K.W.C. Match Trivia

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: K.W.C. Match Trivia

Post by Gigantis »

I know the match isn't complete but..dang, GVR just wrote something down on Orochi vs. Team Guardians and it got me hard. Ain't telling what it is tho, wait. ;)

Also, i was close to adding a Trilopod Ultraseven in Armored Titan and Rodan (Legendary) vs. Trilopods, but i changed it to a Trilopod Zone Fighter at the last minute.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

tyrantgoji wrote:I know the match isn't complete but..dang, GVR just wrote something down on Orochi vs. Team Guardians and it got me hard.
Phrasing.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:I know the match isn't complete but..dang, GVR just wrote something down on Orochi vs. Team Guardians and it got me hard.
Phrasing.
...You just had to come in and make me laugh didn't you? :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

I little bit of trivia for Obsidius vs Jikiro vs Kumasogami

Obsidius vs Kumasogami is the FIRST match I have ever wrote (on loose-leaf) but it is very short (literally 1 full loose-leaf long), and it was messy. I remade it years later, and it was a huge improvement.

The types out version has some changes like adding more hazards and a sub-plot, which both rough drafts don't have.

Things have gone a long way ever since.
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

CommanderBowser wrote:I little bit of trivia for Obsidius vs Jikiro vs Kumasogami

Obsidius vs Kumasogami is the FIRST match I have ever wrote (on loose-leaf) but it is very short (literally 1 full loose-leaf long), and it was messy. I remade it years later, and it was a huge improvement.

The types out version has some changes like adding more hazards and a sub-plot, which both rough drafts don't have.

Things have gone a long way ever since.
Good thing you threw Jikiro i there because I already did Obsidius vs. Kumasogami. :P

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Decided i'm gonna share some trivia on a match i'm still really proud of: Zilla vs. Godzilla (Heisei)!

Now when i decided to dib the match, i had done only one other match, Mechagodzilla (Showa) vs. Krystalak. Honestly i was annoyed at the fact somehow nobody had done the match yet so i decided to take it on myself!

The matches original title actually had the monsters name reversed, so it would just be Godzilla (Heisei) vs. Zilla. However Ditto has a banner on his DeviantART account which he titled "Zilla vs. Godzilla Heisei" and when i told the idea to X i ended up typing out that title instead for some reason. I thought it had a nice ring to it so it just..stuck. :P

I set the match in Atlantis because i was inspired by watching videos of Godzilla: Double Smash. Y'know, where the Atlantis level has the giant Godzilla Earth sized Manda? :lol:

EDIT: Whoops! Wrong thread!
Last edited by Gigantis on Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Deleted.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Thanks to recent cuts, another match in my invasion series has been cut
Spoiler:
Spylar and Wargilgar vs Rodan (Heisei) would have been typed out much later, and it would different from the first draft, including the addition of a second Rodan, but Spylar and Wargilgar, due to recent events, wont be getting any matches written about them anytime soon, forcing me to remove that match from the invasion series.
Spoiler:
As for Godzilla vs Vagnosaurus and Jyarumu (which was already cut), it would be a sequel to Titanosaurus vs Dagahra, but the chance of that happening in none. However, the ending of that match, where Mothra wakes Battra up was put in Titanosaurus vs Dagahra instead. FWI, that ending is not followed by a match with Mothra or Battra in it, but they will appear much later on. Also I briefly considered having Titanosaurus and Dagahra fight near an oil rig, but I decided not to include it
Last edited by CommanderBowser on Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

For Match 281, Anguirus 2001's inclusion had a lot of factors that contributed to the creation of that match. I figured I'd get the "Monster fights his doppelganger" concept out of the way first, but after much thinking about the set up, I decided to make it a continuation of Match 88. Not only that, Angira's ice traits (a rare kaiju type, even outside of Godzilla) and GMK connections really helped me push for his inclusion--and his substantial differences and plentiful, reliable information made the process easier for his addition.

