The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:10 pm Glad people are enjoying the match, thanks y’all.

Shout out to Nagoda for that banner, killer stuff.
Spoiler:
And yes, this match will eventually receive a continuation. This is just the start of the fully grown Godzilla Junior’s story, after all ;)
Badass!
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillaFan8889
GPN Volunteer

Post by GodzillaFan8889 »

Man, all of the Shin Resurgence month matches have been awesome so far! I'm planning to post a full review of all of them once the month is over.

Also, I know I'm very late to the party but I kinda want to post a hot take on Shin's retirement. I fully get why we're swapping him out for Ultima... but I feel like it happened a bit too soon and it was too sudden. By the end of this month, poor Shin will only have (what I assume are) eight matches over almost 3 years, which isn't much in the grand scheme of the KWC. I dunno, I feel like he could've done with just a little more time or maybe some grace period where more Shin matches could've been submitted before the retirement was finalized. Of course, maybe I'm forgetting something or maybe I just don't see the bigger picture, but that's my interpretation anyways.
Guy who does stuff, also a KWC/KWCE writer! :D

I go by he/him

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

There is no reason we can't have both Ultima and Shin and the KWC staff are uncreative cowards removing Shin.

#Saveshin
Last edited by godjacob on Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

godjacob wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:08 pm There is no reason we can't have both Ultima and Shin
If we could write with Shin the same way we could in the K.W.C.E, maybe you'd have a point. Unfortunately we can't.

There's legit no reason to keep the dude who is pretty much a more shackled version of the new guy (which I'd like to reiterate is the REAL reason Shin is retiring) and no, his matches being amazing isn't enough to save him. Retirees have plenty of amazing matches, but it doesn't change the fact that they weren't worth keeping around because whatever replacements came their way was basically them but upgraded accordingly.

Added in 4 minutes 34 seconds:
GodzillaFan8889 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:52 pm By the end of this month, poor Shin will only have (what I assume are) eight matches over almost 3 years, which isn't much in the grand scheme of the KWC. I dunno, I feel like he could've done with just a little more time or maybe some grace period where more Shin matches could've been submitted before the retirement was finalized. Of course, maybe I'm forgetting something or maybe I just don't see the bigger picture, but that's my interpretation anyways.
AFAIK I think when a retiree gets announced to.. well, be retired, it's immediate. You can't write anymore matches with them and they're sent right to the K.W.C.E if you still have one in the making. When it comes to monster months they're done in a way that the admins think are the strongest written and deserve the most spotlight (of course that's not saying they thought the other matches were BAD) so there's probably a ton of K.W.C.E matches with Shin that could've been in the K.W.C had he'd stuck around a tad longer.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:33 pm
godjacob wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:08 pm There is no reason we can't have both Ultima and Shin
If we could write with Shin the same way we could in the K.W.C.E, maybe you'd have a point. Unfortunately we can't.

There's legit no reason to keep the dude who is pretty much a more shackled version of the new guy (which I'd like to reiterate is the REAL reason Shin is retiring) and no, his matches being amazing isn't enough to save him. Retirees have plenty of amazing matches, but it doesn't change the fact that they weren't worth keeping around because whatever replacements came their way was basically them but upgraded accordingly.

Added in 4 minutes 34 seconds:
GodzillaFan8889 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:52 pm By the end of this month, poor Shin will only have (what I assume are) eight matches over almost 3 years, which isn't much in the grand scheme of the KWC. I dunno, I feel like he could've done with just a little more time or maybe some grace period where more Shin matches could've been submitted before the retirement was finalized. Of course, maybe I'm forgetting something or maybe I just don't see the bigger picture, but that's my interpretation anyways.
AFAIK I think when a retiree gets announced to.. well, be retired, it's immediate. You can't write anymore matches with them and they're sent right to the K.W.C.E if you still have one in the making. When it comes to monster months they're done in a way that the admins think are the strongest written and deserve the most spotlight (of course that's not saying they thought the other matches were BAD) so there's probably a ton of K.W.C.E matches with Shin that could've been in the K.W.C had he'd stuck around a tad longer.
I think there is more a degree of difference writing Shin vs. Ultima than you are writing off. Either way this is one of the most soulless retirings ever, just replacing Shin with a new hot toy cause of self-imposed restrictions nobody asked you guys to make. This month has only shown what a colossally dumb idea this has been and I will be eternally annoyed by it.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

godjacob wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:02 pm Either way this is one of the most soulless retirings ever, just replacing Shin with a new hot toy cause of self-imposed restrictions nobody asked you guys to make. This month has only shown what a colossally dumb idea this has been and I will be eternally annoyed by it.
Whose "you guys"? I'm not a staff member lol. The only one who put that rule in was Greyshot and I don't think even the people who decided to retire Shin was happy about it. It wasn't just because Ultima is a "shiny new toy".

