Your Least Favourite KWCs (NOTES IN THREAD)

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Re: Your Least Favourite KWCs (NOTES IN THREAD)

Post by Desghidorah »

Nope. I still have one more to do before I transform another fan-favorite "power house" into my wiping boy. However, I plan on holding off on submitting this match for a good amount of time. If matches like it was posted every other or something, or EVERYONE did this, I'd say you have a valid point. HOWEVER, there's only been ONE other match like this - for Monster X - and that was well over 4 years ago when I wrote Gorosaurus vs. Monster X.
Except matches like that HAVE been pretty much all Monster X has had. Monster X by a good margin has the worst Win-Lose record in the entire KWC. There's not point in making him your whipping boy, he's pretty blatantly everyone's already. Seriously it's like kicking sand in the eyes of someone of a poor hobo who's already been dragged down several miles of road after being kneecapped. It's not bringing down a fan favorite or a powerhouse, it's a bad joke. Give the guy a break. If you want to bring down 'OP' kaiju, why not do it with someone who actually has been OP in this series? We still have kaiju who've won four times as any times as they've lost. Devoting a whole triology to bringing down X is well... pretty close to beyond redundant.

And that type of thinking of "GFW = MOST POWERFUL EVER!" is why I do, and continue to do, what I do to the likes of Monster X when I put him in any match. Remember what GKG did to him in the GKG vs. Hyper Alien Team 5?
If you had written a smart or believable reason for the disadvantaged kaiju to win (like how Hedorah won in the fight with Burning Godzilla, I disagreed but could buy the premise and liked the fight), you'd have a point. Unfortunately we got Gabara man handling X out of nowhere.

I do not think GokuZilla is the strongest, that is certainly no 'Get a Win Free Pass' for anyone and didn't want to imply that. My point was if you have canonically a pretty strong kaiju very, very easily lose to a very weak one (Gabara), the author bias couldn't be more blatant if I slammed into my face. It's been done to death (again, 1-9 loss ratio) and isn't funny anymore.

It's my opinion, nothing more. But it's my opinion you seriously dropped the ball on this trilogy. Come on man, you were really good in #145 and #147

MM The Destroyer
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MM The Destroyer »

Except matches like that HAVE been pretty much all Monster X has had. Monster X by a good margin has the worst Win-Lose record in the entire KWC.
Having a bad win-lose record isn't the same as everyone using him as their wiping boy. From the matches I've read (and I admit, I do not read EVERY KWC match) with him in it, I am by far the harshest. But him having a bad record is hardly my fault.
If you want to bring down 'OP' kaiju, why not do it with someone who actually has been OP in this series?
Oh, trust me, I am. You don't need EVERYONE to bring down a certain SOMEONE. And I'm going to show that a certain, low-tier SOMEONE can bring down this high-tier SOMEONE in a very painful, absolutely hilarious way when I get to writing it down the road.
We still have kaiju who've won four times as any times as they've lost. Devoting a whole triology to bringing down X is well... pretty close to beyond redundant.
But oh so personally satisfying. All the hate I have for MX. All the dribble in fantasy matches about him being some kung-fu master powerful demon of a kaiju...
If you had written a smart or believable reason for the disadvantaged kaiju to win (like how Hedorah won in the fight with Burning Godzilla, I disagreed but could buy the premise and liked the fight), you'd have a point. Unfortunately we got Gabara man handling X out of nowhere.
And I would debate you for pages on end on why Gabara WOULD defeat Monster X in a one-on-one fight. Likewise, why Gorosaurus would demolish him as well.
the author bias couldn't be more blatant if I slammed into my face.
ALL of my matches are author biased. GKG is my favorite kaiju - I have him manhandle five kaiju and a genetic hybrid of three of those kaiju rolled into one. King Caesar is among my favorite kaiju - had him give Goji a decent run. Never cared for Zone Fighter - Had Ultraman decapitate him. Always liked Gabara and Gorosaurus - they win matches. Etc.
I'm Back... for a... Damn it, I lost count!
Godzelda wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:But regardless, what on earth makes you think that, say, Spacegodzilla's Corona beam, which penetrated Godzilla's hide on more than one occasion, is more damaging than a nuke on a point-for-point basis?
It hurt Godzilla. That's why I think that.