I was half-tempted to ask for this to be a Christmas match, but after the cluster-inclusion of the Legenary trio and Shin Godzilla, it was seen in best interest to save additions for 2020.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:For Match 281, Anguirus 2001's inclusion had a lot of factors that contributed to the creation of that match. I figured I'd get the "Monster fights his doppelganger" concept out of the way first, but after much thinking about the set up, I decided to make it a continuation of Match 88. Not only that, Angira's ice traits (a rare kaiju type, even outside of Godzilla) and GMK connections really helped me push for his inclusion--and his substantial differences and plentiful, reliable information made the process easier for his addition.

I was half-tempted to ask for this to be a Christmas match, but after the cluster-inclusion of the Legenary trio and Shin Godzilla, it was seen in best interest to save additions for 2020.
Aw, that could have been a great Christmas match and a perfect way to wrap up 2019. But hey, Match 280 was at least an interesting experiment on rhyming, while this match is a great start for this new decade.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So fun fact, Armored Titan and Rodan (Legendary) vs. Trilopod almost never happened. And you can blame Nagoda for it (don't really it was just a big coincidence)

After a while of thinking of what the titular Trilopods enemies where going to be ( Cyber-Godzilla played the part in the earliest draft and tons of other kaiju where being constantly switched out) i decided to have them go up against one of the Titans, and i landed on Armored because i thought he'd be the most fun to play with. Later on when i decided to base the match off of Match 185 and have him go up against an entire Trilopod hoard i decided to give him a partner. I didn't write with any of the Legendary kaiju of the time so i picked Rodan. I had everything planned out and i was ready to start a rough draft..

And then Nagoda came in and said he also was writing an Armored Titan vs. Trilopod match.

I was actually kinda devastated at the thought of my match coming off as an unintentional copy and really tried to find any way around it. First i wanted to replace Armored with Rogue Titan, and then after i thought that wasn't enough i almost scrapped the match entirely. It was a retired combatant that helped me realize i could still do it.

I rememberd how King Kong vs. Varan vs. Godzillasaurus and Godzillasaurus vs. Varan were only three matches a part, yet were able to stand as their own thing and not come off as a clone. Nagoda's match only has one Trilopod, i had many, the locations weren't even remotely the same, etc. and after realizing that, i decided to go ahead with it! Nagoda doesn't mind, he even did the banner for the match.

There's more tidbits for the match i can share (mostly about the Trilopod types i scrapped and other bits) but i'll save it for when the match is released. ;)
Last edited by Gigantis on Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Hear is a bit of info for my upcoming match.

In my original draft of Godzilla, Gigan, Mothra, Anguirus and Baragon vs MechaGodzilla and Kumonga, Mothra was meant to be in her Heisei incarnation, but with her retiring soon, I replaced her with the Monsterverse incarnation. Also my rough draft was written before Anguirus was given new abilities, so my typed out version will have some differences.

That is all for now

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

^ I've been meaning to bring it up for a while... But this is for already existing KWCs, not upcoming ones. Kept slipping my mind, but now I remembered to do so.

Added in 6 months 14 days 4 hours 41 minutes 39 seconds:
Ought to bring this back from the dead. ;)

So Match 311 is, at its core, a spiritual sequel AND a full-blown remake of one of my older matches (banner included!). I had always intended to revisit it and update it to meet "modern" KWC criteria.

I also started it back in 2017.

What took so long? Well, work, KWC obligations, and other projects that put this on the back burner. I had implored Greyshot's help on this one (being a person who genuinely enjoys the older version), but once again we found ourselves unable to work on it for assortments of reasons. When the time drew close for Heisei Ghidorah's retirement (after Legendary's debut), I sorta let Greyshot take the reins of the match. While I had written a good portion, I had a writer's block when it came to doing this match in particular. Fortunately, it worked out for the better, and even helped me get back into the writing groove somewhat nearing its completion. :) This paid off as well, because I don't consider my pre-275 self to be that good of a writer (at least on the grammar/tensing front). Not only that, having the chance to finally watch Zone Fighter really gave me a better idea of how to tackle some of its elements.

So what did I originally have in mind? Quite a bit. There are some notable differences between what I had written / had in mind vs. what we got.

