The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Monster X and his loser status. LMAO.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Will poor X's uneeded loosing streak ever end?! Find out next time on Dragonball.....GT!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

tyrantgoji wrote:Will poor X's uneeded loosing streak ever end?! Find out next time on Dragonball.....GT!
:lol: :lol:

never, it is his fate to die over and over again(I don't hate X, I just find his constant deaths something like a running gag)

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

kaijufanforever wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:Will poor X's uneeded loosing streak ever end?! Find out next time on Dragonball.....GT!

never, it is his fate to die over and over again(I don't hate X, I just find his constant deaths something like a running gag)
A gag thats this close to being two decades old and has been milked dried.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

soulgodzilla wrote:
kaijufanforever wrote:

I think that any milk expired years ago

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

If anything, those people are the equivalent to Helga from Hey Arnold!

It's obvious they're attracted to Monster X.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

godjacob wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:
kaijufanforever wrote: :lol: :lol:

fair enough, but I just can't help but think "he is gonna die" every time I see a new match with him, I just can't see him getting a win after seeing the majority of his matches, I don't mean to offend anyone.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

kaijufanforever wrote:
godjacob wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote: A gag thats this close to being two decades old and has been milked dried.
fair enough, but I just can't help but think "he is gonna die" every time I see a new match with him, I just can't see him getting a win after seeing the majority of his matches, I don't mean to offend anyone.
But Monster X has won even in KWC. He's beaten MUTO, he's beaten Krystalak and Obsidius. Heck as Keizer Ghidorah he stomped Bagan of all people. So it isn't like there isn't a template of not failure one can use for Monster X. I just feel it is a bit uninspired to go the cliche "LOL Monster X dies again" route with the character.
Last edited by godjacob on Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

godjacob wrote:
kaijufanforever wrote:
godjacob wrote:
But Monster X has won even in KWC. He's beaten MUTO, he's beaten Krystalak and Obsidius. Heck as Keizer Ghidorah he stomped Bagan of all people. So it isn't like there isn't a template of not failure one can use for Monster X. I just feel it is a bit uninspired to go the cliche "LOL Monster X dies again" route with the character.
Exactly, the only match where he does die that I will make as an exception was Megaguirus. I can kinda see Megaguirus pulling off a victory to someone like Monster X because she can move pretty damn quick, and anyone with that level of speed could have opportunities to outsmart anyone.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

soulgodzilla wrote:
godjacob wrote:
kaijufanforever wrote: fair enough, but I just can't help but think "he is gonna die" every time I see a new match with him, I just can't see him getting a win after seeing the majority of his matches, I don't mean to offend anyone.
Exactly, the only match where he does die that I will make as an exception was Megaguirus. I can kinda see Megaguirus pulling off a victory to someone like Monster X because she can move pretty damn quick, and anyone with that level of speed could have opportunities to outsmart anyone.
I don't care typically how someone wins a fight vs. another. And if I have issues with it, I take it to "Who Should have Won" or "Least Fav KWC" fights.

I overlook the Megaguirus myself for a different reason. She is in bad need of wins, seriously you people here are flat out jerks to Megaguirus and her win/loss record is a total joke. Which is a shame cause she is IMO a pretty cool Kaiju who deserves more.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillavsJason wrote:If anything, those people are the equivalent to Helga from Hey Arnold!

It's obvious they're attracted to Monster X.
if this is true, does that mean MM is secretly X's biggest fan?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

...walks into the forum and notices win/loss talk...

Hey guys, I understand everyone has monsters that they like to see win and lose but wouldn't the quality of the fight and the character they have in the fight be worth MORE than the outcome. As a great person that isn't me once said, "Its the journey, not the destination." Sure (Enter monster name here) may lose a match, but why does it matter if they win or lose? Megaguirus, for example, never won a K.W.C. in my matches but hey, she was a pretty awesome badass right? Monster X lost in his match but he was one of the best things in 164.