TK's #1 most reported, popular, hated, loved, sarcastic kaiju pleb.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Desghidorah wrote:it's a bad joke. Give the guy a break.
Give the guy a break? It's a fucking fan fiction match, and the fact that it has rustled your jimmies is just sad, really.
Who cares whether or not he's biased towards another character, IT'S A FAN-FICTION, HIS fan-fiction. Seriously, if you get that butt hurt over a fan-fiction match, then maybe you need to set back and take a break from this place, because getting upset over something like this is just childish, and I say this to anyone who acts "offended" over the outcome of a match.
It was a joke match, the butt hurt shouldn't exist at all...

EDIT: all this talk about a bunch of kaiju taking MX down makes me REALLY want to see a DAM-like match where Monster X is pit against 9 or so other Earth monsters.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
Desghidorah wrote:it's a bad joke. Give the guy a break.
Give the guy a break? It's a skreeonking fan fiction match, and the fact that it has rustled your jimmies is just sad, really.
Who cares whether or not he's biased towards another character, IT'S A FAN-FICTION, HIS fan-fiction. Seriously, if you get that butt hurt over a fan-fiction match, then maybe you need to set back and take a break from this place, because getting upset over something like this is just childish, and I say this to anyone who acts "offended" over the outcome of a match.
It was a joke match, the butt hurt shouldn't exist at all...

EDIT: all this talk about a bunch of kaiju taking MX down makes me REALLY want to see a DAM-like match where Monster X is pit against 9 or so other Earth monsters.
Calm down dude. You act like I was spouting expletives at the entire forum. Allow me to repose what I said in my first post to clarify.
Nothing worth getting upset or feel spite over, just someone's fanfic; but #154 just topped my list.
And point out the title of this thread is 'Least Favorite'. Putting a match here implies we didn't like something about it. I have nothing against the author and was not intentionally insulting him or his other works. Hells, King Caesar vs. Godzilla is one of my favorite matches. I was talking about the latest match because I didn't like its structure or justification.

MX isn't even in my top 15, so I'm no some rage-drooling fanboy when he loses. He's lost plenty of times by now. My point wasn't that he lost. It was that I didn't like the way he did lost*, and think the point the writer was making was redundant. If you want to bring a kaiju down and drag them off a high seat and into the mud, why bother with one that's already in the mud to begin with? MX has been killed so many times and won only once to show for it, so just killing him again in a way with little set up doesn't seem necessary. Had it been done with someone powerful who has had a good record, like Gomora, Godzilla, Biollante, etc. I think it wouldn't be repetitive.

My point wasn't that the match upset me. It's someone's fan work and unless it's specifically insulting someone it's not gonna hurt anyone. I was mentioning it here not because it made me angry, but because it make me bored when I knew this author can and has done better.

*I fully understand and like rooting for the underdog in a fight. However I feel that if the power difference is big enough, some sort of clever writing is needed to justify it so it doesn't look like someone turned on the Godmode. A good example is Anguirus defeating Destoroyah in 'Godzilla: Legends'. He didn't just do it out of the blue, he required a set up. Another is again, Burning Godzilla vs. Hedorah. While I don't think Hedorah should have won, I can understand why he won because the plot took time and explained it. Even if this was a joke fight, I just felt the set up coulda been better.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I'm really not a big fan of the newest match, Rodan vs Dagarah.
I mean, come on, it's just not fun when you see a match and you already know who's going to win.
The fact that it's just to give a Dagarah a win on the "scoreboards", is be a little more ok about this if they have Rodan a better method of surviving Dagarah rather than just beefing him up. I mean, Rodan IS faster and can out menevuer Dagarah, how about using that instead of just making him stronger long enough for Degarah to slaughter him?
And I'm not a fan the Heisei "beam battle matches" either, after seeing "Monster A used his beam and Monster B dodged and countered with its beam" over and over again just gets old after awhile, just like it did in the movies for me.
That's basically my nitpicks…
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Jeff The Killer Vs. Slenderman :lol:

Just kidding, I have allot of matches to read to decide which is the my least favorite KWC match. And since I don't have allot of time to read through them, I tend to listen the Committee Reads video while I'm making banners or when I'm on Steam. But if I we're to choose the worst match, I will say Match 49: Zone Fighter Vs. Ultraman.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Bagan Vs muto.

It's very one sided and the plot is way too similar to the 2014 movie. Muto lays eggs, big bad comes, they fight; except in this version the muto's dont even stand a chance, so theres no suspense.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

So took a long time to decide which is my least favorite so far and I've finally decided.

Match #36. King Caesar (Millennium) vs. Battra. Its because pretty much of the way it ends with Battra retreating treating him like he was some kind of coward rather then continue fighting, that and the match was short and pretty anti-climatic. I mean this is something I'd expect from someone like Gabara like in Match #23 but never alone Battra...

