If You Can Add Any Monster to KWC

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: If You Can Add Any Monster to KWC

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
If Ultima really does happen to replace Shin in the future.. i'll be a bit sad but at the same time i can see the reasoning behind why we did it. I will admit Shin is a pretty difficult monster to write with, and the limitations really don't help too much at the end of the day. I'd probably have an easier time writing with Ultima than i would the Reiwa Godzilla we have now.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Man, this makes a lot of sense but I'd really miss Shin.

He's great and is versatile in combat even excluding the out of canon stuff.

RIP Evan.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Guys, c’mon. There’s still 3 episodes left of the series, Ultima could have some new batshit insane abilities or could just be, well, Shin 2.0

It’s too early to start lamenting the retirement of a character when it’s supposed replacement hasn’t even been fully showcased yet :lol:
Last edited by Jermobooka on Sat May 29, 2021 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Yeah, any true discussion on Ultima is super far away, bare minimum the discussion will be in like, July when the show airs in the US. Let us wait and see, as difficult as that may be with something major like this. Nothing is set in stone, we’re not gonna just drop a super unique Godzilla like a sack of shit like we did Heisei Ghidorah. Only way that happens is if Ultima just does literally every single thing Shin can do and more.

I would just recommend pushing any Shin Godzilla matches you have in mind further up your to-do list, just in case.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sat May 29, 2021 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Oh yeah i wasn't saying how sad i was at the possibility of Shin retiring as if it was absolute, just that it would be sad to see happen either way.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:25 am
I would just recommend pushing any Shin Godzilla matches you have in mind further up your to-do list, just in case.

https://youtu.be/8OyBtMPqpNY
Last edited by Moth on Sat May 29, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Well moving away from the Shin-Ultima debacle and probably sweeping it under the rug until Singular Point makes it to America, here's a monster i would love to see added back into the K.W.C: Spyler!

Nope, not Spyler and Wargilgar. Just Spyler.

Yes, i am actually claiming for Spyler to come back without his alien-centipede flamethrower guard dog. Would it be weird? Yeah it would, but i genuinely think Spyler doesn't even need him. Matter of fact i honestly think Spyler's the only retiree worth adding back in. Everyone else either has better incarnations to use (Godzillasaurus, Heisei Mothra and Ghidorah, Showa Baragon) or doesn't add to much to the roster/other monsters do their jobs better (Diagoro, Goliath, Frankenstein, C-Rex) and in Wargiglar's case.. is just uninteresting to write with. Seriously, there wasn't really much you could do with Wargilgar by himself. Both Zandora and Jikiro had better abilities to use, and were better to make stories with in general. His power set was boring, and he's just not a fun guy to have around.

Spyler on the other hand, might actually be one of the most interesting of the Terror-Beast even outside of the K.W.C realm, and has a ton of story potential! Maybe not the most interesting ability wise, but character wise? There's the fact he's actually a Garoga, apparently one that's high ranking as well. So that means we could actually see him command a full on Garoga invasion of Earth (or even the Land of Light.. i mean, sounds like something he could do) and then once things don't go his way, he transforms into Spyler and try to do the job himself. Speaking of the Land of Light, the idea of high ranking members of space groups that can transforms into giants sound familiar. Maybe we could have him and Ultraman be rivals, seeing an strange kindred-spirit in one another yet still bitter enemies. Or better yet, we could see him form a rivalry and relationship with the Titans! Eren and Shikisima could see Spyler's explosive, angry personality similar to their own in their Titan forms, and could see the Garoga's ability as proof of what not to do. And Kubal? Considering they're both sneaky snakes.. maybe we could see them make the ultimate alliance in order to take the world by storm.

And again, we don't need Wargilgar to fight with him all the time. Spyler's perfectly capable of fighting on his own, and if you really need to give him a companion, Zandora and Jikiro are right there. Or you could just have him team up with one of the other space monsters.. or anyone in the roster depending on what story you wanna tell.

So yeah, i propose we just give Wargilgar the middle finger, bring in Spyler without him, and have the massive lightbulb, Zandora the drill head, and Jikiro the junk metal robot be the Three Musketeer Terror Beast of the roster.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Gigantis wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:40 pm Well moving away from the Shin-Ultima debacle and probably sweeping it under the rug until Singular Point makes it to America, here's a monster i would love to see added back into the K.W.C: Spyler!

Nope, not Spyler and Wargilgar. Just Spyler.

Yes, i am actually claiming for Spyler to come back without his alien-centipede flamethrower guard dog. Would it be weird? Yeah it would, but i genuinely think Spyler doesn't even need him. Matter of fact i honestly think Spyler's the only retiree worth adding back in. Everyone else either has better incarnations to use (Godzillasaurus, Heisei Mothra and Ghidorah, Showa Baragon) or doesn't add to much to the roster/other monsters do their jobs better (Diagoro, Goliath, Frankenstein, C-Rex) and in Wargiglar's case.. is just uninteresting to write with. Seriously, there wasn't really much you could do with Wargilgar by himself. Both Zandora and Jikiro had better abilities to use, and were better to make stories with in general. His power set was boring, and he's just not a fun guy to have around.