-There was a lot more exposition paragraphs intertwined, and in general they were bulkier. Most of these were omitted in the final draft, and a few of the bulkier paragraphs were spaced out appropriately.
-Originally, there were only going to be 2 of the Yog creatures per, as that was part of the old regulations when it came to the Yog trio. 2 Gezoras, 2 Ganimes', and 2 Kamoebas' (each being tankier to help withstand ZF's/Ghidorah's attacks), each being based on their film counterpart and one other misc. incarnation. The second Gezora was going to be more blue, akin to its appearance in Godzilla: Monster of Monsters; the second Ganimes was going to be white, derived from Godzilla: Trading Battle (though that one made it into the match and banner); and the second Kamoebas was going to be the one that appeared in Go! Godman. While it can be easily interpreted that they're still in there, aside from the white Ganimes, it isn't expressly mentioned. (Side note: I do have the banner made for this iteration, I just have to get off my lazy bum and upload it :lol:)
-While Yog was still going to pose a major threat, it wasn't necessarily the "focus" per se. Rather, a lot of the original attention was more to the Zones and Futurians, as there was an axed subplot that involved M11 trying to steal data from Raita's laboratory, generally focusing on the elder members of the Sakimori family (the father, mother, and grandfather). M11 would've employed an advanced automated "toy" based on Tricephalon to hack into the Sakimori's computers. Bird Zone (the family bird from Episode 14) would've had a brief tango with Tricephalon before the parents started to chase M11 with the Mighty Liner. This was cut because I didn't have a definitive reason for its place in the story, as I wasn't sure what the whole endgame was to doing so. (Also Fun Fact: an even earlier iteration of the "toy hacker" was going to be based on Hyper Mecha-King Ghidorah from Godzilla Island before I changed it to Tricephalon).
-The last act was going to be dramatically different. Operating with the "2 of each Yog creature" format, the Yog creatures were going to be destroyed, only for Yog itself (using its entirety from the 6) to swoop in and possess Zone Fighter, recharging his Proton meter and enhancing his powers. King Ghidorah wasn't the target because of the Futurian supersonic frequencies / microwave impulses. Yog-ZF would've had to contend with both KG and Smokey until he was finally set free, where KG and ZF blasted the Kamoebas husk to kingdom come. This was dropped because I had let Greyshot take the reins and he took it in his own direction (for the most part).
-Emmy (like M11) was going to be part of the match involved in M11's scrapped side-plot. Though the specifics I didn't figure out; whether it was "pre-Emmy realizing they're doing the bad" or "Emmy managed to sway Chuck and Glen, though they're still arses."

If more comes to mind, I'm just going to post it here. This one has quite a history... Now if only I could do something about my old Godzilla vs. Fire Rodan submission (and the first KWC I ever wrote!)... :P
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Here we go. Some Trivia for Bagan vs King Ghidorah (Legendary).
  • The match started off under the writing of Birdman I think, then it kinda drifted off between several different people with different ideas for the match before it eventually dropped into my hands, where I eventually had to enlist GodzillavsRayquaza to help me (edit: Upon recommendation by KaijuX) with the section of the match that took place in the past since I was stuck on it for months.
  • The match had two separate ideas written out initially, one by Greyshot and another by Birdman. One had the match taking place in the distant past in the real location of Bagan while another had the match taking place during or before the events of KOTM. So I decided to take bits and pieces from both and combine them, adding in my own ideas and linking it to another series I have been working on.
  • Once I began working on the match, I went out searching for characters I could use and even ideas I could throw in to make the match more interesting, thus leading to me having an interpretation of Dr. Yamane's adopted son from the original Godzilla alongside a psychic character in the past to explain away how the people in these ancient civilizations could coexist with these all powerful gods, by having people who can bridge the barrier between the two races much easier. Plus it let me give Bagan some more character instead of just, Monster that wants to destroy the world.
  • The addition of the 3D Maneuver Gear was due to me reading Godzilla Aftershock, seeing the Katatsumuri and initially was going to use that. Then I had the idea of explaining the 3D Maneuver Gear as an upgrade to the Katatsumuri since both are similar in use. It also gave me use of the 3DM for later matches in this series.
  • While researching these monsters for the fight, I found out that Bagan had sooooooo many abilities I could use. Bursts of speed, claw growth, electrical manipulation, horn movement, super regeneration, the list goes on. As such, I decided to give him a self imposed restraint for the first half of the fight, so that later on when he lets loose, I could abuse and combine all his crazy abilities together. It also led me to realize just how strong Obsidius and Krystalak are with their own powers. I also might have been watching my older brother playing the new FFVII Remake while writing this.
I think that's it from me for now, maybe GvR might have some more trivia on his end to share.
Last edited by Nagoda on Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Most of this I do think is covered in the recent KWCC podcast. However, there is one tidbit for Match 315 I wanted to get out there before I forget.