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:19 pm
godjacob wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:02 pm Either way this is one of the most soulless retirings ever, just replacing Shin with a new hot toy cause of self-imposed restrictions nobody asked you guys to make. This month has only shown what a colossally dumb idea this has been and I will be eternally annoyed by it.
Whose "you guys"? I'm not a staff member lol. The only one who put that rule in was Greyshot and I don't think even the people who decided to retire Shin was happy about it. It wasn't just because Ultima is a "shiny new toy".
Certainly does feel like the only reason. Given even with that rule that nobody seems to like, Shin is proving he can be part of quality matches. it all feels like a complete waste.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Swooping in!

Let the month play out and let this be a chance for Shin to shine. While we're all aware of the outcome, let's not waste it with pointless bitching or moaning. Let the final match--which y'all guessed right with it being the 29th--speak for itself. It's the most I'm asking out of y'all. Afterward, speak to your heart's content.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

KaijuX wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:48 pm Swooping in!
Let the final match--which y'all guessed right with it being the 29th--speak for itself.
This is totally just me stroking my ego, but I'm happy that I predicted the final matches date just be seeing that 377's release was on the 19th. :P

But yeah I agree. Sorry if I seemed a bit heated back there; I just don't want people to get the wrong idea.
Last edited by Gigantis on Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Let the month play out and let this be a chance for Shin to shine. While we're all aware of the outcome, let's not waste it with pointless bitching or moaning. Let the final match--which y'all guessed right with it being the 29th--speak for itself. It's the most I'm asking out of y'all. Afterward, speak to your heart's content.
I'll be a fair sport and reserve my tongue about the situation till least after that date. I promise nothing else.

GodzillaFan8889
GPN Volunteer

Post by GodzillaFan8889 »

Honestly, I agree. Let's just all hope Shin exits the KWC with an absolute banger. :shingodzillapurple:

And hey, the KWCE, even if it's not fully like the KWC, does deserve more attention I say! Perhaps Shin's retirement could give it exactly that?
Guy who does stuff, also a KWC/KWCE writer! :D

I go by he/him

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

GodzillaFan8889 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:04 am

Honestly, I agree. Let's just all hope Shin exits the KWC with an absolute banger. :shingodzillapurple:

And hey, the KWCE, even if it's not fully like the KWC, does deserve more attention I say! Perhaps Shin's retirement could give it exactly that?
Might help if the KWCE got front page updates rather than be buried on the site. Probably a source of the issue of exposure.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Man, I'd LOVE if we could get the K.W.C.E on the main page, but Toho Kingdom would be sent 10 feet under via copyright strikes considering the fact barely any of its monsters are actually owned by Toho. We have Disney characters, Warner Bros characters, Universal, Paramount, a bunch of other companies from across the globe? I don't think they'd be cool with that and it'd be a NIGHTMARE to try and sort out.

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Post by HillyHulk »

I know some people will miss Shin and aren't happy with him not being around especially with the rules he was restricted with. Personally though, I'm GLAD the guy is gone. Keeping him in character with the film leaves a mostly immobile creature who's a pain in the butt to write in an interesting way. Ultima has a theme just as interesting if not more and him being more mobile gives more freedom to write. Things are good with the way they've changed.

Goodbye Shin, know you will be missed when the month is over... :terrestris: > :shingodzilla:

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Once more, I will reserve my feelings on Shin being gone once the date passes. Out of fairness to avoid adding salt to this.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

It's official. Shin's last match (for the month), and as of today, he has been retired. RIP in pepperonis, he'll only be kinda missed. Now onto the match itself...
Spoiler:
Nah, I'll save that when I get home. I will say, we did retire Greyshot's Shin. But I hope y'all enjoy the new Shin that's taken its place. ;) I'll post in greater detail when I get home from work, but for now I'll just let the hype train ride.
Last edited by KaijuX on Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Spoiler:
We retired Shin Godzilla from the roster so we could add Shin Godzilla to the roster.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Spoiler:
Before anyone asks, no your complaining did nothing to change our minds. KaijuX has been researching everything to get the TRUE Shin Godzilla unrestricted with more abilities for months now, and it was only a couple of months ago that we were able to get it approved, which led to this month of matches.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Nagoda wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:05 am
Spoiler:
and it was only a couple of months ago that we were able to get it approved, which led to this month of matches.
Spoiler:
More accurately, this month was always going to happen, that decision just changed the course and content of the month.
As for the match itself… Solid stuff, fun time with all the action. I feel like it may be a bit too long, but that could just be me.
Spoiler:
Good beginner to show off Shin’s new capabilities, with nothing too ridiculous but still quite intense. Wait on KaijuX to drop a post explaining all the stuff we can do with Shinny boi, cause there are still limits, but the limits are expansive enough to satisfy pretty much anything someone would want.
Banner’s lit, awesome composition and lighting.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
You guys seriously trolled us throughout this entire month. :lol:

This match is pretty good! Lots of different monsters from different eras going at it. Nice to see M Mothra score another W. Guess Shin is gonna stick around after all!

Curious to see what he'll be able to do now. Even his profile pic took a pretty major change. Perhaps a metaphorical sign that Greyshot's Shin is gone and someone else took his place.. or am I looking too much into it?