The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by KaijuX »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Everyone eem to have utterly, completely missed the point of retirement.

The "cap thing" is only because of who gets picked for the roster. We get cap limits because everyone is gonna beg for their favorite kaiju to be put in and if we were to add them all, the roster would be 30 Godzillas, 10 Mothras, and no one else.

Retirement happens because to be utterly blunt, no one gives a fuck about the kaiju.

Daigoro and Goliath have been in the KWC since 2010 and had less then 10 matches in all that time.

Heisei King Ghidorah GOT BROUGHT BACK retirement so everyone could write new matches for them, which everyone swore UP AND DOWN was gonna happen.

He got 4 matches. Four. And it took 74 matches between the first match after he got back and the next match with him.

Heisei Mothra does have a lot of matches, yes, but every time she's written, she's either killed off like a bitch or just written because we have to have a Mothra. No one gives a shit about her. They'd rather write Legendary or Battra or Leo, so what's the point of having her there if we're not gonna use her

On that note, we aren't putting in new kaiju because new kaiju. It's because at least THEY have had people interested in writing for them. When outside of the match request (which is basically a dumping ground of matches people have no interest writing) has anyone even MENTIONED them.

You want fucking justification for retiring? Sorry, but the truth hurts.

They're retired because they're just not worth playing with anymore.
Soggy is on point about a lot of things. And if anything, the laid back direction of allowing everyone in is not a good thing... It may *sound* like a good thing on paper, but in practice is another story. The KWCE has been a great place for me to experiment with what works and what doesn't. And while I do agree that obscure monsters can be highlighted by a platform such as this, having all of them in for the sake of all of them in makes a mess of things in the long run. It's one thing to say they have so few matches because of recent inclusion; but some, such as Goliath, Godzillasaurus, and Daigoro, hadn't had matches until we announced their retirements beforehand. Because they're underused, or popular vote dictates otherwise. And for the future, I don't think we'll be doing the system we've been doing with retirees; once we've announced them, those matches will either be processed to the KWCE or be returned for revisions. Only matches Verifiers and Editors have on-hand pre-announcement will be the only ones accepted.

There is also the technical side as well. I have a question for you all to answer for yourselves; how long does it take for KWCE cards to load when you're looking at the list? I'm sure the mileage may vary depending on internet provider, but the point is that anyone with a less-than optimal connection could have a really hard time trying to see all the images on one page at once. This situation would be far, far worse with the KWC main page if that many monsters were just added willy nilly. And in the future, we're inevitably going to be redesigning the Combatant Statistics to be more streamline and easier to manage (and something more suited for mobile platforms). I think even making a separate page for Retirees would also be of benefit; and while that isn't an issue now, it's something to be considered for the future with more additions. So the more retirees we have, the less space they'll take up in the long run.

I think out of everything Soggy has said, there is only one point I wanted to clear up, and that concerns Mothra. We're not retiring her by her loss count. As Greyshot said previously, and this is a mentality I'm adopting myself, the more matches--be it win, loss or draw--a monster gets, the more attention they're receiving. Therefore, they're being used more. All of a sudden, it puts everything into perspective in who people are willing to write for the most, even if it's a loss. But that aside, the real reason we're retiring Heisei Mothra is, at this point, she's just Mothra Leo Lite. Everything Heisei can do, Leo can do better. This is why we're bringing in Millennium Mothra as her replacement, to act as the Universal Mothra in the same way Heisei Godzilla is the Universal Godzilla. And I think, if all goes well and is approved by Arbok, I think people are *really* going to like what Millennium Mothra can bring to the table that'll differentiate her from the others. ;)
godjacob wrote:If Muto Prime vs. King Ghidorah (Legendary) doesn't happen I will consider this addition a failure XD
I think you'll be happy with another pet project I have in mind. ;) But that might take a hot second, lol.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

KaijuX wrote:[ reluctant snip due to length
Far better then an angry noodle could ever say, X. :)

Yeah, the technical side would also be a total mess.

My bad on Mothra. Knew what you meant and tried to hint at it with the stuff about Battra but didnt quote get it. Her being a continual punching bag/ after thought has been a problem for me personally though.

