The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:45 pm An instant KWC great and I hope, a hint there's more to be done with a God Incarnate then a Hopeless Future ;)
I can't say anything cause Singular Point spoilers but uh... i think this hint means nothing now

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

KaijuX wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:21 am
Spoiler:
Shin Godzilla turning MV Godzilla's Burning energy against him was friggin' jaw-dropping! Absolutely adored that moment! Also, the ending with the wandering 5th form was very chilling and effective!
Spoiler:
That photographer surely didn't expect to see a wild Shin KaijuX on his travels. ;)
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:45 am
Spoiler:
Shin being completely unaffected by Burning did feel like a bit much to me, but maybe that’s just me. Didn’t detract from the match, and what followed was still an amazing conclusion to the fight.

Also, Legendary Godzilla losing, digs at Trump, and an LGBT main character? Man, this Facebook comment section’s gonna be something alright.
Spoiler:
Given how hotly of a topic this is to this very day, I will not hide that I am a little worried at how the Facebook section will go... ... ...*begins sweating profusely*

Everything else aside, I'm glad everyone is enjoying this match so far. It was both a lot of fun writing this match and at the same time a suspenseful process due to knowing what kind of standards this match needed to live up to. I will admit that there are some sentences here and there that are a little iffy, and some dialogue shifts that nowadays I know I could've done better, but such is the past. The banner looks badass; Landon outdid himself there. And the helicopter pilots in the background better get a raise in their paygrade, because apparently they've been getting in Shin Godzilla's face for years at this point.:lol:
Spoiler:
A bit of trivia: when it came to coming up with the full names for the characters, I had to go look at the end credits of Godzilla (PS4) and look at the last names of the Japanese voice actors before deciding to apply them to the game characters that I was using for this match.

Furthermore, three names in particular are references to characters/actors in past Godzilla films. Yasuko (the G-Force Operator and the match's main protagonist) is a reference to actress Yasuko Sawaguchi, who played Naoko Okumura in The Return of Godzilla and Erika Shiragami in Godzilla vs Biollante. Chinatsu is named after Chinatsu Gondo from Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla. Their daughter Yukari is named after Yukari Yamane from Godzilla vs Destoroyah.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:45 pm So we're getting Legendary Mechagodzilla, a Showa monster, and an Ultra one next, yeah?
The Legendary match was this one.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

A long, but attention grabbing match, and a neat looking banner.
Spoiler:
Love the use of the Operator from the PS4 Game as well as making her an LGBTQ+ character. The jabs at trump were really satisfying and nice to read, as well as the constant absorption of Radiation the two did. against the other. I also enjoyed Howe each monster had character. Shin, despite being portrayed at first like a generic Godzilla seeking out nuclear energy, wants coexistence at first and constantly tries to tell the other Godzilla to stand down, to let both exist and allies. But then comes Legendary with his “Balance must be Brought” mentality and conflict arises. The human characters get their moments as well, doing more than just existing by actually having things they need to worry about, families to search for after the battle and the looming threat of a nuclear bomb. Also, what happened to the other two Super Xs? Did we just skip right to 3?
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

It's a shame that the digs at Trump are gonna date this, because the actual match is amazing. Right up there with 313 and 273.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Nagoda wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:32 pm A long, but attention grabbing match, and a neat looking banner.
Spoiler:
Also, what happened to the other two Super Xs? Did we just skip right to 3?
Ah, I'll explain that bit. ;)
Spoiler:
So, originally, when I was brainstorming this match and hadn't started writing yet, LegendaryGoji was going to go Burning because the nuke was gonna actually reach Tokyo and detonate in-between their beam fight. However, I scrapped that right away because I realized that it would be kind of a disservice to the whole message of Shin Godzilla as a film and make the entire battle to stop a nuke detonating pointless. So, I decided that instead of just focusing on the dueling Godzillas, I made this match a half-plot, half-character driven match. Thus, when I began writing, I decided to add the human characters from Godzilla (PS4) and use the Super X-III as the solution to the H-Bomb; and instead of the H-Bomb being used as a mcguffin for Legendary to go Burning I instead found use of it as a chilling, ever-looming presence of terror and thus a source of conflict for the human side of the story. And when I did this, I didn't even consider where the other Super X's were. I'll admit that I kinda skipped over them by accident, something I'll do well to be more aware of in the future. :lol: Let's just say they're in there in the hangars somewhere, we just didn't see them; Prime Minister Takasu merely picked the Super X-III because it was the best plane for the situation they found themselves in.
Added in 3 minutes 8 seconds:
CommanderPhoenix wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:41 pm It's a shame that the digs at Trump are gonna date this, because the actual match is amazing. Right up there with 313 and 273.
Yeah, this match was written in 2020, so those little jabs will feel a bit outdated. :lol:

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:14 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:45 pm An instant KWC great and I hope, a hint there's more to be done with a God Incarnate then a Hopeless Future ;)
I can't say anything cause Singular Point spoilers but uh... i think this hint means nothing now

Seen the show, love Ultima, still stand by no need to replace Shin with him.

