SDF/Aliens/Misc. for the KWC?

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

SDF/Aliens/Misc. for the KWC?

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

This is just an odd idea, nothing official from the staff, just me wondering what people think because I thought it was a fun idea to discuss and imagine.

So, this is the Kaiju War Chronicles, emphasis on the Kaiju. However, the Godzilla franchise and Toho movies in general have come up with many interesting anti-Kaiju weaponry and other kinds of awesome vessels fully capable of combat, like the Gotengo, the Gohten, the Super Xs, etc etc… However, these fall under the classification of SDF/Aliens/Misc. according to TK’s classification, along with things like Gunhed and Aerobot. Which means they are ineligible for the KWC.

So I guess here’s the questions. Would a match that is just something like Godzilla (Showa) vs Gotengo (Showa) be something you would read? And, which of these sorts of non-kaiju combatants, if any, would you add if you could?

As for my answers, yeah, I’d read and I’d happily write a match that’s just a kaiju vs a vessel/anti-kaiju weapon, provided its a unique and interesting one, I don’t want to read or write “Godzilla (Heisei) vs Maser Cannons”, but something like King Ghidorah (Legendary) vs Gohten? That sounds fire. And that leads into my answer to the second question, which would be just the highly unique ones. The two Gotengos, Gohten, the Super Xs, Gunhed, and Aerobot are the only ones I can think of at the moment that fit the bill.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: SDF/Aliens/Misc. for the KWC?

Post by ShinGojira14 »

That’d be interesting!
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:30 pmAnd, which of these sorts of non-kaiju combatants, if any, would you add if you could?
I think the Gotengos/Goten, the Super X's, and the Millennium UFO are really the only ones that would work. Everything else is pretty much just tiny cannon fodder. I mean, I guess there are also the other warships from Godzilla: Final Wars, but who really cares about them? :P
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

I think it would be neat. I'd like to see the Gotengo in matches at the very least.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Most of the stuff we have in terms of SDF kinda fall into the Assist category, like the Garuda and Millennian UFO, but if I had to choose...

Gotengo - Take a Hybrid approach akin to Gigan. Since the OG Showa and the 1st Generation Millennium are practically identical, I see no harm in merging these two together, with the 2nd Gen Mill. being an upgrade (though probably with a lot less weapons, unless we include the GU powers, which even then isn't much).
Gunhed - As much as I hate the movie, the actual unit has a surprising amount of potential the movie just simply fails to fully capture. It's the gem buried in crap, if you will. Plus, the dude can run on beer!
Aerobot - Just a simple "rival" for Gunhed, though it's been a while since I've seen the movie...
Super-X - I'd feel reluctant about having the Super-Xs as 3 individual things, even if that makes logical sense. I'd rather MUTO it and have them be 3-in-1, with all 3 being able to appear at once if called for.
Goten - I remember not being too big of a fan of this one, but after seeing the movie, consider me onboard for this one. Goten is awesome!
Daimakan - The warship of the Yomi and just a stellar alien weapon. This thing is equally as badass, and really appeases my personal aesthetic.

Any of the others like the GFW warships probably wouldn't cut it, too simple for their own good. The best runner up I can think of is the Griffon from Megaguirus, with Dimension Tide Assist... Even that's a huge :shrug:.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Ehh, maybe. They'd be awesome to write for, but i was a le to do a ton with them even when they're not in the roster itself.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I am fully down for this.

Was legit thinking they would be a great way to expand the roster. Plus extra story potential. I can write a match about a kaiju without fully focusing on a enemy to justify it being a KWC by having it fight some SDF forces or aliens.

Added in 53 seconds:
Also, yes to X's additions but also Alpha and Beta from Mysterians, some kind of Latitude Zero rep, and the Polar Borer.

RIP Evan.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I am all for SDF/Aliens/Misc for the KWC. On the mech side of things, we got the Gotengo which has good history of killing monsters, the Goten that blew up Venus, Daimaken the literal space battleship, and the Super Xs which were able to battle with Godzilla. The Alien UFOs could be useful but I don’t see them as actual combatants capable of fighting unless it’s their larger ones. The Final Wars Airships might be interesting to use if only they were shown to be more useful before being completely decimated. Not really much aliens we can use as combatants unless we go into the TV side of things.

One thing we could probably do would be either a slot for something like Alien/SDF to encompass all the warships and other such technology we can use to do stuff without a second monster’s intervention. The only problem would be if we do that and then have to ensure we include the Alien/SDF all encompassing Combatant slot when we use those machines now.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.