The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by kaijufanforever »

sigh, another loss for Kamacuras and Ebirah, and another win for monster x(not gonna lie, i was expecting him to lose) when o when will Keizer Ghidoran lose

Pacfanweb
Monsterland Worker

Post by Pacfanweb »

Not a huge fan of how the KWC has made Bagan some sort of super monster.

Taking down 9 other kaiju at once? Nah.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Pacfanweb wrote:Not a huge fan of how the KWC has made Bagan some sort of super monster.

It's not just the K.W.C,speak to every Bagan fan online and they say "HE'S THE MOST POWERFUL MONSTER IN THE GODZILLA UNIVERSE!"

I can easily see him slaying these 9 monsters though because....well how is Kamacuras Kumonga and Ebirah of all monsters gonna beat him :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

tyrantgoji wrote:It's not just the K.W.C,speak to every Bagan fan online and they say "HE'S THE MOST POWERFUL MONSTER IN THE GODZILLA UNIVERSE!"
Hey now, I'm a fan and don't see him as the strongest :lol: Actually, I feel Armor Mothra may be the most powerful monster in Toho's library...

But agreed with your second comment. I was worried after seeing it was another "Bagan vs. all these monsters" match, but after seeing who the combatants were, I didn't think it'd be a clean sweep, but it felt reasonable. Replace Bagan with something like Heisei/Burning Godzilla and I think the results would be similar. Tooth-and-claw can have a troublesome time against these energy tanks.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

^Yeah,maybe i should have said "speak to the majority of Bagan fans". My bad :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

I should bring this up, but welcome back Ebirah.

But other then that...
Spoiler:
Aside from the flawed grammars people brought up, it was a missed opportunity to have Hedorah in this match despite his role in FW was nothing more then a brief cameo. I wonder how the match would have been had he showed up, but then again, his toxic smog might have weaken the other monsters (except for King Caesar and Gigan).

But other then that, it was still a fun match to read through. I was kinda routing for either Bagan or Gigan to win, but hey, a surprise win for Monster X.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Match was really cool, I like how Bagan was powerful, but not invincible like some of his previous iterations.
Spoiler:
I didn't mind the fast paced fights, since these are the final Wars monsters, so they're faster than most monsters. I loved how they fought as a cohesive unit, chipping away at Bagan, one monster attacks, another Following up and giving Bagan time to retaliate. The Xilians were portrayed nicely, good stuff.

My only real gripe with the match, is that once Keizer was introduced, he felt way to overpowered, shrugging off plasma blasts like nothing? I think Keizer still should have struggled slightly. Also Gigan felt a bit underutilized, he didn't even use his flying buzzsaws. But again, Gigan and X fighting like in unison against Bagan was pretty sick!

Also screw you KFF Kamacurus sucks and X and Keizer deserve more wins! :twisted:
jk, but I'm a little serious about x though.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Pacfanweb
Monsterland Worker

Post by Pacfanweb »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Pacfanweb wrote:Not a huge fan of how the KWC has made Bagan some sort of super monster.

It's not just the K.W.C,speak to every Bagan fan online and they say "HE'S THE MOST POWERFUL MONSTER IN THE GODZILLA UNIVERSE!"

I can easily see him slaying these 9 monsters though because....well how is Kamacuras Kumonga and Ebirah of all monsters gonna beat him :lol:
Yeah, and I don't get that. There's no reason to think he'd be so powerful. His film versions were supposed to be defeated by Godzilla and also by Mothra, if memory serves.

I think the made him really strong in some game, but that's it. But he certainly was never meant to be as powerful as the KWC has portrayed him, that's for sure.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Got enough time to read Bagan vs. Team Xiliens today and i loved it! :D It has nice action sequences,nice characters and it's nice to see Bagan trudge through the entire group. Along with imagining his SNES skin being used.