Added in 31 seconds:
MoarCrossovers wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:28 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:45 pm So we're getting Legendary Mechagodzilla, a Showa monster, and an Ultra one next, yeah?
The Legendary match was this one.
Ah, misunderstand what the hint meant. Thought it was upcoming kaiju, not next 3 matches. Nevermind.

RIP Evan.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Maybe we can take a lesson this match and follow what Shin has preached. Maybe the world is big enough for both Shin and Ultima, and maybe they can both coexist....

This is an instant classic match, work of art, what I could say has already been said.
Last edited by Moth on Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

cmastashizzlerizzle
Ronin

Post by cmastashizzlerizzle »

Spoiler:
I'm not a big fan of shin godzilla at all so that would ultimately color any opinion i would have on the match but that's not really fair to it that's just bias

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

In the middle of reading the new match and I'm not understanding something.
Spoiler:
How is Shin not shutting down? With the intense heat coming out of the Burning state and Shin's major weakness being overheating, I'm pretty sure Burning Godzilla should be too much to feed off of.
Added in 1 minute 10 seconds:
Answer was a sentence ahead... nevermind.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Spoiler:
An excellent match overall. I enjoyed the portrayals of both Godzillas, as well as the queerness being applied to Yasuko and the political digs. The way the fight seemed to go back and forth in terms of either kaiju having the advantage, I genuinely wasn't sure who would win, so I appreciate that. Here's hoping Shin manages to find a friend in Anguirus.

Also gave my thoughts for the survey.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Wait there's a survey i should know about?

EDIT: Nevermind i found it.. dear god those colors hurt my eyes. :lol:

For the record, while i'm fine with some kaiju coming out of retirement and returning, i think most of them should stay that way (what's the point of Heisei Mothra, Ghidorah and Godzillasaurus?) and i feel like lesser forms need to stay out in general.
Last edited by Gigantis on Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Spoiler:
This match was a only a matter of time, huh?
This was an exciting and creative match.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

>that "plus ultra" line in the survey
Spoiler:
Are they REALLY adding Mt. Lady?.... Or did another (most likely fake) leak mention something about Toho distributing a film that had Belial?

or this just means a teaser for a future match lol
Last edited by Moth on Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Moth wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:18 pm >that "plus ultra" line in the survey
Spoiler:
Are they REALLY adding Mt. Lady?.... Or did another (most likely fake) leak mention something about Toho distributing a film that had Belial?
It was a joke that the fight after the next fight is gonna be Ultraman related.
Last edited by Gigantis on Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Yeah ssshhh I reflected that through an edit.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Moth wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:20 pm Maybe we can take a lesson this match and follow what Shin has preached. Maybe the world is big enough for both Shin and Ultima, and maybe they can both coexist....

This is an instant classic match, work of art, what I could say has already been said.
He's not only proof that coexistence is possible... ... ...he is...the key to it.

GodzillaFan8889
GPN Volunteer

Post by GodzillaFan8889 »

Spoiler:
A match centered around one of the most debated Godzilla matchups ever, along with LGBTQ+ mentions, a helping heap of political satire, and jabs at the orange man? This might be the most controversial KWC match to date :shock:

Jokes aside, this was such a great match for such a matchup. Characterization with both Shin and Legendary were done exceptionally well, as were the characterizations of the human characters. The LGBTQ+ representation was a cool addition too. The action was well-written and exciting, and the twist at the end with Shin having absorbed Legendary's power was one of the best "oh poop!" moments in a KWC. My only minor nitpick is that like GvR said, I think Shin tanking all of Burning Godzilla's pulses, one point-blank no less and leaving unscathed was a bit much. IMO it would've been slightly improved if it had Shin being heavily injured, only to stitch himself back together quickly in front of Legendary's bewildered eyes right before he unleashes hell on him. Once again it's just a minor issue though.
As someone who's writing their own version of Shin vs Legendary, I don't think I'm gonna ever be able to topple this gem of a match.... but we'll see if I can live up to the matchup itself!
Last edited by GodzillaFan8889 on Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillaFan8889 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:06 pm As someone who's writing their own version of Shin vs Legendary, I don't think I'm gonna ever be able to topple this gem of a match.... but we'll see if I can live up to the matchup itself!
I believe in you!

Added in 2 minutes 35 seconds:
Side note: the Facebook comment section hasn’t exploded yet. Maybe this might not get as crazy as I initially feared… … …

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

IT IS FINALLY HERE! Waited for this for so long now.
Spoiler:
I don't even care MV Goji lost, this was a splendid clash and excellent into each Kaiju's character. Well worth the wait.