The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Kiryu2012
Keizer

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Spoiler:
Pretty neat to see MUTO Prime join the roster. I remember first reading this back on DA, and it's a fun battle.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Super good match, an excellent debut for Muto Prime. And great usage of Bagorah as well, the fight was really well done and tense.
Spoiler:
The two having a beam struggle with shouts was awesome, and so was Muto Prime just pummeling Bagorah into paste after realizing he had no radiation.
And, a wonderful banner. Love the effects of the shouts and the screen crack.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Nice to see another of Moar's matches making it up to the site!
Spoiler:
I had read this one on DA just last year, and it's a wonderful read. I love the predatore-prey dynamic this match has going for it in it's favor and it really showcases the full on brutality that the kaiju world can get sometimes.

Also, feel bad for whoever was holding the camera in the banner. Not only is he certainly deaf, but now he's gotta pay for a new recorder. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Well, DAMN son! I didn't expect a match to be released a day early- and even more so for it to be a debut for MUTO Prime! What a great way for her to enter the K.W.C. roster! The match is well written, the banner is skreeonking amazing, and the fight is SUPER tense. There were more than a few moments where I thought my expectations of MUTO Prime winning were going to be subverted.

If I do have one very minor complaint, it's that there are some little tid bits that I feel might come off as a little offensive. Not the fact that the fight takes place in Nagasaki... ... ...so much as the line of dialogue of "all abandoning respect for their fellow man."

I don't know, I just feel a very strong perspective on subjects such as that.

Other than that, though, this match was great, and I can't wait to see more of Connor Clennell's matches. He/she (I don't want to be sexist here) writes his/her matches in a very immersable way.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

ShinGojira14 wrote: Other than that, though, this match was great, and I can't wait to see more of Connor Clennell's matches. He/she (I don't want to be sexist here) writes his/her matches in a very immersable way.
Connor is a man, he is also known as MoarCrossovers on these here forums.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
ShinGojira14 wrote: Other than that, though, this match was great, and I can't wait to see more of Connor Clennell's matches. He/she (I don't want to be sexist here) writes his/her matches in a very immersable way.
Connor is a man, he is also known as MoarCrossovers on these here forums.
A birdman. ;)
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

GodzillavsJason wrote: A birdman. ;)
Eyyy!
ShinGojira14 wrote: If I do have one very minor complaint, it's that there are some little tid bits that I feel might come off as a little offensive. Not the fact that the fight takes place in Nagasaki... ... ...so much as the line of dialogue of "all abandoning respect for their fellow man."

I can understand that. I don’t think it’s a new thing in the KWC, like 90% sure match 14 had something like that too, but I get where you’re coming from.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsJason wrote: A birdman. ;)
Eyyy!
ShinGojira14 wrote: If I do have one very minor complaint, it's that there are some little tid bits that I feel might come off as a little offensive. Not the fact that the fight takes place in Nagasaki... ... ...so much as the line of dialogue of "all abandoning respect for their fellow man."

I can understand that. I don’t think it’s a new thing in the KWC, like 90% sure match 14 had something like that too, but I get where you’re coming from.
In the meantime, though, one question that we normally wouldn't be asking still remains... ... ...

Is somebody going to fill the comment section with demands for more matches again?

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

This was a pretty fun match with a neat banner
Spoiler:
depicting the sounds clashing against one another (which was the coolest part with the lack of understanding about sound screwing them both over, well thought-out that moment)

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

New match is out, and welcome to the KWC, Muto Prime
Spoiler:
Muto Prime even got a win. Bagorah tried though
Overall, the match is fun and the banner is very great. I like the fact that there is a crack on that banner and both Bagorah and Muto Prime using their roars against each other.
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I think someone’s gonna need to give this Maria Neusa Long person a talk about how to get into the forums and go to the match requests thread.

I’m pretty sure she means well- she probably loves Kaiju as much as all of us- but the fact that the comments section is constantly being filled with her demands for matches rather than actual feedback on the matches themselves is getting rather tedious.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

ShinGojira14 wrote:I think someone’s gonna need to give this Maria Neusa Long person a talk about how to get into the forums and go to the match requests thread.

I’m pretty sure she means well- she probably loves Kaiju as much as all of us- but the fact that the comments section is constantly being filled with her demands for matches rather than actual feedback on the matches themselves is getting rather tedious.
There is no way in hell they’re old enough to be allowed on the forums.
KWCE Administrator

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

ShinGojira14 wrote:I think someone’s gonna need to give this Maria Neusa Long person a talk about how to get into the forums and go to the match requests thread.

There is no way in hell they’re old enough to be allowed on the forums.
Yeah, that is 100% a kid using their parent's account to comment on the matches. I've seen enough YouTube comments like this to tell.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Question: where did the model for MUTO Prime come from? Is it a 3-D model or did someone customize it themselves?

Either way it looks awesome (and I'm also a fan of the fact that MUTO Prime has an actual MUTO-face and not her weird old man face from the comics).

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

ShinGojira14 wrote:Question: where did the model for MUTO Prime come from? Is it a 3-D model or did someone customize it themselves?

Either way it looks awesome (and I'm also a fan of the fact that MUTO Prime has an actual MUTO-face and not her weird old man face from the comics).
KaijuX actually has a custom figure which he acquired for the K.W.C. and to liven up his collection. Please stare at it in awe and envy :P
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

As Greyshot said, I did buy the custom figure. While the image used for 310 is from Kaijufanart David's gallery, I do have the figure! One of the longer arms snapped during shipping, but has since been glued back together (they're the most fragile parts, so I have to be careful).

For the Winner image, it's a heavily modified version of a MUTO concept art, recoloring, then applying some of Prime's arm-armor ripped from the comic (and adjusted to look less comic-book-ey). Sadly, there is no "full body" version of the winner image, just what you see.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

KaijuX wrote:As Greyshot said, I did buy the custom figure. While the image used for 310 is from Kaijufanart David's gallery, I do have the figure! One of the longer arms snapped during shipping, but has since been glued back together (they're the most fragile parts, so I have to be careful).

For the Winner image, it's a heavily modified version of a MUTO concept art, recoloring, then applying some of Prime's arm-armor ripped from the comic (and adjusted to look less comic-book-ey). Sadly, there is no "full body" version of the winner image, just what you see.
Well, that guy deserves a medal because he made one helluva figure!

Side note: I assume the stats for MUTO Prime are currently being edited and updated onto the combat statistics?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

^ We're working on it. I didn't realize that my bro didn't have updates recently and that they've all been going to Anthony. So I sent them to Greyshot, who in turn will send it to Anthony. Will be fixed sooner than later, hopefully!
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I see MUTO Prime's stats have been officially added to the combat statistics thread!

I was wondering whether "Dragon Beetle", "Earthquake Beetle", or "Unclean Thing" would be used for the subtitle. Glad Earthquake Beetle was chosen!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.