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Not sure if it's a good idea to revive this thread, but eh.

My least favorite KWC match is Godzillasaurus vs Gorosaurus. Purely for the fact that it keeps using the monsters' names over and over, plus both of their names are similar so it's both confusing and annoying to see "Gorosaurus" or "Godzillasaurus" repeated throughout the match. The match itself is meh, but that little thing just ruins it for me.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Let me just start off by saying that I have absolutely nothing against the writers of these matches. Anywyas, Two of my least favorites:

Match 38: It tried WAAAAAAAY too hard to be edgy and over the top, not ot mention the fact that two of the combatants (Ultraman and Gamera) are written way out of character and do things that they never would have done given their personalities.

Match 121: Not for the outcome, but because it feels like it was written just to rectify the outcome of match 81 (which is actually a personal favorite of mine)
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

fanofstuff
Monsterland Worker

Post by fanofstuff »

Jet Jaguar vs Ebirah. I don't know why, that match just never really jived with me.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:Let me just start off by saying that I have absolutely nothing against the writers of these matches. Anywyas, Two of my least favorites:

Match 38: It tried WAAAAAAAY too hard to be edgy and over the top, not ot mention the fact that two of the combatants (Ultraman and Gamera) are written way out of character and do things that they never would have done given their personalities.

Match 121: Not for the outcome, but because it feels like it was written just to rectify the outcome of match 81 (which is actually a personal favorite of mine)
I totally agree with you on those matches, especially with Match 38. Match 14 may have been long and bad, but when GVJ read it and made fun of if, it made it funny bad. But with Match 38, it was so bad and long, it was unpleasant. Like I really wished it would end, plus King Kong’s lightning deus ex machina, knew he was going to win when he got the electricity.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

soulgodzilla wrote:I totally agree with you on those matches, especially with Match 38. Match 14 may have been long and bad, but when GVJ read it and made fun of if, it made it funny bad. But with Match 38, it was so bad and long, it was unpleasant. Like I really wished it would end, plus King Kong’s lightning deus ex machina, knew he was going to win when he got the electricity.
Helps too that Kong wasn't in the match 90% of the time nor could I see Ultraman and Gamera fighting each other granted I heard Ultraman fought Gamera due to him not protecting humanity hard enough.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:I totally agree with you on those matches, especially with Match 38. Match 14 may have been long and bad, but when GVJ read it and made fun of if, it made it funny bad. But with Match 38, it was so bad and long, it was unpleasant. Like I really wished it would end, plus King Kong’s lightning deus ex machina, knew he was going to win when he got the electricity.
Helps too that Kong wasn't in the match 90% of the time nor could I see Ultraman and Gamera fighting each other granted I heard Ultraman fought Gamera due to him not protecting humanity hard enough.
Oh right. (Bloody cheating coward...)

Now that you mention it, it kinda explains why I didn’t like Ultraman Vs. Zone Fighter. I believe that it explained Zone Fighter being hypnotized or corrupted of being evil, but we don’t get allot of who’s controlling him.

Another one I don’t like are the matches written by Forrest Freund, while not the worst matches of all time, they’re not that great either. Like I believe Match 2 & 3 are his worst, Match 6 is obvious of whos gonna win, Match 5 is kinda forgettable, match 7 could have used Biollante’s & Dagarah’s full potential, and Match 8 is probably one of Forrest Freund’s better matches. (Probably it’s because Baragon has won)

Kinda makes me wanna write rematches of those matches in the future.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

soulgodzilla wrote:
GodzillaFreak99 wrote:Let me just start off by saying that I have absolutely nothing against the writers of these matches. Anywyas, Two of my least favorites:

I totally agree with you on those matches, especially with Match 38. Match 14 may have been long and bad, but when GVJ read it and made fun of if, it made it funny bad. But with Match 38, it was so bad and long, it was unpleasant. Like I really wished it would end, plus King Kong’s lightning deus ex machina, knew he was going to win when he got the electricity.
Deus Ex Kongina? :lol: And I completely forgot to mention match 14 as well. That one was pretty bad too.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:

Deus Ex Kongina? :lol: And I completely forgot to mention match 14 as well. That one was pretty bad too.
But at least GVJ made it fun to read in the Comettiee reads. :lol:
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

I feel so loved right now. :P

Anyway, what are my least favorites?

