K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by KaijuX »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:58 pm So another Titan can become a sort of hybrid Titan by eating the host of another Titan Shifter.. how does this work exactly? Would this just mean that if Eren ate Kubal the Attack Titan would just become bigger, or if he ate Shikishima the Attack Titan would grow armor on him? What does this do?
You'd be right! Basically if Attack ate Armored, he'd get armor (but retain the physique), Armored would get bigger if he ate Colossal, and so on. While some are just cosmetic perks, you can stack those abilities on-top of one another (so Attack can eat Armored, then eat Colossal, for example). That said, this ability can only be applied to the AOT Titans.

Currently, there are no non-combatant Jaeger Titans that are usable in the KWC for our combatant Titans to chow down on... For now. There is at least one under discussion right now, but we want to see how the Final Season plays out before we reveal our hand. Its existence is merely based on inference from the live-action novelization; however, there are plenty of hints that rely on context from the manga/anime to understand. Even if it does get a pass, don't expect it to have the names of any of the pre-existing Titans.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

KaijuX wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:10 pm
You'd be right! Basically if Attack ate Armored, he'd get armor (but retain the physique), Armored would get bigger if he ate Colossal, and so on. While some are just cosmetic perks, you can stack those abilities on-top of one another (so Attack can eat Armored, then eat Colossal, for example). That said, this ability can only be applied to the AOT Titans.

Currently, there are no non-combatant Jaeger Titans that are usable in the KWC for our combatant Titans to chow down on... For now. There is at least one under discussion right now, but we want to see how the Final Season plays out before we reveal our hand. Its existence is merely based on inference from the live-action novelization; however, there are plenty of hints that rely on context from the manga/anime to understand. Even if it does get a pass, don't expect it to have the names of any of the pre-existing Titans.
Oh, so my suspicions were correct!

And i have a good feeling i know who this other Titan is..

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

You hear that, everyone?

KaijuX endorses vore!
Last edited by MoarCrossovers on Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

You know, if I had a nickel for every time a major kaiju property had voring other people to get powers as a feature, I would have 3 nickels.

Which isn't a lot but weird it's happened three times and at least 2 are on the roster.

RIP Evan.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Question:

Is Desghidorah's "Thunder Cannon Flash" ever used in the actual film? Is it basically the equivalent of Grand King Ghidorah's light barrier, or is it different?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:28 am Question:

Is Desghidorah's "Thunder Cannon Flash" ever used in the actual film? Is it basically the equivalent of Grand King Ghidorah's light barrier, or is it different?
It is. When Larva Leo sprays silk onto wingless Desghidorah’s back, the spires on his back generate heat to burn it off.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:37 am

It is. When Larva Leo sprays silk onto wingless Desghidorah’s back, the spires on his back generate heat to burn it off.
So basically, it's Ghidorah's light barrier but made of pure thermal energy.

So say, if Keizer Ghidorah shot at him with his antigravity beams, Desghidorah could just create that thermal barrier and stop it in its tracks?
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:51 am

So say, if Keizer Ghidorah shot at him with his antigravity beams, Desghidorah could just create that thermal barrier and stop it in its tracks?
Well if steam can stop atomic breath :lol:
(I jest, twas well written)

At the very least I'd say it dissipate and dampen the hit. Heat tends to do weird things with different types of wavelength and electrical flow.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Desghidorah wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:58 am
ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:51 am

At the very least I'd say it dissipate and dampen the hit. Heat tends to do weird things with different types of wavelength and electrical flow.
Ah, I see. Thank you for this interesting piece of information. :huge:

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:00 pm
Desghidorah wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:58 am

Ah, I see. Thank you for this interesting piece of information. :huge:
NP. All energy typically needs to be conducted through matter. Heat essentially a measure of how energized the molecules making up the matter are. While this is sci-fi physics we're talking, using some real world logic always helps. In this case assuming we're working with something that works somewhat like gravity and electrical plasma (i.e. lightning bolts), extremely high temperatures can increase the resistance as the heated molecules aren't as close together as to conduct the incoming energy. Think of it like transmitting force through solid contact (low heat/energy) vs. transmitting force through a liquid vs. transmitting through gas. The hotter something is, especially if it's not a solid, the more spaced out the molecules are and thus the larger the space the conducting energy needs to jump. The more jumps it has to do, the more energy is loses.

It's a similar principle to why sound waves carry a longer distance through water than air.
Last edited by Desghidorah on Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Is there any official source that states whether or not Burning Godzilla (Legendary) can use his atomic breath? And if so, whether or not it would be more powerful than normal?

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:38 pm Is there any official source that states whether or not Burning Godzilla (Legendary) can use his atomic breath? And if so, whether or not it would be more powerful than normal?
There is no official source, however, him using the Atomic Ray while Burning is allowed in the KWC. And yes it is more powerful than normal, much more powerful.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Can certain characters be written in a match as different from their on-screen media appearances (at least to a certain degree)?

Example: Have a match with Professor Nikaido from The Mysterious Dinosaur Base but portray him as a much mellower, non-malevolent scientist rather than the generic cackling, shaking "mad-scientist" he appeared as?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:31 pm Can certain characters be written in a match as different from their on-screen media appearances (at least to a certain degree)?

Example: Have a match with Professor Nikaido from The Mysterious Dinosaur Base but portray him as a much mellower, non-malevolent scientist rather than the generic cackling, shaking "mad-scientist" he appeared as?
I'd say so long as it makes sense for the character change--because imo, I don't think you need to have it be just this one character again and again. Mix it up, have fun with it. ;)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

If Ultraman is defeated in battle and reverts back to human form, is Ultraman dead?

Or can he lose and revert back to Shin Hayata, but in the future Ultraman can battle again?
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:19 pm If Ultraman is defeated in battle and reverts back to human form, is Ultraman dead?

Or can he lose and revert back to Shin Hayata, but in the future Ultraman can battle again?
If he isn't dead dead, he can come back. Like if he wasn't frozen and cut up into pieces, turned into a statue, left behind as a color timer, flattened out like a deflated balloon, or just laying on the ground dead with his human host either dead with him or on the side, He can probably come back later on. You just need another person like Seven to come along and fix him up if he is in any of the previously stated states of death.
Last edited by Nagoda on Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:19 pm If Ultraman is defeated in battle and reverts back to human form, is Ultraman dead?

Ultras running out of time generally makes them go back to human form, and damage dealt to them makes the timer go down faster, however an Ultra can be killed, causing the human form to be taken out in the process, see his battle with Zetton.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWCE Administrator

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Is it possible to have Kiryu be possessesed by another spirit?

Or in other words, can I bullshit a way with the 1954 spirit and spiritual mumbo jumbo to make Kiryu pseudo-GMK Godzilla?

Thought it would be a fitting combatant for the Godzilla showdown I'm working on....

RIP Evan.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Since Showa Godzilla's being added to the roster, could Kiryu be built around his skeleton?
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:47 pm Since Showa Godzilla's being added to the roster, could Kiryu be built around his skeleton?
I heard that this was okay by Nagoda so i'd say so!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!