Spyler on the other hand, might actually be one of the most interesting of the Terror-Beast even outside of the K.W.C realm, and has a ton of story potential! Maybe not the most interesting ability wise, but character wise? There's the fact he's actually a Garoga, apparently one that's high ranking as well. So that means we could actually see him command a full on Garoga invasion of Earth (or even the Land of Light.. i mean, sounds like something he could do) and then once things don't go his way, he transforms into Spyler and try to do the job himself. Speaking of the Land of Light, the idea of high ranking members of space groups that can transforms into giants sound familiar. Maybe we could have him and Ultraman be rivals, seeing an strange kindred-spirit in one another yet still bitter enemies. Or better yet, we could see him form a rivalry and relationship with the Titans! Eren and Shikisima could see Spyler's explosive, angry personality similar to their own in their Titan forms, and could see the Garoga's ability as proof of what not to do. And Kubal? Considering they're both sneaky snakes.. maybe we could see them make the ultimate alliance in order to take the world by storm.

And again, we don't need Wargilgar to fight with him all the time. Spyler's perfectly capable of fighting on his own, and if you really need to give him a companion, Zandora and Jikiro are right there. Or you could just have him team up with one of the other space monsters.. or anyone in the roster depending on what story you wanna tell.

So yeah, i propose we just give Wargilgar the middle finger, bring in Spyler without him, and have the massive lightbulb, Zandora the drill head, and Jikiro the junk metal robot be the Three Musketeer Terror Beast of the roster.
Ahhh, I see someone else has come to this realization!... Something we had learned too late by the time we made the announcements. :lol: The funny thing is, official sources very much state that the two have a master-servant relationship. And while you do bring the point of just Spyler, Wargilgar is Spyler's Megalon. Could you have Spyler on separate journeys? Absolutely. I'd adore for that. But people will associate Spyler with Wargilgar like how they associate Gigan and Megalon, no matter how you look at it. Spyler has fantastic story potential (that gets wasted in the show itself), but Wargilgar (of the two) has the muscle-power to push it (at least in a relative sense). Plus, like a Pokemon, Spyler can just store Wargilgar in his gun, waiting... ;) Oh, in his Garoga/human form, not the Terror Beast form. XD

In my mind, and this is something I've talked with the guys about, is probably just focus on incarnations primarily as the "retirement targets" if you will. All monsters are independent, even if they share common characteristics (which is just an inevitability, given the genre). With how the KWC is going, there is going to be a natural cap; and that's because we aren't going to be shoving everything and the kitchen sink nor every "popular" choice around. I'd much rather focus on what we have and allow the writer to be inventive, even if a monster can be seen as nominally "useless" from a combat perspective.

KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Heisei Manga Zigra
Gamera 4 Truth Gamera & White Gyaos.
Komodithrax & Giant Bat
Godzilla Ultima, Mechagodzilla 2021,
Eleking, Oodako & Grotogauros.
& Then maybe all the other Terror Beasts under one name(like with Showa & FW Ebirahs), for example: Terror Beast A: Balgaras Terror Beast B: Barakidon
Terror Beast C: Garoborg
Terror Beasts D12&3: Destro King, Dorora & Dragon King
Terror Beast R: Red Spark
Terror Beast WT: Wargilar
Terror Beasts G 1,2&3 : Gelderah, Grandaguirus & Goram
H 1,2&3: Shipdraw, Shadorah & Bakugon
J1&2: Jellar & Custom Jellar
K: Kabtuogira
L: Gilmaras
M: Moguranda
N: Needar
Terror Beast S: Spideruros

Added in 30 minutes 6 seconds:
Actually, that Alphabet designation seems too complicated. Instead, if all the Terror Beasts became available to KWC, I'd have it that their individual names can appear in the Titles like: Gilmaras Vs Anguirus. If Gilmaras won that, at the end it'd say; Winner: Terror Beasts.
Same if it was three Terror Beasts. 4 I'd say would be the limit where the match title would have to be shortened to just; Opponent Vs Terror Beasts.
Last edited by Gojira1604 on Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Gojira1604 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:09 am Godzilla Ultima, Mechagodzilla 2021,
Latter already confirmed, and the former is already being considered!

Can't really say the same for the rest though. Although i guess i should say for the Terror-Beast in particular that that's not really how we combine monsters. We only make Hybrid if they're needed to be, well, hybridized. Even then it's mostly just for banners, it doesn't really change what they do in the match's like what you're suggesting.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Daimajin.

That is all.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillavsJason wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:53 pm Daimajin.

That is all.
....We can make Gamera vs. Daimajin now?!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

>Toho Logo

YEEEEEEEEEES

X, IF YOU DO NOTHING ELSE, DO THIS.

Added in 26 seconds:
Gigantis wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:08 pm
GodzillavsJason wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:53 pm Daimajin.

[YouTube][/YouTube]

That is all.
....We can make Gamera vs. Daimajin now?!
....we always could, Daiei's always had Gamera and Daimajin

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

We shall wait for the movie, and then go from there with Daimajin.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Daimajin. And possibly the dragon.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Daimajin with the Dragon as support.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Tiamat Dopepope model? Though with him in KWC we'd have 3 snakes, him, King Cobra & Manda. Unsure about that prospect.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Gojira1604 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:44 am Tiamat Dopepope model? Though with him in KWC we'd have 3 snakes, him, King Cobra & Manda. Unsure about that prospect.
Tiamat does have some unique abilities that Manda doesn’t. The sharp scales, acidic breath, and hydrokinesis are all very interesting and could be used in matches very well
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:51 am
Gojira1604 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:44 am Tiamat Dopepope model? Though with him in KWC we'd have 3 snakes, him, King Cobra & Manda. Unsure about that prospect.
Tiamat does have some unique abilities that Manda doesn’t. The sharp scales, acidic breath, and hydrokinesis are all very interesting and could be used in matches very well
I agree, I think Tiamat a very good opponent to use. I would like to see Tiamat vs Muto Prime sometime in the future

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Could Manda (Singular Point) be considered unique enough to be added to the roster?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image