The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by UltimateDitto »

Gigantis wrote:
ShinGojira14 wrote:The comment section on the matches are really being flooded with demands for other matches, some of which wouldn't even work.

Why is that?
I mean, the guy's just really loves K.W.C's and wants to suggest ideas. Nothing too different from the Match Request thread really.

And who's to say the ideas couldn't work? ;)
Then those people can make an account on the forums and make requests here instead of spamming requests on every kwc match as opposed to giving general feedback. There's even requests on articles not even remotely related to the kwc, it's rather obnoxious.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

ShinGojira14 wrote:
Gigantis wrote:
ShinGojira14 wrote:The comment section on the matches are really being flooded with demands for other matches, some of which wouldn't even work.

Why is that?
I mean, the guy's just really loves K.W.C's and wants to suggest ideas. Nothing too different from the Match Request thread really.

One of the suggestions was Oodako vs Gezora. A few others have involved Ultraman Kaiju that aren’t part of the roster.
Maybe they don't know the rules yet, plus, that could be a KWCE Match.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

kaijufanforever wrote:
ShinGojira14 wrote:
Gigantis wrote:

One of the suggestions was Oodako vs Gezora. A few others have involved Ultraman Kaiju that aren’t part of the roster.
Maybe they don't know the rules yet, plus, that could be a KWCE Match.
Very true. Still though, I do find it kind of jarring that the matches are starting to get filled up with far more demands for matches rather than actual feedback for the match itself. Especially given that Greyshot actually talked to them once and told them what to do- only for them to just keep on going ahead.

I think they’re gonna need more of a head-up what to do.

Added in 1 day 38 minutes 17 seconds:
A new match is up! I haven't read it yet, but I'm right about to.

Not to quote Miki Seagusa or anything, but... ... ...

I have a feeling this is going to be King Ghidorah's last fight.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

New match was pretty fun, plenty of tense and brutal action.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

That was a pretty cool match!

I haven't been too much paying attention: is this Anthony James Velez' debut, or has he written matches in the past?

Added in 43 seconds:
Also, is this King Ghidorah (Heisei)'s final match, or are there more to come?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

That was fun! A nice short little ride with Legendary G and Heisei Ghido.

The banners pretty good, except for the MOTHER ship, which looks a tad fake. You can see the blurs where the original picture was.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

A fun match up, and a nice banner. Also, Godzilla is really taking up that Heisei Thickness to match up to Heisei King Ghidorah in the banner.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Okay, who the skreeonk is this Ian Cassidy character?

What is it with his obsession with "Godzilla is a prehistoric amphibious reptile, not a dinosaur"? It hasn't even been an hour and already a comment that has very little if anything to do with the match itself has sprung up.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Let's see how long it takes for that other person to dump their match requests in the comments and not bother to give thoughts or opinions on the match.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

ShinGojira14 wrote:Okay, who the skreeonk is this Ian Cassidy character?

What is it with his obsession with "Godzilla is a prehistoric amphibious reptile, not a dinosaur"? It hasn't even been an hour and already a comment that has very little if anything to do with the match itself has sprung up.
Someone apparently outraged that anyone would dare to not be exact on the classification of a gigantic fictional nuclear creature.

Added in 4 minutes 49 seconds:
ShinGojira14 wrote: I haven't been too much paying attention: is this Anthony James Velez' debut, or has he written matches in the past?
He also wrote Monster X vs MUTOs. I believe he’s HillyHulk
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:

Someone apparently outraged that anyone would dare to not be exact on the classification of a gigantic fictional nuclear creature.

ShinGojira14 wrote: I haven't been too much paying attention: is this Anthony James Velez' debut, or has he written matches in the past?
That would be correct, also Monster X vs MUTOS was my debut Shin.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

HillyHulk wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:

Ah, okay. Great match, man! I can't wait to read what other matches you've written in the future!

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

New match is out, and it looks like a good one
Spoiler:
I knew Godzilla would win against King Ghidorah, but there wont be any complaining from that
Overall, the banner is great, match is great and fun and overall, a success
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

ShinGojira14 wrote:
HillyHulk wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Someone apparently outraged that anyone would dare to not be exact on the classification of a gigantic fictional nuclear creature.

Ah, okay. Great match, man! I can't wait to read what other matches you've written in the future!
(Blushes) Aww, thank you and I'll be doing my best in the future.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

I don't think I spoke about the previous match so let me fix that while I'm here: :P

Both matches have some great banners by Landon. I think I'll give an edge to 308 with the dynamic poses of Gomora and Krystalak.

For the matches themselves, they were okay. Good set up and interesting dialogue, but each needed alot of editing to bring up the quality to the level you see on the sight. 308 was pretty old, I think before 2016, and 309 is from a newer writer so there are reasons, but I hope to see the quality of your future matches at a higher threshold. I'm sure many readers are looking forward to it :huge:
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

cmastashizzlerizzle
Ronin

Post by cmastashizzlerizzle »

I'm still amazed how there haven't been more legendary ghidorah matches I'm really excited to see how he'll get used in matchups and he's my favorite ghidorah incarnation

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

cmastashizzlerizzle wrote:I'm still amazed how there haven't been more legendary ghidorah matches I'm really excited to see how he'll get used in matchups and he's my favorite ghidorah incarnation
Well, they come as they come. ;) We have a bunch of matches, so there's no guarantee of who's next in the line up. Give it time, he'll be back. ;)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

cmastashizzlerizzle
Ronin

Post by cmastashizzlerizzle »

KaijuX wrote:
cmastashizzlerizzle wrote:I'm still amazed how there haven't been more legendary ghidorah matches I'm really excited to see how he'll get used in matchups and he's my favorite ghidorah incarnation
Well, they come as they come. ;) We have a bunch of matches, so there's no guarantee of who's next in the line up. Give it time, he'll be back. ;)
I still consider heisei ghidorah's ideal retirement to be fighting his legendary counterpart it's like the old pro wrestling sentiment if you're going out you go out on your back putting over the new star

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

cmastashizzlerizzle wrote:
KaijuX wrote:
I still consider heisei ghidorah's ideal retirement to be fighting his legendary counterpart it's like the old pro wrestling sentiment if you're going out you go out on your back putting over the new star
Or alternatively, if you're gonna go out right, go out at the hands of your greatest weakness: yourself.

In the end, the one to take out King Ghidorah...was KING GHIDORAH! :huge:
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

And now... MUTO PRIME IS HERE!
https://www.tohokingdom.com/blog/k-w-c- ... uto-prime/

Stellar debut from Birdman! Knows how to make a great throwdown! ;) Loved making the banner for this one!
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells