The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

This match is plagued by too many grammatical issues, and in general reading awkwardly at points. There is an interesting premise and highlights to this match, but those problems weigh it down too much. An example would be the dialogue, it feels clunky to me imo, even though the character stuff is good, it’s hard to properly appreciate it because of that. Action’s fine, but too quick for my personal taste, though that might just be me and I understand it as Rhiahn’s a weird one to write action with for sure.

Banner’s pretty dope, very ominous. Dopepope makes badass models, of even silly monsters, so Rhiahn looks nightmarish with all those damn teeth.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:33 am This match is plagued by too many grammatical issues, and in general reading awkwardly at points. There is an interesting premise and highlights to this match, but those problems weigh it down too much. An example would be the dialogue, it feels clunky to me imo, even though the character stuff is good, it’s hard to properly appreciate it because of that. Action’s fine, but too quick for my personal taste, though that might just be me and I understand it as Rhiahn’s a weird one to write action with for sure.

Banner’s pretty dope, very ominous. Dopepope makes badass models, of even silly monsters, so Rhiahn looks nightmarish with all those damn teeth.
I will admit, I also wish that the breaks between scenes were better written. They're written in a way that makes them feel like they just happen right after each other all in the same scene together. For example, the transitions between the spaceship scenes and the scenes with the monsters or human characters.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

New match is out and it appears this is month two of the debut months.

With that said, it was a fun battle
Spoiler:
Also another win for the Attack Titan, which is great
Overall, match is great, banner is great and welcome to the KWC Rhiahn
Last edited by CommanderBowser on Sun May 30, 2021 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

First he snuck into the roster, now he's snuck into a match! Where will Rhiahn sneak into next? More at 11.

I still find myself enjoying the premise to this one a lot, even if it had to be cut down in a lot of areas. There are some issues which I feel GvR appropriate pointed out, and some parts which felt a bit awkward, but it doesn't rub me in the wrong way. Could just be me, though.
ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:29 am Added in 23 minutes 13 seconds:
Spoiler:
Was that Mjolnir that Eren used to smack Rhian? Because that was downright badass!
Spoiler:
Technically yes, Eren used Mjolnir to wreck Rhiahn. BUT I have to mention that there were many more Marvel-heavy references and aspects that were cut down. By technicality, Mjolnir is the Norse version, not the Marvel one; however, this was done as a compromise. Greyshot does not wish to implement Marvel-heavy influences; small nods and references are all right, but nothing that should change the nature of the kaiju, world, , characters, or what have you. Consider this Norse version a one-time exception, not a loophole or permanent mainstay.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Spoiler:
The story isn't reallya story it's exposition before getting into actually fighting.
The fight itself is fine though.

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

I have to say, I am not really too proud of this one anymore. I still really enjoy the premise and some of the action but a lot was cut out (understandably so mind you) and things were added at the last second. I agree with what everyone has said cause at one point I just felt like "I need to finish this" and that was mainly due to me not knowing how to write with Rhiahn. The monster is so unique it was difficult to write with him even after reading the arc he is in quite recently. Like say
Spoiler:
Eren picking up the Norse version of Mjonir was added at the last second and it is cool but it also took away a really cool scene I had with the hammer. Where Armin tries to pick it up and it doesn't budge, only to have Eren say "You aren't worthy." There was also more being open with Captain America being the first Attack Titan and Eren grabbing the A on Avengers tower to slam it into Rhiahn but was switch to Mjonir.
Once again I understand why these things were cut out, just a shame cause I really liked the first two aspects I mentioned. But may this be a guide, I had to walk so everyone else could run. Overall, as it is I'm not that happy with it but hey KWCE exists and I can do a sequel there that is a lot more open with the Marvel references that were cut.

The banner looks AMAZING though. I love what the homie did with it.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

FatBaconUnicorn wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:55 pm I have to say, I am not really too proud of this one anymore. I still really enjoy the premise and some of the action but a lot was cut out (understandably so mind you) and things were added at the last second. I agree with what everyone has said cause at one point I just felt like "I need to finish this" and that was mainly due to me not knowing how to write with Rhiahn. The monster is so unique it was difficult to write with him even after reading the arc he is in quite recently. Like say
Spoiler:
Eren picking up the Norse version of Mjonir was added at the last second and it is cool but it also took away a really cool scene I had with the hammer. Where Armin tries to pick it up and it doesn't budge, only to have Eren say "You aren't worthy." There was also more being open with Captain America being the first Attack Titan and Eren grabbing the A on Avengers tower to slam it into Rhiahn but was switch to Mjonir.
Once again I understand why these things were cut out, just a shame cause I really liked the first two aspects I mentioned. But may this be a guide, I had to walk so everyone else could run. Overall, as it is I'm not that happy with it but hey KWCE exists and I can do a sequel there that is a lot more open with the Marvel references that were cut.