Early on, I had pitched the idea of giving Kubal the surname of Reiss, and that his family would've had more European-influenced names. This was rectified into Kunimura and keeping all the characters grounded in Japanese roots (despite the fact that Kubal isn't a proper Japanese name). Kunimura, for those who didn't notice, is in reference to Jun Kunimura, the actor who played the character (who's also appeared in several Godzilla movies, such as Final Wars and Shin Godzilla).
Last edited by KaijuX on Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pair of kings.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Godzilla (Legendary) vs King Kong (Showa) was based off a request made involving the two being abducted by two warring alien species and put in a gladiatoral arena to settle the conflict. I initially wrote that version, with ape-like aliens (not the Black Hole Aliens) taking Kong and lizard-like aliens taking Godzilla. They brought them to a third alien race’s planet to have them fight in a giant colosseum.

The fight is pretty much unchanged from what you see in the final version. The arena was surrounded by a purple force field that was only visible when they touched it, though there were also walls of alien steel about as tall as them which weren’t affected by the force field so Kong slammed Godzilla into those once or twice.
Spoiler:
In this version, Godzilla’s atomic ray glassed the sand they were standing on, which let him stomp Kong down through the bottom of the arena where Kong grabbed the generator for the shield and threw it at Godzilla, thus letting them escape and fight on the stands as everyone fled or got crushed. Instead of a huge building, Kong actually ran up and ripped a huge Jumbotron-esque monitor off the top of the colosseum, and slammed it into Godzilla’s skull.

The outcome was still a draw in this version, only instead of Vorticia deciding to make them pawns, the two alien races’ representatives were like

“Well who wins now?”
“Wait, what were we fighting over?”
“I don’t even remember.”

Which made the announcer, who was of the third species who’s arena they were borrowing, chase them off with a gun for ruining his colosseum before deciding to sell the two kaiju off to whoever would take them, name-dropping the Vortaak and Xiliens.
However, original alien species are not allowed in the KWC. I didn’t find this out from the verifier replying to the submission and telling me this, no I found this out like two years later when I saw someone else ask if they could have original alien species in the KWC, and being told no by KaijuX.

So I just went back through it, took out the OC alien species and made it a Vortaak arena deathmatch, adjusted the fight slightly to fit the new location, and that’s pretty much it.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

That's very intriguing! Also, that original proposed ending is hilarious! :lol:
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

All right, so this match has a bit of history. Nothing extravagant, but one that'll make sense / worth documenting in case I forget. :lol:

Obviously spoilers ahead, so yeah.
Spoiler:
This match took roughly about a month to write, completing the first iteration by March 31st (the day Godzilla vs. Kong came out). This is a case I'd like to call "writing based on the trailer", where all of Kong that I knew was based on the select few trailers that I saw. Naturally, being Legendary Kong, it didn't take much imagination of how he'd behave (though after seeing the movie, there were a couple of things I didn't expect him to do, like knuckle-running). However, after seeing the movie, there came some... issues.

To make it clear, a good bulk of the match is pretty much on-point from the original version to the current version. Pretty much everything preceding Kong getting the axe is the same, minus the storm. In the first version, I had written the axe with the ability to absorb Rathalos' fire, but there were some conflicting opinions on that (mostly because of how the axe, which uses an MV Godzilla spine, and how that could imply Legendary Godzilla could possess similar capability with his spines). Because the verdict became "no absorbing fire" (like incendiary breath and flamethrowers), I had to scrap that idea and opt for a different approach.

