The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
soulgodzilla
Futurian

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:Utsuno I think gets OP points for how quickly he wrecked Orochi in the movie. Granted, how to scale that compared to the others is up in the air (much like the ROM kaiju). That said, how to gauge Orochi is harder to determine. My only real guess as to why Orochi is considered "strong" is because of his *conveyed* size (that is to say, he's large, long, and bulky) and the idea that he is a god. Other than that, there's not really much in placing Orochi in the same tier list as a regular Godzilla, imo.
But doesn’t it said in his bio or wasn’t it shown that his lightning or fire breath could destroy mountains and dry up oceans? If so, then that sounds like something that earns its spot to be OP tier.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

soulgodzilla wrote:
KaijuX wrote:Utsuno I think gets OP points for how quickly he wrecked Orochi in the movie. Granted, how to scale that compared to the others is up in the air (much like the ROM kaiju). That said, how to gauge Orochi is harder to determine. My only real guess as to why Orochi is considered "strong" is because of his *conveyed* size (that is to say, he's large, long, and bulky) and the idea that he is a god. Other than that, there's not really much in placing Orochi in the same tier list as a regular Godzilla, imo.
But doesn’t it said in his bio or wasn’t it shown that his lightning or fire breath could destroy mountains and dry up oceans? If so, then that sounds like something that earns its spot to be OP tier.
That sounds like a hyperbole to me. :P
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

That was a really fun match

However I am truly beyond sick to death of Omega Overlord Bagan just shrugging off Kaiju armies like nothing

It's just so boring, repetitive and overdone to death. I would really like to see in future matches Bagan having a distinct personality and weaknesses.

Anyway the match was great and had some really cool twists

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Has Bagan even won a K.W.C. match yet?

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Rhedosaurus wrote:Has Bagan even won a K.W.C. match yet?
He killed the MUTO’s in their debut.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Umm... You may need to read Matches 50, 131, 180 and 206. He's won plenty. He just has a higher loss ratio, but it's nowhere nearly as bad compared to say Gigan, Monster X, Baragon, and Megalon.

Added in 1 minute 31 seconds:
Actually, the funny thing is for the complaining we've gotten about "Oh Bagan takes down armies of monsters!"--out of ALL the KWCs we have that feature a crack-ton of monsters, he never wins in any of them. So, you know. :P
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Post by HillyHulk »

I don't think the failure is the problem (like the don said, the record isn't that bad), but rather the losses contradict the image people try to give him. He's consistently made to be a kaiju above all kaiju, but then he goes and fails after this is established. If you're supposed to be some kind of super monster but then you go and lose after this is announced, how "super" are you really?

Added in 35 seconds:
Went on a bit of a tangent, but you get my point.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

I think a lot of you need to remind yourselves these are fictional characters with no real powers or abilities and you’re writing fan fiction.
Last edited by Orichalcum on Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

HillyHulk wrote:
I don't think the failure is the problem (like the don said, the record isn't that bad), but rather the losses contradict the image people try to give him. He's consistently made to be a kaiju above all kaiju, but then he goes and fails after this is established. If you're supposed to be some kind of super monster but then you go and lose after this is announced, how "super" are you really?

Added in 35 seconds:
That's part of it. I just remember him losing more then winning. I get why both the Heisei and Legendary Godzilla's have a high win-loss ratio. I just expect Bagan to be batting at least .500.

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Post by HillyHulk »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
HillyHulk wrote:

Added in 35 seconds:
That's part of it. I just remember him losing more then winning. I get why both the Heisei and Legendary Godzilla's have a high win-loss ratio. I just expect Bagan to be batting at least .500.
That was just my theory. He doesn't lose that often, but the fact his reputation is contradictory makes them stand out more. Okay, I'll leave you be.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

New match is out! Still have to read it but at the request of GvJ, here is the first version of the banner before minor changes were made. Image
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Soooooooooo THICC!
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Spoiler:
Wait, the Atari Pipeworks trilogy exists in the Godzilla universe? Wouldn’t that be the most controversial game series of all time? This match has Showa Mechagodzilla show up in the real world, confirming that in this canon, Atari made a trilogy of fun fighting games about monsters that have actually killed millions. No wonder they went bankrupt, they probably got their asses sued off!
Oh yeah, the match itself. It was fun and interesting, not much else to say. Well written action. Neat premise, surprised it was allowed.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Question: Has anyone ever done a match of Gamera post G3 I.E. starts off the match already an amputee?

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

#ZoneFighterBodyShaming
#StopCensorshipInTheKWC
#NotMyMeteorMan
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Living Corpse wrote:Question: Has anyone ever done a match of Gamera post G3 I.E. starts off the match already an amputee?
Not that I recall. Confident he's always had both arms at the start of the match.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

KaijuX wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Question: Has anyone ever done a match of Gamera post G3 I.E. starts off the match already an amputee?
Not that I recall. Confident he's always had both arms at the start of the match.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Well, hope everyone is enjoying the newest match! I did a tiny bit of touch up on this one, actually it was one of the few I still have from Titano's original batch, but I really enjoyed the motivations and action for this one. If I had one gripe, its that Mechagodzilla's AI thing doesn't REALLY go anywhere, but that issue aside, I think its a pretty great match from Kristian.

Also, Nagoda's banner is great on a number of levels. I'll just leave it at that. :lol:
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Really fun match, I thought this was going to be a Zone Fighter burial, but nope, there was interesting tidbits in this match, with both sides getting their offense in.

The ending was neat.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Who's Mecahgodzilla, by the way? Is that a new character?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.