The banner looks AMAZING though. I love what the homie did with it.
I would love to read such a sequel! :mrgreen: :g2k:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Yeah, Rhiahn!
Spoiler:
is dead.. well that kinda sucks but at least he went out in a badass way.

Beyond that though, the match is just kinda.. okay. There's nothing too special about it other than both Rhiahn's introduction and Attack Titan making his return. I will say though, there's definately some good ideas going for it, like the hammer (which i think is mean to be Mjolnir.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

So will GMK Ghidorahs addition to the roster complicate my story (All Ghidorahs Vs Everyone) since mine features MKG prevalently. How soon will MKG be retiring?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Gojira1604 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:52 pm So will GMK Ghidorahs addition to the roster complicate my story (All Ghidorahs Vs Everyone) since mine features MKG prevalently. How soon will MKG be retiring?
From what Greyshot and KaijuX have said, MKG won't be retiring till early/mid 2022. If you think you can get the match done before then, i don't think you have too much to worry about.. if you don't though, i think a small rewriting of the plot is necessary.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

So hoped y'all enjoyed the match, but I did want to point out who noticed the small changes littered throughout... Not much, but imagine it being something that'll lead into something better. ;)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

KaijuX wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:33 pm So hoped y'all enjoyed the match, but I did want to point out who noticed the small changes littered throughout... Not much, but imagine it being something that'll lead into something better. ;)
Spoiler:
I sssssssenssssse a ccccccertain plot twisssssssst to thesssssse changesssss... ... ... :shock:

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Recycling from the Creative Pictures section, I found it weird that I somehow made fanart of the Gamera vs. Godzilla match before I read it. I wish the lighting was better, I'm working on my setup.

cmastashizzlerizzle
Ronin

Post by cmastashizzlerizzle »

Will legendary mechagodzilla get added to the roster? Because he has climbed the ranks as one of my favorite incarnations of the character and I think some fun stuff can be done with his different origin and status among mechagodzillas

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

cmastashizzlerizzle wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:39 am Will legendary mechagodzilla get added to the roster? Because he has climbed the ranks as one of my favorite incarnations of the character and I think some fun stuff can be done with his different origin and status among mechagodzillas
He's been confirmed to be added in. :)

RIP Evan.

cmastashizzlerizzle
Ronin

Post by cmastashizzlerizzle »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:14 pm
cmastashizzlerizzle wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:39 am Will legendary mechagodzilla get added to the roster? Because he has climbed the ranks as one of my favorite incarnations of the character and I think some fun stuff can be done with his different origin and status among mechagodzillas
He's been confirmed to be added in. :)
Cool I hope he gets to fight other mechagodzillas because that is kind of the obvious first idea that comes to mind

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I’m currently writing a match with him right now. ;)

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Just going to bring this up, The Great Yokai War: Guardians is a Toho-Kadokawa joint production, and I bet the majority of people here heard who's in that film.

I bet it's already been talked about in private, but I figure it should be pointed out here.

Interested in the kaiju-sized Yokai also in the film 👁️👁️
Last edited by Moth on Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I did not expect a new match to be out so early! I'm pleasantly surprised!
Spoiler:
First off, what a great match this one was. I loved the story; at first I thought Baragon was gonna be the main protagonist, but was pleasingly proven wrong when Zilla turned out to be the emotional heart and soul of this story. The deaths of Zilla's offspring was genuinely sad and Baragon came off as delightfully threatening and predatory in this match; furthermore, Zilla actually won this time around against a soon-to-be-retired monster, thus breaking the cycle and genuinely surprising me. Also, that ending with Zilla Junior? Heartwarming surprise and emotional payoff at its finest. :tearsofjoy: *chef's kiss*
Great stuff, my dude. Can't wait to read more of your matches in the future. ;)

I give this match 5/5. :huge: :applause:

Added in 32 seconds:
Side note: Nagoda, once again you killed it with the banner. Badass stuff there! :Baragon:
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

New match, it’s pretty fun. Bit clunky in certain spots, but overall a nice time.
Spoiler:
I have a feeling this match was written back in the era of 50 meter scaling and didn’t get adjusted to fit the new scaling, I get that Redwood trees are massive as hell but it’s clear that they’re intended to be much bigger compared to Baragon and Zilla than they would be at proper scaling. Not a fault of the match obviously, the kill was unique and overall the ending was really good, always down for a good paternal/maternal rage in a story.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.