Really excited to see what the new stuff for Millennium is. Have a few ideas (one in particular I'll LOVE if it happens) but don't want to get my hopes up ;)

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

My bad on Mothra. Knew what you meant and tried to hint at it with the stuff about Battra but didnt quote get it. Her being a continual punching bag/ after thought has been a problem for me personally though.

Really excited to see what the new stuff for Millennium is. Have a few ideas (one in particular I'll LOVE if it happens) but don't want to get my hopes up ;)
Ah you did good too! I kinda like seeing you go into Shin mode. :lol:

Really hyped for some Millennium Mothra! Hoping that punching bag stuff doesn't spill over tho lol.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

When you say Millennium Mothra. Do you mean the one from Godzilla GMK or a hybrid one from Tokyo SOS & Final Wars?

SoggyNoodles2016

godjacob wrote:When you say Millennium Mothra. Do you mean the one from Godzilla GMK or a hybrid one from Tokyo SOS & Final Wars?
Hybrid of 2003 and 2004.

RIP Evan.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

godjacob wrote:When you say Millennium Mothra. Do you mean the one from Godzilla GMK or a hybrid one from Tokyo SOS & Final Wars?
SOS/FW
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Oh, we're not keeping that a secret? Okay.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

SoggyNoodles2016

tyrantgoji wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

Ah you did good too! I kinda like seeing you go into Shin mode. :lol:

Really hyped for some Millennium Mothra! Hoping that punching bag stuff doesn't spill over tho lol.
Thank you hahahha. Beware the Shin Sogg :twisted:

Probably not. 2003/2004 has a bit more edge in Battle then Heisei. And I personally refuse to have my favorite Mothra incarnation end up like that :evil:

Added in 25 seconds:
Birdman wrote:Oh, we're not keeping that a secret? Okay.
I thought you said that a while ago?

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Birdman wrote:Oh, we're not keeping that a secret? Okay.
I thought that was the very first thing X said about Millennium Mothra?

Besides, it was kinda obvious since they also said no more GMK monsters and there's only one other Millennium Mothra. :P

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

I guess TECHNICALLY 2004 and 2003 are separate incarnations but we've been combining them since they joined the KWCE this ain't new :P

RIP Evan.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

Yeah, even if Mothra (Heisei) was a punching bag, I doubt there are that many people that don’t like her. And besides, even in the films, Mothra in every incarnation has been a punching bag for the most part.

Mothra Leo would be like “Oh whats this? “Insert monster name” is able to kick my ass? Ok, hang on, I’ll put on my plot armor.”

Believe me, if we were to retire monsters because they’re just used as a purpose for punching bags, Orga, Baragon, Gigan, Megalon and Monster X would be considered to be retired.

And then the internet would go wild.

Added in 8 minutes 21 seconds:
But yeah, it was my idea to combine the two Millennium Mothras when I made the new card for the KWCE. Even if anyone were to argue that they’re from two separate universes, they both have the same designs, they both have similar origins to Showa Mothra, and it might make things worse if we were to replace Heisei with something thats less versatile.

Same can be said with Godzilla 1999/2000, 2002/03 & IDW. They may look different, but their designs, origins and most of their powers alone are pretty identical.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Combing them is for the best. I see no significant difference between 03 and 04 Mothra in terms of design, character and abilities to justify the need for them to be separate. Unlike say GMK Baragon and Showa Baragon. Eager to see what tricks you pull with it. Even if based on what I saw/remember of what they could do they just seem like Showa Mothra and weaker than what Heisei could do.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

godjacob wrote:Combing them is for the best. I see no significant difference between 03 and 04 Mothra in terms of design, character and abilities to justify the need for them to be separate. Unlike say GMK Baragon and Showa Baragon. Eager to see what tricks you pull with it. Even if based on what I saw/remember of what they could do they just seem like Showa Mothra and weaker than what Heisei could do.
Welll that might not be the only thing if what X is saying comes true..though i have no idea what that other thing is lol.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

soulgodzilla wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

Yeah, even if Mothra (Heisei) was a punching bag, I doubt there are that many people that don’t like her. And besides, even in the films, Mothra in every incarnation has been a punching bag for the most part.

