a more mobile body.

Pair of kings.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

KaijuX wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:43 am

It'd be for the best if we kept them more... "feral" in a sense. Basically, what if 4th form were that tiny? But with a more mobile body.
Could we make them tribal, perhaps? Symbolizing their growing intelligence and connections to humanity?
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:28 am
KaijuX wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:43 am

Could we make them tribal, perhaps? Symbolizing their growing intelligence and connections to humanity?
Tribal is the most I'm willing to take with it, and in general no problems with the Shins working together (somewhat of a given, lol).

Added in 26 seconds:
Just nothing overly humanizing, despite their humanoid looks.

Pair of kings.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Tribal would probably work best, going off the whole “Takes a Committee to fight a Committee” thing with the humanoids.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Nagoda wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:05 pm Tribal would probably work best, going off the whole “Takes a Committee to fight a Committee” thing with the humanoids.
Agreed. I'd imagine the 5th forms also being like mini versions of the Giant God Warriors who, despite being humanoid, display nothing but destructive tendencies and the ability to work together for said destruction. As mindless as they are coordinated.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

The story potential the 5th form alone of Shin has is quite terrifying and fascinating.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

godjacob wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:39 pm The story potential the 5th form alone of Shin has is quite terrifying and fascinating.
Reminds me a bit of the Dragma from Godzilla: The Series, only with a much more versatile movepool. "Strength in numbers."
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Since they can retain traits of fourth form, technically they could have wings and become angels of death.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Nagoda wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:12 pm Since they can retain traits of fourth form, technically they could have wings and become angels of death.
Nightmare fuel. :shingodzillapurple:

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Nagoda wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:12 pm Since they can retain traits of fourth form, technically they could have wings and become angels of death.
The Heralds of Vishnu