The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by KaijuX »

Gojira1604 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:07 pm So it seems Battra and Biollante's photos in the roster changed to their Larva and Rose forms today but have changed back today as well.
Yeah, a portion of monsters with alternate forms have been implemented as "two images" stacked on each other. GKG, MG Showa, Monster X, the MUTOs, and a few others have this too. ;)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

ITSHEREITSHEREITSHEREITSHEREITSHERE!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/blog/k-w-c- ... -ultraman/
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Goddamn, that match was great! Everything I could have hoped for from this long awaited matchup. Hell of a way to celebrate Ultraman’s 50 anniversary, for sure!
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:47 am Goddamn, that match was great! Everything I could have hoped for from this long awaited matchup. Hell of a way to celebrate Ultraman’s 50 anniversary, for sure!
Too bad it's his 55th anniversary now. :lol:
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

MoarCrossovers wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:54 am Too bad it's his 55th anniversary now. :lol:

Fuck
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I honestly kinda hope there's a sequel to this match! That ending sure leaves in some good potential.
Last edited by Gigantis on Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

This match was absolutely brilliant. I bet you anything this is gonna win Match of the Year award. :huge:
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

MOTY.

BY FAAAAAR.

RIP Evan.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Very awesome match indeed!
Spoiler:
Wise of Ultraman to constantly use the energy sawblades, very brutal fight with nice characterization for both combatants. Also loved how brutal the fight around them was, people going blind, reduced to atoms, truly a Clash of the Titans.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Holy wow. This match was everything I could’ve wanted it to be and more. Very easily my favorite KWC!
Spoiler:
There definitely needs to be a sequel to this where both Goji and Ultra team up. That ending begs for it.
Last edited by Jermobooka on Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

That was a very good match. There's more I want to say but I don't know how to phrase it, so I'll just leave it at that.
Spoiler:
There is one thing I can think of; this is how to do a scared Godzilla. Afraid, not cowardly... there's a difference.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

For those of you hoping this match gets a sequel, the fact that it is in the continuity registry alongside two of Connor’s other matches as part of a series tells me that your wish will be granted in due time.
KWCE Administrator

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

New match is out! Man, what is it with all the great matches in a row? It also gives Desghidorah some actual characterization rather than just "ahhh fire and brimstone".
Spoiler:
Also yet more proof that Mothra is born to die. The way that Godzilla and Mothra interacted was totally adorable and heartwarming.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GvR, you've done it again! This match was a chilling 10/10, no question! :huge:

I loved the characterization of all three Kaiju--especially Desghidorah. That sh*t was deep.
Spoiler:
Hopefully a Mothra egg still exists somewhere out there... ... ... :Mothra61:

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:41 am deep.
Spoiler:
Hopefully a Mothra egg still exists somewhere out there... ... ... :Mothra61:
Spoiler:
looks at half-eaten hard-boiled Mothra egg

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

DESGHIDORAH RETURNS!
In all honesty though, i don't have much to say about this match other than.. good poop.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Glad everyone’s enjoying this one, this is definitely a match I’m proud of!

I wrote this match because of a discussion I had on Discord regarding how most people essentially just write Desghidorah as “King Ghidorah but with fire and less personality”, so I endeavored to write him as something interesting and something threatening as hell. Someone brought up “he needs to destroy planets to live”, and that spiraled into what you currently see.
Spoiler:
I do wish I had done more to make the ending of the fight not so damn close to how Ghidorah dies in KOTM, but oh well, what are ya gonna do?
Also, you may be wondering why this was posted on the 19th, especially because Mothra’s 60th birthday is on the 30th of this month. Well, it was originally intended to go up on that day, but things came up, things that will most likely be delved into by the heads of staff when the 30th rolls around and that match goes up.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:03 pm Glad everyone’s enjoying this one, this is definitely a match I’m proud of!

I wrote this match because of a discussion I had on Discord regarding how most people essentially just write Desghidorah as “King Ghidorah but with fire and less personality”, so I endeavored to write him as something interesting and something threatening as hell. Someone brought up “he needs to destroy planets to live”, and that spiraled into what you currently see.
Spoiler:
I do wish I had done more to make the ending of the fight not so damn close to how Ghidorah dies in KOTM, but oh well, what are ya gonna do?
Also, you may be wondering why this was posted on the 19th, especially because Mothra’s 60th birthday is on the 30th of this month. Well, it was originally intended to go up on that day, but things came up, things that will most likely be delved into by the heads of staff when the 30th rolls around and that match goes up.
Is it another match of yours? Either way, I can't wait to see it. Your matches are plain badass and this one in particular stands as a testament to that. :Mothra61: :Godzilla68:

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:30 pm
Is it another match of yours? Either way, I can't wait to see it. Your matches are plain badass and this one in particular stands as a testament to that. :Mothra61: :Godzilla68:
Nope, not a match of mine, but definitely one to look forward to.

And thank you, that means a lot :D .
KWCE Administrator

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Spoiler:
While the relationship between Godzilla and Mothra was cute, the more interesting story is Desghidorah's character. He's essentially a being drowning himself in destruction and suffering so he doesn't have to acknowledge his inner loneliness while knowing he can't do it forever... pretty deep.
This was a really good match.