Mothra Leo would be like “Oh whats this? “Insert monster name” is able to kick my ass? Ok, hang on, I’ll put on my plot armor.”

Believe me, if we were to retire monsters because they’re just used as a purpose for punching bags, Orga, Baragon, Gigan, Megalon and Monster X would be considered to be retired.

And then the internet would go wild.

Added in 8 minutes 21 seconds:
But yeah, it was my idea to combine the two Millennium Mothras when I made the new card for the KWCE. Even if anyone were to argue that they’re from two separate universes, they both have the same designs, they both have similar origins to Showa Mothra, and it might make things worse if we were to replace Heisei with something thats less versatile.

Same can be said with Godzilla 1999/2000, 2002/03 & IDW. They may look different, but their designs, origins and most of their powers alone are pretty identical.
Glad someone else shares my view of Leo. Closest thing I can think of to a Kaiju Mary Sue.

Though I have a question how does KCW work in his transformations? Does he just have the ability to turn into Armor, Aqua and Rainbow when he wants or some story thing lets him do it in a given match?

EDIT

And to be fair. MonsterVerse Mothra got to beat Rodan and even pinned Ghidorah's heads with web before she died. So she at least got to flex more than most versions.
Last edited by godjacob on Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

godjacob wrote:Though I have a question how does KCW work in his transformations? Does he just have the ability to turn into Armor, Aqua and Rainbow when he wants or some story thing lets him do it in a given match?
Basically, as seen in the ROM movies. ;) So a la, Armor Mothra takes a ton of time, but Rainbow and Aqua and switch between at will.
Last edited by KaijuX on Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

godjacob wrote:Combing them is for the best. I see no significant difference between 03 and 04 Mothra in terms of design, character and abilities to justify the need for them to be separate. Unlike say GMK Baragon and Showa Baragon. Eager to see what tricks you pull with it. Even if based on what I saw/remember of what they could do they just seem like Showa Mothra and weaker than what Heisei could do.
Exactly, and we could get away with having Eva Unit 01, 00, 02, 08 and maybe 03 and have them all wrap up as skins. Because they are similar despite having unique Berserk/Beast forms, right?

And I’ll say this again, we seriously need to hybridized Kamacuras so we Wouldnt have to mine deeper to look for more Kamacuras images or demand for a SH Monsterarts or an X-Plus Millennium Kamacuras. :dizzy:
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

soulgodzilla wrote:
Exactly, and we could get away with having Eva Unit 01, 00, 02, 08 and maybe 03 and have them all wrap up as skins. Because they are similar despite having unique Berserk/Beast forms, right?

And I’ll say this again, we seriously need to hybridized Kamacuras so we Wouldnt have to mine deeper to look for more Kamacuras images or demand for a SH Monsterarts or an X-Plus Millennium Kamacuras. :dizzy:
Wait don't those Eva Unites have different pilots and as such how they use them differ from each other?

SoggyNoodles2016

You know I'd SAY Showa Kamacuras is too different.....but he ain't.

@ The KWC Heads, could you pull a Backstreet Boys and tell me why we can't?

Added in 45 seconds:
godjacob wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:

Wait don't those Eva Unites have different pilots and as such how they use them differ from each other?
Yes buutttttttttt they're basically all the same powers and general use.

Minus 01 ironically. She's always been canonically "special"

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

godjacob wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:

I think? Even then i don't see 00, 02 and 03 in the trailers for 3.0+1.0. Think 01's gonna be the..well, only one. :P
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:You know I'd SAY Showa Kamacuras is too different.....but he ain't.

Cause Showa Kamacuras can't camoflague.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

tyrantgoji wrote:
godjacob wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote: Exactly, and we could get away with having Eva Unit 01, 00, 02, 08 and maybe 03 and have them all wrap up as skins. Because they are similar despite having unique Berserk/Beast forms, right?

I think? Even then i don't see 00, 02 and 03 in the trailers for 3.0+1.0. Think 01's gonna be the..well, only one. :P
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:You know I'd SAY Showa Kamacuras is too different.....but he ain't.

Cause Showa Kamacuras can't camoflague.
Wait one second, we need Asuka's Eva in! Either as its own character or a skin. Her dialogue would be golden in a fight XD