Also looking at the banner,i think this may be the first match to use Showa Ebirah and King Caesar!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Pacfanweb wrote: Yeah, and I don't get that. There's no reason to think he'd be so powerful. His film versions were supposed to be defeated by Godzilla and also by Mothra, if memory serves.

I think the made him really strong in some game, but that's it. But he certainly was never meant to be as powerful as the KWC has portrayed him, that's for sure.
That's the thing, though; the video game is the only "canon" Bagan we have. Yes, the scrapped movies kept him more grounded with his power scale, and there's no doubt that'll be the case if he ever gets a film role. I mean, when regular Godzilla only inflicts minuscule damage to him, I don't think it's unreasonable to see him as this be-all powerhouse if we're going off the video game. That said, there's still some exaggeration with the KWC depictions, notably in a lot of his earlier stuff. There are still plenty of monsters that could give him a hard time; Armor Mothra, Grand King Ghidorah, Super Godzilla, the Burning Godzillas, Utsuno Ikusagami... There's a good handful he can still go up against and have an even fight.

Besides, it's all fanfic by the end of the day. Don't get me wrong, it'd be refreshing to have a KWC that has Bagan be more grounded and less exaggerated (I think Match 206 is an excellent example of this). It'd be a fun writing challenge, to say the least. :)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I think Godzilla Neo and the Bagan trilogy are responsible for the idea of OP Bagan.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Birdman wrote:I think Godzilla Neo and the Bagan trilogy are responsible for the idea of OP Bagan.
That and the “Force Loss Scenario cliche” in Super Godzilla where you have to wait for the Super X to come, all while Bagan is just wrecking Godzilla’s arse.

Added in 1 minute 31 seconds:
Also, I think MV Ghidorah could still have a chance of defeating Bagan and maybe Spacegodzilla?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

I think there was also an old fanfic called Koumajutsu: The Coming of Bagan that's something of the ancestral point of the OP Bagan concept, which influenced the Bagan trilogy.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:I think there was also an old fanfic called Koumajutsu: The Coming of Bagan that's something of the ancestral point of the OP Bagan concept, which influenced the Bagan trilogy.
I see... then I guess that explains everything.

Added in 59 seconds:
Yet, was there ever an influence that made the fans depict Orochi being OP aside from Godzilla NEO?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

soulgodzilla wrote:
KaijuX wrote:I think there was also an old fanfic called Koumajutsu: The Coming of Bagan that's something of the ancestral point of the OP Bagan concept, which influenced the Bagan trilogy.
I see... then I guess that explains everything.

Added in 59 seconds:
Yet, was there ever an influence that made the fans depict Orochi being OP aside from Godzilla NEO?
No,i honestly don't think many G-Fans care about Orochi to begin with honestly.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Honestly, I've never heard of anyone thinking Orochi is OP. Mostly just Bagan and the usual suspects from the Heisei era.

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Utsuno tends to be regarded as super powerful whenever a fanfic acknowledges his existence, but Orochi is a bit harder to tell. The KWC seems to be the only place you can find stories with those two actually fighting in the modern day, or against anyone other than each other. Most fanfics just put them in the distant past, shrouded in myth and mystery.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I think what makes it hard to have Orochi be OP is how limited he is in abilities when all he has is fire breath not to mention how heavy his body looks making it hard to see how he'd move quick.

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

New match

The match is a fun one, with some new alternates (SNES Bagan, as well as Showa King Caesar and Showa Ebirah)

The match and banner are very fun
Spoiler:
Glad Monster X is getting more wins. Overall, this match rocks
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Utsuno I think gets OP points for how quickly he wrecked Orochi in the movie. Granted, how to scale that compared to the others is up in the air (much like the ROM kaiju). That said, how to gauge Orochi is harder to determine. My only real guess as to why Orochi is considered "strong" is because of his *conveyed* size (that is to say, he's large, long, and bulky) and the idea that he is a god. Other than that, there's not really much in placing Orochi in the same tier list as a regular Godzilla, imo.

Pair of kings.