K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Since the female M.U.T.O has her burrowing ability from the novelization of Godzilla, can we use the Skull Island novelization abilities for the Skullcrawler? (namely, gills and the ability to mimic the noises of other creatures)

Could I write a match where Frankenstein is able to talk in limited speech? Like in my mind, simple stuff like "ow", "bad" or "no" from being raised in a lab.

RIP Evan.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Since the female M.U.T.O has her burrowing ability from the novelization of Godzilla, can we use the Skull Island novelization abilities for the Skullcrawler? (namely, gills and the ability to mimic the noises of other creatures)

Could I write a match where Frankenstein is able to talk in limited speech? Like in my mind, simple stuff like "ow", "bad" or "no" from being raised in a lab.
Oh... I didn't realize she had that in the novelization; I just mentally based it closer to the part where she's making the nest. But hey, cool that she uses it there. ;) I think as far as the Skullcrawler stuff goes, I don't think there's any real opposition to that (though I don't recall them having gills, but being a lizard I can still see some aquatic-ness being applied), but we won't be stating them as individual abilities. I think the mimicry would be a cool idea to implement!

Ehhh, I'd refrain from limited speech for Frankenstein. Keep him more muted like his movie counterpart.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

SoggyNoodles2016

KaijuX wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Since the female M.U.T.O has her burrowing ability from the novelization of Godzilla, can we use the Skull Island novelization abilities for the Skullcrawler? (namely, gills and the ability to mimic the noises of other creatures)

Oh... I didn't realize she had that in the novelization; I just mentally based it closer to the part where she's making the nest. But hey, cool that she uses it there. ;) I think as far as the Skullcrawler stuff goes, I don't think there's any real opposition to that (though I don't recall them having gills, but being a lizard I can still see some aquatic-ness being applied), but we won't be stating them as individual abilities. I think the mimicry would be a cool idea to implement!
Oh wow, really? I thought for sure the burrowing was referencing that hahaha

Yeah, the Skullcrawler gills aren't really a big thing (Novel Brooks notices them on the Skullcrawler in the boneyard attack and brings it up when they're trying to discourage Packard from killing Kong because it means they'll be able to get off the island once they've picked it clean). Definitely excited to use the mimicry!

Yeah, the Talking Frankenstein thing was just a little idea I had. Just wanted to make sure I could do it before I wrote it.

Thanks again for the help, X!
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

No prob! :D Definitely interested in the mimicry idea; I don't think we quite have a monster on the roster that can do that.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

Oh gosh... I just thought of an idea and its really creepy. what if a Skullcrawler lured a girl with the noise of her dead pet/family member, and then go (in kaiju) "Hello Poppy, want to see daddy/kitty?" then Megalon or something just comes along and kills it.
(i had IT/Pet Sematary vibs while writing this)
Last edited by kaijufanforever on Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

kaijufanforever wrote:Oh gosh... I just thought of an idea and its really creepy. what if a Skullcrawler lured a girl with the noise of her dead pet/family member, and then go (in kaiju) "Hello Poppy, want to see daddy/kitty?" then Megalon of something just comes along and kills it.
That does give me vibes of SCP-939.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

soulgodzilla wrote:
kaijufanforever wrote:Oh gosh... I just thought of an idea and its really creepy. what if a Skullcrawler lured a girl with the noise of her dead pet/family member, and then go (in kaiju) "Hello Poppy, want to see daddy/kitty?" then Megalon of something just comes along and kills it.
That does give me vibes of SCP-939.
took a Google search, but I see what you mean

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I don't think the Skullcrawlers mimicry ability is advanced to that point. It would be better if they could mimic the calls of other creatures, perhaps as a way to lure prey into a trap.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Birdman wrote:I don't think the Skullcrawlers mimicry ability is advanced to that point. It would be better if they could mimic the calls of other creatures, perhaps as a way to lure prey into a trap.
Aye. They wouldn't be parrot levels of mimicry where they can imitate words, but imitating other kaiju is more than fine (at least if they're not of the speaking variety).

Pair of kings.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

KaijuX wrote:
Birdman wrote:I don't think the Skullcrawlers mimicry ability is advanced to that point. It would be better if they could mimic the calls of other creatures, perhaps as a way to lure prey into a trap.
Aye. They wouldn't be parrot levels of mimicry where they can imitate words, but imitating other kaiju is more than fine (at least if they're not of the speaking variety).
I kinda thought so, but I just wanted to share my idea

SoggyNoodles2016

That's actually how it's used in the novel. Marlow tells us how Gunpei died and it's because he and Marlow ran off to follow what they thought was a screaming Iwi child and got ambushed.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RIP Evan.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Wow, you're serious? Dang... Okay then. Well, it's still not the human language, but the human voice, if that makes sense.

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

So the Skullcrawlers are SCP-939
Last edited by soulgodzilla on Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

soulgodzilla wrote:So the Skullcrawlers are SCP-939
guess so, which dont make them any LESS creepy

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

kaijufanforever wrote:
Exactly, imagine Gabara looking for Minilla to pick on, he heard his cry and head towards it. Only to be ambush by either a pack of Skullcrawlers or the big boi.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

soulgodzilla wrote:
kaijufanforever wrote:
Exactly, imagine Gabara looking for Minilla to pick on, he heard his cry and head towards it. Only to be ambush by either a pack of Skullcrawlers or the big boi.
Or Mothra hearing her followers in distress, only to fall into an ambush.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Birdman wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:
kaijufanforever wrote: guess so, which dont make them any LESS creepy
Oh god, and what if the Skullcrawlers have killed her children before the ambush? That’ll be horrible!
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

soulgodzilla wrote:
Birdman wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote: Exactly, imagine Gabara looking for Minilla to pick on, he heard his cry and head towards it. Only to be ambush by either a pack of Skullcrawlers or the big boi.
Oh god, and what if the Skullcrawlers have killed her children before the ambush? That’ll be horrible!
ya know, my mother has a saying.

hell hath no fury like an angry woman.

that is all

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Okay,so i'm having some serious writers block issues with Orochi vs. Team Guardians. Ideas,anyone? Here's the roster just so you know
Godzilla (Heisei)
Anguirus
Rodan (Heisei)
Gamera
King Kong
Mothra Leo
Baragon
Varan
Gomora
Kiryu
Ultraseven
Zilla
Gorosaurus
and last but not least,Megalon.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Hmmm... Well, I'd say cut down on the monsters you don't need. Make it Orochi vs. 8 monsters--each corresponding to his heads. ;) And it'd be more manageable to handle.

Pair of kings.