All that I'm saying is, I'd rather read a match that makes the monster I like look awesome but lose then a sloppily put together match where the monster wins but I would never read it again.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

A character is worth more than the sum of their parts. And it's much better to have a faithful interpretation that loses than a superficial version that wins. I know I said that a while ago, but it's a growing process I hope everyone picks up on and learns from. I know I did, and it took a while to grow out of it. I think wins/losses should only be a subject of complaint if it wasn't earned, not because Monster A or B has a constant win/lose streak.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I absolutely agree with Grey and X in general, but in the instance of Monster X, I also understand the issues with his losses, because a good portion of them do not make him look “awesome”. Three of them were written just to shit on him. One was to shill for Bagan. Match 95 treats him like a joke. People don’t complain about Ultraman and Jet Jaguar beating him, or about Zone Fighter beating him, or about him in match 164 or 250. Because those still use him well despite having him lose.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Like GodzillavsRayquazza said, I don't think anyone gives a shit if Monster X loses. I think it's more how people just write "spite" matches, because "I hate this monster and want him to lose to a very weak monster". It just comes off as predictable and really deters people from wanting to read it.

Will say, I will defend Match 50 here, by saying I think it was more or less used to demonstrate Bagan as this huge threat.
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Greyshot151 wrote:...walks into the forum and notices win/loss talk...

Hey guys, I understand everyone has monsters that they like to see win and lose but wouldn't the quality of the fight and the character they have in the fight be worth MORE than the outcome. As a great person that isn't me once said, "Its the journey, not the destination." Sure (Enter monster name here) may lose a match, but why does it matter if they win or lose? Megaguirus, for example, never won a K.W.C. in my matches but hey, she was a pretty awesome badass right? Monster X lost in his match but he was one of the best things in 164.

All that I'm saying is, I'd rather read a match that makes the monster I like look awesome but lose then a sloppily put together match where the monster wins but I would never read it again.

I would agree with this if I didn't feel monsters with big losing streaks didn't also get unflattering portrayals to go with it. Monster X is the obvious thing to point to as someone written as a joke in half their losses which takes a lot of the fun of the journey out of it. Gigan, Orga and Megalon are treated like fodder in almost all their appearances. Etc.

But beyond that, monsters with big losing streaks/loss records have the issues of making their fights a bit predictable. When Megaguirus is in a match I know she is set to lose which takes a lot of the fun of reading and watching to see how it plays out of it. So it takes away from a lot of the drama if you go in knowing what's gonna happen even before you click the match.

Added in 1 minute 19 seconds:
GodzillavsJason wrote:Like GodzillavsRayquazza said, I don't think anyone gives a poop if Monster X loses. I think it's more how people just write "spite" matches, because "I hate this monster and want him to lose to a very weak monster". It just comes off as predictable and really deters people from wanting to read it.

Will say, I will defend Match 50 here, by saying I think it was more or less used to demonstrate Bagan as this huge threat.
Don't half of Bagan's matches exists just to prove how much of a threat/how awesome he is, even the ones he loses? I feel that point has been long since hammered into the skull.
Last edited by godjacob on Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

@godjacob

Difference is, Match 50 was at least setting up the events in a future match, which paid off incredibly well as demonstrated in 51. Some of his other matches do exactly that, just make him a typical powerhouse and have very predictable outcomes. Not saying all of his matches do that, but I get where you're coming from.
52 wins and 27 loses

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

GodzillavsJason wrote:@godjacob

Difference is, Match 50 was at least setting up the events in a future match, which paid off incredibly well as demonstrated in 51. Some of his other matches do exactly that, just make him a typical powerhouse and have very predictable outcomes. Not saying all of his matches do that, but I get where you're coming from.
I suppose that is fair. 50 is his debut so it gets a pass (Even if it began the tend of lol Monster X and Villain Sue Bagan). I guess Bagan wouldn't annoy me so much if it were not for the fact he isn't even allowed to lose like other Kaiju.

Most of the time (Like 90+ percent) he only loses when an entire army of Kaiju fight him (Bagan vs. Everyone: Fallout), or if he is explicitly mentioned being at a shell of himself and lost most of his power (Bagan vs. Destoroyah. Bagan vs. Orochi vs. Utsuno Ikusagami). Where most other Kaiju don't get such a benefit.

And it helps paint the predictable trail of a lot of matches. Not all of them of course but too many to a (Personally) concerning rate.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I feel like the problem with Match 50 is SO many of Monster X's matches are him getting his ass kicked, trying to use him for the Worf Effect just feels hollow.

RIP Evan.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

So new match is out. The banner looks pretty nice and I like that afterimage effect. Match itself is fun but short.
Spoiler:
Mothra died again as expected, and Leo showed he was stronger than Megaguirus again. Still disappointed no Aqua Mothra yet.
Last edited by Nagoda on Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.