K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by KaijuX »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:47 pm Since Showa Godzilla's being added to the roster, could Kiryu be built around his skeleton?
Yes, I remember that one being given the authorization. My personal justification is that, while it's not G'54 specifically, other material like the IDW comics often have workarounds for the idea (like X-ray scan blueprints, or just engineered by G-Cells). That said, it's best to be G'54 unless stated otherwise (like with Matches 296 and 121).
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Given how White Rodan is allowed on the KWC; can she use a uranium heat beam?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:38 am Given how White Rodan is allowed on the KWC; can she use a uranium heat beam?
No
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

Am I allowed to refer to Showa Godzilla as Gigantis?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Given the Mondo Island in The King Kong Show is basically a cartoony version of 1933's Skull Island, could we have beasts from that film inhabiting it?

Not so much as opponents, more like if I write Zilla vs King Kong (Showa) on Mondo, can I have HEAT menaced by Pteranodons, Stegosaurus, and that weird dragon thing from Son of Kong?

RIP Evan.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:13 pm Given the Mondo Island in The King Kong Show is basically a cartoony version of 1933's Skull Island, could we have beasts from that film inhabiting it?

Not so much as opponents, more like if I write Zilla vs King Kong (Showa) on Mondo, can I have HEAT menaced by Pteranodons, Stegosaurus, and that weird dragon thing from Son of Kong?
Something to populate the island with? I don't think there's too much harm in that, imo. Mondo Island leaves much to be desired in terms of population... I guess Faro does as well, by that extension. So long as they aren't the main highlight or what have you, I like to see it as a nod to TKKS (which I'm sure is the intention).
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

CommanderPhoenix wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:53 pm Am I allowed to refer to Showa Godzilla as Gigantis?
Yes! Totally fine with nicknames to monsters being used. If you are using the name, ensure its explained or connected to the original film and remember, you are using THAT version of Godzilla (Showa). So, no flying, pulse, or martial arts. :lol:
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

So on Obsidius' Powers, it says something about absorbing Essence? What does that mean?
Greyshot151 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:01 pm Yes! Totally fine with nicknames to monsters being used. If you are using the name, ensure its explained or connected to the original film and remember, you are using THAT version of Godzilla (Showa). So, no flying, pulse, or martial arts. :lol:
Good to know! So Gigantis would only have his claws, tail, teeth, brute strength, and Atomic Breath, correct? He hadn't shown any great regeneration in his fight with Anguirus.
Last edited by CommanderPhoenix on Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

CommanderPhoenix wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:49 pm So on Obsidius' Powers, it says something about absorbing Essence? What does that mean?
It’s from the PS3 version of Godzilla Unleashed, where Obsidius’ moveset was cloned from Orga because the game devs were lazy. Quoting from the TK bio on Obsidius:

“A strategic technique with bizarre properties. While grappling a monster, Obsidius can absorb certain properties of his opponent, depending on if they are living or non-living - if organic, Obsidius steals some of their life force and heals himself; if a machine, Obsidius saps some of their energy to replenish his own stamina.”
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:02 pm

It’s from the PS3 version of Godzilla Unleashed, where Obsidius’ moveset was cloned from Orga because the game devs were lazy. Quoting from the TK bio on Obsidius:

“A strategic technique with bizarre properties. While grappling a monster, Obsidius can absorb certain properties of his opponent, depending on if they are living or non-living - if organic, Obsidius steals some of their life force and heals himself; if a machine, Obsidius saps some of their energy to replenish his own stamina.”
Ok, so it's more like what Monsterverse Ghidorah does than what Orga himself does, ironically.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Greyshot151 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:01 pm So, no flying, pulse, or martial arts. :lol:
Wait, Showa Godzilla can use the Pulse?
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:40 am
Greyshot151 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:01 pm So, no flying, pulse, or martial arts. :lol:
Either Grey means the magnetic move from vs MG or when he could use the pulse in Battle Legends.

RIP Evan.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:46 am
Either Grey means the magnetic move from vs MG or when he could use the pulse in Battle Legends.
Oh I totally meant magnetic pulse. Apologies there!
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Greyshot151 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:09 am
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:46 am
Oh I totally meant magnetic pulse. Apologies there!
Do remember that Showa Godzilla did use a nuclear pulse in the PS4 Godzilla game.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

SeñorMFT
Young Farmer

Post by SeñorMFT »

What exactly are the specific conditions for Kiryu to enter berserk mode?

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

SeñorMFT wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:12 am What exactly are the specific conditions for Kiryu to enter berserk mode?
From the movie, Godzilla's roar would cause memories to run through the mind of Kiryu which would then lead to the berserk state.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

SeñorMFT
Young Farmer

Post by SeñorMFT »

HillyHulk wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:41 am
SeñorMFT wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:12 am What exactly are the specific conditions for Kiryu to enter berserk mode?
From the movie, Godzilla's roar would cause memories to run through the mind of Kiryu which would then lead to the berserk state.
Thanks for the reply. So no other external factors could cause it due to Godzilla's roar being the only known cause from the films?

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

SeñorMFT wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:48 am
HillyHulk wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:41 am
Thanks for the reply. So no other external factors could cause it due to Godzilla's roar being the only known cause from the films?
As far as I know, no there can not.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Could we use Dagon as an 'alt. skin' for MV Godzilla?
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:18 pm Could we use Dagon as an 'alt. skin' for MV Godzilla?
That's more than fine. Match can refer to him as Dagon all the way through, he's just going to be labeled as "Godzilla (Legendary)" for formality's sake.

Pair of kings.