Match 39 is one that comes to mind, like everyone else said, it's rather boring and tries to be edgy at the same time.

Match 79 is another one as if you all remember in the committee read, I was losing it. Badly. I was honestly bored by it, since the fight seemed to drag on forever.

Match 121. It's not so much of disliking, more of just a "I want my Godzilla to win after he lost, because he King of Da Mawnstars". Of course no disrespect for the author, it's decent, but just not to my liking.

Match 96. You'll find out why I don't like this match in the upcoming read.

Match 154. It's essentially the Psycho remake of the KWC. Just replace Gorosaurus with Gabara and you basically get the same match with Monster X losing to someone you don't think is going to win and is rather unconvincing, I might say.

Second half of 56. I loved the first half, it was fan service (Good guys vs bad guys in this massive brawl) done right, but once Bagan came back, it became boring.

Match 202. The whole match didn't really do anything for me, Baragon was just there for the hell of it, and it's your typical run of the mill "The Earth is being invaded! The other monsters are going off in different places to combat it while someone either stands guard at one place, or them going to one part of the invasion". I'm honestly sick of these types of stories. There's no payoff to them.

Match 164. Do I even need to say it? :P

I'm sure there are some others that I don't really care for, but these are the ones that come to the top of my head. Yeah, there's a lot of the early ones, but I would be here all day and I kind of summed up my thoughts in the videos with "meh".
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I gotta agree about #202. The match wasn't exactly the most original especially when it comes to the premise and pretty predictable too for that matter. That and I instantly knew who was going to win the moment I saw the author's name. Not to mention what GvJ said. Baragon was just thrown in there for the sake of getting Gabara to win. If anything I would've done Goliath instead since I think he would've fit better considering it'd would've meant a win for him.

Easily my least favorite match of this year.
GodzillavsJason wrote:Match 154, It's essentially the Psycho remake of the KWC. Just replace Gorosaurus with Gabara and you basically get the same match with Monster X losing to someone you don't think is going to win and is rather unconvincing, I might say.
I honestly knew who was going to win the moment I saw that match added even before clicking it. It was too obvious it had to be by MM considering I couldn't think of anyone else to write such a silly match like that.

Added in 23 minutes 14 seconds:
#17: The Gigan used was the most fragile one who was one-shotted getting his head blown off by a single Atomic Ray yet wins against a monster who held his own against Mothra Leo (Arguably more powerful then any Godzilla himself) who tanked his attacks no problem and had to be killed from the inside in order to win? Yeah I know the whole "It lays in the eyes of the writers" and winners are decided by the writers themselves but I don't know the idea an weak fragile incarnation of Gigan beating an very durable and sturdy foe who can shrug off energy attacks kind of irks me, I'll admit too it also has to do my bias towards Dagahra.

#88: Mainly because of the winner. I don't know...I mean I know its up to the writer and lays in their eyes but the idea of an tooth-n-claw fighter beating a goddess with more versatile abilities (Antenna beams, conductive touch, lightning wings, etc.) sounds a little silly to me of course though for some reason Anguirus winning in this match felt to me like it was all "Anguirus never gives up in a fight! He has heart!".

#101: Yeah Legion's a powerful monster and no doubt Gamera's strongest foe but I don't know, for some reason this match always crawed at me as I felt Grand King Ghidorah was nerfed as he's in whole another league when compared to her. Legion, while powerful isn't exactly the most durable monster (Since missiles manage to blast off pieces of her) and I feel writers tend to overhype her especially when it comes to her "Beamz of deathz" which they treat as a one-shot instant kill which #107 shows for example.

#164: No reason to explain other then this match is too long and drags on for periods of time.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:30 pm, edited 12 times in total.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Yeah, Match 202 was an obvious of whos gonna win.and I think it would have worked better if Goliath was in this match instead of Gabara because we don’t get allot of Goliath matches.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Uh, GvJ, I think you meant Match 38. ;) Match 39 had the funny part where the Aggregate Destoroyah was stuck in Moguera. :P

Added in 5 minutes 39 seconds:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:#88: Mainly because of the winner. I don't know...I mean I know its up to the writer and lays in their eyes but the idea of an tooth-n-claw fighter beating a goddess with more versatile abilities (Antenna beams, conductive touch, lightning wings, etc.) sounds a little silly to me of course though for some reason Anguirus winning in this match felt to me like it was all "Anguirus never gives up in a fight! He has heart!".
Except that's probably the best written KWCs, especially of the old era. I know, we all have opinions, but you're wrong. :P
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells