K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I'd say do it like Minilla and Billy in Gsaurus vs Godzilla: We can use them, they just can't fight and if we let them fight, they can't win.

RIP Evan.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'd say do it like Minilla and Billy in Gsaurus vs Godzilla: We can use them, they just can't fight and if we let them fight, they can't win.
Even if its like Gorosaurus Vs Varan: Round 2, where both of them are around 10 meters?

Added in 4 days 2 hours 10 minutes 5 seconds:
Is it alright to have a sequence of Shin Godzilla’s third form roaming around before evolving into the fourth form, where the fight will really begin?

Edit: and I assume that I will have to call him ”Godzilla” instead of ”Shin Godzilla” if I’m not using any other Godzillas, right?
Last edited by soulgodzilla on Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

soulgodzilla wrote:Is it alright to have a sequence of Shin Godzilla’s third form roaming around before evolving into the fourth form, where the fight will really begin?
Yes, it's perfectly fine to have the other forms to set up the story. For that matter, I'm working on Shin Godzilla vs. MUTO (which was originally going to be a KWCE match) where the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd forms are present (though slightly altered to where they don't fight).
Edit: and I assume that I will have to call him ”Godzilla” instead of ”Shin Godzilla” if I’m not using any other Godzillas, right?
Match 211 referred to Shin Godzilla as "Shin Gojira" or even just "Shin"--just make sure you give context as to why he's being referred to as Shin. So unless Greyshot says otherwise, I'd say it's all right to call him Shin Godzilla.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Great to know that.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

SoggyNoodles2016

On the subject of the usage of forms, could I use larva Mothra in a match like we use Minilla? I had an idea for a match where a Mothra larva tries to stop a rampaging Heisei King Ghidorah, and when Ghidorah attacks her in retaliation, mama Mothra comes to stop him and protect the larva. Want to know if it's ok before I start writing.

RIP Evan.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

What are the limits to Shin Godzilla's environment adaption ability?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Birdman wrote:What are the limits to Shin Godzilla's environment adaption ability?
And I was just about to ask, and thats a question that I’m the most concern of if its gonna be creative or limited.

Added in 19 minutes 28 seconds:
Not to mention, couldn’t we be allowed with some of the scrapped concept arts like the flight and growing extra limbs and heads?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:On the subject of the usage of forms, could I use larva Mothra in a match like we use Minilla? I had an idea for a match where a Mothra larva tries to stop a rampaging Heisei King Ghidorah, and when Ghidorah attacks her in retaliation, mama Mothra comes to stop him and protect the larva. Want to know if it's ok before I start writing.
Using Mothra Larva as a narrative set up? That's perfectly fine, just as long as the Larva doesn't intervene on the fight itself after the mama arrives.
Birdman wrote:What are the limits to Shin Godzilla's environment adaption ability?
soulgodzilla wrote:
And I was just about to ask, and thats a question that I’m the most concern of if its gonna be creative or limited.

Not to mention, couldn’t we be allowed with some of the scrapped concept arts like the flight and growing extra limbs and heads?
There are a lot of unknowns about that. While my personal preference would be to go with what the KWCE's Ultraman Orb vs. Shin Godzilla match did with his adaptations, I haven't heard back from Greyshot concerning the limitations. While I'd imagine he'll be strongly against creating full duplicates of himself (like seen in the concept art), I'm hoping he'll be open to what was mentioned in the movie (mostly the flying adaptation); even if he's already imposed no Shin humanoids as fighters.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

SoggyNoodles2016

KaijuX wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:On the subject of the usage of forms, could I use larva Mothra in a match like we use Minilla? I had an idea for a match where a Mothra larva tries to stop a rampaging Heisei King Ghidorah, and when Ghidorah attacks her in retaliation, mama Mothra comes to stop him and protect the larva. Want to know if it's ok before I start writing.
Using Mothra Larva as a narrative set up? That's perfectly fine, just as long as the Larva doesn't intervene on the fight itself after the mama arrives.
Eh, I kinda wanted to have the larva help a little (mostly just some silk spewing every now and then) but I can work with that. Thanks, KaijuX!

RIP Evan.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:

There are a lot of unknowns about that. While my personal preference would be to go with what the KWCE's Ultraman Orb vs. Shin Godzilla match did with his adaptations, I haven't heard back from Greyshot concerning the limitations. While I'd imagine he'll be strongly against creating full duplicates of himself (like seen in the concept art), I'm hoping he'll be open to what was mentioned in the movie (mostly the flying adaptation); even if he's already imposed no Shin humanoids as fighters.
If he were to say yes to these things, then I’ll be alright with Shin’s inclusion, the idea of Shin Godzilla having another head is just unsettling.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

is it okay to create new human characters for a plot? i say this cause in the first draft for my new match, i made an entire new character as the main protagonist.
Last edited by Gigantis on Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

tyrantgoji wrote:is it okay to create new human characters for a plot? i say this cause in the first draft for my new match, i made an entire new character as the main protagonist.
Absolutely! Got no problem with that. ;)

Pair of kings.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

KaijuX wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:is it okay to create new human characters for a plot? i say this cause in the first draft for my new match, i made an entire new character as the main protagonist.
Absolutely! Got no problem with that. ;)
woo!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Does anyone know the name of Cameron Winter's company?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Birdman wrote:Does anyone know the name of Cameron Winter's company?
Solstice Industries!
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

So with Balkzardan's inclusion to the K.W.C. I wanted to ask again about a certain duology I plan to write and want to double check.

So I know I can't have Desghidorah being Kumasogami's companion/pet but I was wondering if I could have that happen between Balkzardan and Utsuno Ikusagami because
Spoiler:
Idea of my first match of this duology the premise would be Utsuno's fellow gods tasking him into doing the seemingly impossible labor of taming the thunder beast known as Balkzardan and it'd end with Utsuno succeeding and making him his companion/pet and then the sequel where they both face Kumasogami and Desghidorah (The latter who frees Kumasogami from hell upon using his Fiery Pyre Road and in return decides to help the latter for freeing him).
Honestly I personally feel it'd be fitting given Balkzardan's god-like nature.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

I'd say best to cement their relationship as allies as opposed to pets. Same case with Kumasogami and Desghidorah.

Pair of kings.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

KaijuX wrote:I'd say best to cement their relationship as allies as opposed to pets. Same case with Kumasogami and Desghidorah.
Very well then.

I'll work a way around it then to still write my duology.

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

I have gotten my match written, but how do you attach a word document in a private message?
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

I don't think you can. You'll have to copy-paste it into the PM.

Pair of kings.