We hadn't finalized on what the Fin Breaker would be capable of or what limits should be imposed, so the brief compromise I was given was allow it to absorb hard beams (like lasers or lightning). So that's where I added the storm, which struck the axe and became a lightning rod to allow the overcharge needed... and the others can attest to this, I hated this approach. While I was informed that Rathalos is weak to lightning and resistant to fire, it felt out of place and too contrived for my liking. The issue was also debated on the whole "should Godzilla's spines absorb those kinds of energy too?", which didn't help matters.

In the end, I was fortunate enough to figure out a decent way to keep the core story beats (Kong losing the axe, only for Ramarak to get it was essential, I was not changing that for the world) while solidifying the rules on what the axe can absorb. The only leeway I see myself being given is allowing the axe to have that explosive punch seen in the trailer (which I'm fully aware that can only be achieved by over-charge from continuous exposure), but I think that ramification is fine relative to what came before (since we are definitely saying that the Royal Axe / Fin Breaker can only absorb radioactive beams / atomic fire, to keep consistent with what's seen in the film).
Addendum: Originally, this match was going to solely be Legendary Kong and Rathalos. The Skullcrawlers kinda naturally came in when I was writing, and served their function incredibly well.

Pair of kings.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Quick trivia on Orga vs Mechagodzilla (Showa)!

- the Millenians in this match are directly based on the manga, where they are more explicitly a hive mind of aliens that act as one being, hence the mention of the "they" and their proclivity to act towards sheer emotion.

- in general, I wrote this match to try and show my favorite aspect of Orga: the strange mix of it as both a vicious brute and a intelligent world conquerer, with intended moments of strategy and just brute strength.

- that and Orga getting catfished by Fake Godzilla is a genius concept I'm surprised hasn't come up yet in more fanfics.

- on that note, one of my favorite parts of this match was specific "hints" on who Godzilla was ("almost identical to the history books"= being the 55 suit, "a piercing metallic roar", "face contored in rage"- the rubber skin being tested by MG's roar, etc)

- unintentional, but I just realized I accidentally echoed the Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla fight in GVK, with both opening with the other monster's charge being slowed down by a missle onslaught.
Spoiler:

- originally, Orga just brute forced though Mechagodzilla and killed him. It wasn't until Match 211 came out and KaijuX talked about how the UFO isn't used enough that it suddenly clicked on me a much clearer solution.

- Mechagodzilla's head crashing though the village was a direct nod to the scene with the Statue of Liberty's head in Cloverfield.

- there's two references to Terror of Mechagodzilla in the little Black Hole alien epilogue: the KEO-75 prototype was both a nod to the release year and was attempted to be a phonetic nod to writer Yukiko Takayama and Private Uchirados is a play on Katsumasa Uchida who played Jiro Murakoshi

- right now, this match ends on an orphaned punchline. Initially, I was working on another match where the Simeons were villians and Mugal's desk actually WAS made of Orga's skull, do to him having been beaten by another monster in a connected match. That match currently isn't in the cards anymore, so sadly, Mugal won't be getting that fine Millenian ivory, but I will tease I do have more matches planned in this universe, especially for old Orga.....
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RIP Evan.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

For Match 357:

-I began writing this match the day Showa Godzilla was announced for the KWC. I was immediately trying to brainstorm a good foe for Big G to fight, and as I was doing so I watched the Ultraman episode The Mysterious Dinosaur Base, and it all suddenly clicked in my mind. I had always watched the fight with Ultraman and Godzilla Jirass for so long and wondered “what if Ultraman actually fought Godzilla?” And I realized that here and now, I could finally bring such a story to life.

-Originally I had two different concepts on how Godzilla was gonna make his entrance. At first, the idea was that the Science Patrol was gonna fail to locate him in the Loch so they were gonna switch to scouring the land itself, and as they were doing so, his tail would burst from the middle of a field and Godzilla would rise out of the ground—the reference being obvious—and begin his rampage. At one point I even considered another version where he breaks out of an iceberg—that reference too, being obvious—but I scrapped both out of the same problem: if Godzilla’s been swimming around the Loch all the way to now, how the hell did he end up in the middle of a field or in an iceberg? And how would no one have noticed? Sad as I was to do it, I knew that it had to be scrapped.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image