Things That NEED To Happen In The KWC

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: Things That NEED To Happen In The KWC

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:A match that points out the fact that Kumasogami being in Hell makes no skreeonking sense.

Seriously, am I the only one who gets confused as hell (ha) when that happens? He's a Japanese monster god, not a demon, why do people keep doing that?

I understand from a story point of view, if you set it in Hell, but not namedropping Hell in random matches with him.
Its the K.W.C. anyone can do their own worldbuilding and stories with it. One way of looking at it could be that Kumasogami is what lead to the inspiration of Satan so there's that. ;)

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:A match that points out the fact that Kumasogami being in Hell makes no skreeonking sense.

Seriously, am I the only one who gets confused as hell (ha) when that happens? He's a Japanese monster god, not a demon, why do people keep doing that?

I understand from a story point of view, if you set it in Hell, but not namedropping Hell in random matches with him.
Its the K.W.C. anyone can do their own worldbuilding and stories with it. One way of looking at it could be that Kumasogami is what lead to the inspiration of Satan so there's that. ;)
Yeah, but it makes no sense from the perspective of the myths of Japan Kumasogami is supposed to come from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yomi

That's what "Japanese Hell" is like. Does that sound like the fire and brimstone people put him in?

It's honestly not a big deal but it just frustrates me. Pulls me straight out of every Kumasogami match.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Yeah, but it makes no sense from the perspective of the myths of Japan Kumasogami is supposed to come from.

That's what "Japanese Hell" is like. Does that sound like the fire and brimstone people put him in?

It's honestly not a big deal but it just frustrates me.
Huh I was certain he was an original creation by Toho granted based on obvious beings in its mythology alongside Kaishin Muba...
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

You know what?

I think I realized why it frustrates me?

Because it's the wrong orgin.

Kumasogami is a minor god worshipped by bandits and given sacrifcies to in the film Yamato Takeru. There is nothing in the film about him being a demon, yokai, or anything.

Again, more interpretations are fine, but when it seems to be the only interpretation, it kinda of gets annoying.

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Kumasogami is a minor god worshipped by bandits and given sacrifcies to in the film Yamato Takeru. There is nothing in the film about him being a demon, yokai, or anything.
Soooo what is he then if he's not a demon or yokai?

There is also such a thing as a demonic god you know which I think he easily fits the bill as.

Either way as said before its the K.W.C. and considering his qualities anyone can almost do what they want in their matches with monsters.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Yeah, but it makes no sense from the perspective of the myths of Japan Kumasogami is supposed to come from.

It's honestly not a big deal but it just frustrates me.
Huh I was certain he was an original creation by Toho granted based on obvious beings in its mythology alongside Kaishin Muba...
He is an orginal creation, though as far as my (limited) internt research can tell, there's no real analogue in myths to him.

I apologize if I've been heated. This has frustrated me since I first checked out the KWC. But, he's an orginal creation and people can go nuts with him. Guess will have to see if someone will write the Kumasogami I think of? ;)

Added in 1 minute 32 seconds:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Kumasogami is a minor god worshipped by bandits and given sacrifcies to in the film Yamato Takeru. There is nothing in the film about him being a demon, yokai, or anything.
Soooo what is he then if he's not a demon or yokai?

There is also such a thing as a demonic god you know which I think he easily fits the bill as.
He's a minor god with lava-y powers who the warlord worshippes for power.

A demon is an evil being.

Demonic god works, but he's not a devil.

RIP Evan.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Kumasogami would make for a good Titan in a MonsterVerse match…

Actually, that’s something I’d like to see, a MonsterVerse based match featuring the most Titan-like of KWC combatants, like Kumosagami, Megalon, and Manda
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

A lot of the early KWC's depicted him as a creature of Hell, even though that's not the kind of creature he is at all. However, it's become something of a KWC staple at this point. I would be all down for Kumasogami being portrayed as Japanese mythology presents; being true and proper to the original material.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:How about just an all out war between human armies? Mechs vs. mechs, masers vs. masers.
Mothra can descend from the heavens at the end and stop the fighting :lol:
I can imagine it now. Mysterian Moguera vs Earth Moguera, Kaiser Ghidorah vs Mecha-King Ghidorah, a Mechagodzilla battle royale, the list goes on.

(Yeah I know that post is old but it would be awesome.)
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

KaijuX wrote:A lot of the early KWC's depicted him as a creature of Hell, even though that's not the kind of creature he is at all. However, it's become something of a KWC staple at this point.
Just like how Goliath losing his horn then dying is a KWC staple? ;)
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

GodzillavsZilla wrote:Just like how Goliath losing his horn then dying is a KWC staple? ;)
More like KWC cliche. ;)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

KaijuX wrote:
GodzillavsZilla wrote:Just like how Goliath losing his horn then dying is a KWC staple? ;)
More like KWC cliche. ;)
Sounds delicious.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

A match where Frankenstein finally finds a place he can call home on Monster Island alongside the other inhabitants.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:A match where Frankenstein finally finds a place he can call home on Monster Island alongside the other inhabitants.
Your in luck. ;)
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

UltimateDitto wrote:Your in luck. ;)
Cool! Can't wait! :D

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

KaijuX wrote:
More like KWC cliche. ;)
How about a match where Gorath rips off his own horn and uses it as a Rapier/Sword/club and beats the enemy into submission with it?

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

SoggyNoodles2016

A match with Shin, Legendary, and Heisei, where this is refrenced.

RIP Evan.

Saltmons
Samurai

Post by Saltmons »

How about a match where Goliath loses his horn and then wins anyway
I'm a toku fan first and a kaiju fan second.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Saltmons wrote:How about a match where Goliath loses his horn and then wins anyway
Now thats an idea that I can do. ;)
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Grand King Ghidorah takes control of Shin Hayata and makes him transform into Ultraman, but because Hayata and Ultraman are two different entities, he is not affected and take GKG by surprise.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.