K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Gigantis wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:49 pm Sooo i just got word that Greyshot's apparently pretty strict on what we can do with Reiwa Godzilla's evolution stuff. So what are the limits for Shin exactly? Because i was gonna have him
Spoiler:
grow wings to counter Rhiahn's flight powers in my match
but i guess that's not allowed.
From what I can gather, act like Toho itself is breathing down your neck. Don’t stray too far from “Godzilla”.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Question.

I’m currently writing a match with Heisei Godzilla and was wondering if we could depict him with the 2002/2003 design? No changes to the powers or anything, just the description of his appearance and the look on the banner.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Jermobooka wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:30 am Question.

I’m currently writing a match with Heisei Godzilla and was wondering if we could depict him with the 2002/2003 design? No changes to the powers or anything, just the description of his appearance and the look on the banner.
No, unfortunately. Kiryu Saga Godzilla is Kiryu Saga Godzilla, design and all. Heisei Godzilla is Heisei Godzilla. No millennium Godzillas allowed in any way shape or form.

Added in 53 seconds:
Side note: millennium Godzillas can make brief cameos in matches as long as they never affect anything to do with the match.

That’s it.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Jermobooka wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:30 am Question.

I'd be inclined to what ShinGojira14 said. I semi-understand from the logic of the IDW stuff, but given that Godzilla the Ongoing and ROE are still separate series' (despite being connected), it still wouldn't count. That said, characterization for Heisei being KiryuGoji is all right (KiryuGoji pretty vanilla, so I don't see the harm), just don't have the appearance of KiryuGoji.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Taking influence from Godzilla (PS4) and (from what I've heard) Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters, is it okay to portray Heisei MechaGodzilla as a mobile and capable melee fighter instead of solely a Heisei beam-spammer?

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:21 pm Taking influence from Godzilla (PS4) and (from what I've heard) Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters, is it okay to portray Heisei MechaGodzilla as a mobile and capable melee fighter instead of solely a Heisei beam-spammer?
Taking influence from PS4 is absolutely fine, I don’t know about Kingdom of Monsters, but going with the PS4 depiction of a slow but strong melee fighter is A-Ok.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:21 pm Taking influence from Godzilla (PS4) and (from what I've heard) Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters, is it okay to portray Heisei MechaGodzilla as a mobile and capable melee fighter instead of solely a Heisei beam-spammer?
I do not think there is any opposition in having Heisei MG as a melee-combatant, so long as it feels in-character. As long as he isn't doing Atari-Pipeworks stunts, you should be fine.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

KaijuX wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:59 pm
I do not think there is any opposition in having Heisei MG as a melee-combatant, so long as it feels in-character. As long as he isn't doing Atari-Pipeworks stunts, you should be fine.
Oh yeah, definitely no Atari. He'd be absurdly unstoppable.

GodzillaFan8889
GPN Volunteer

Post by GodzillaFan8889 »

For some possible Biollante characterization: what exactly is Biollante's relation to Erika? Right now I'm planning to write Erika as a soul that is sort of "trapped" inside Bio, but I'm not entirely sure if that's the right way to write something like that.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

GodzillaFan8889 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:54 pm For some possible Biollante characterization: what exactly is Biollante's relation to Erika? Right now I'm planning to write Erika as a soul that is sort of "trapped" inside Bio, but I'm not entirely sure if that's the right way to write something like that.
From what seems to be insinuated, Biollante is its own unique organism, but retains Erika's memories despite not actually "being" Erika.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Can both Showa and Millennium Kamacuras be used in the same match together?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:03 pm Can both Showa and Millennium Kamacuras be used in the same match together?
Yes they can! They just have to adhere to their respective powers, but otherwise both can appear in a match at the same time.

Pair of kings.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I feel like this has been asked before, but what are the limits on comedy on K.W.C matches? Goliath vs. Red King: Round 2 is uh.. well, i don't wanna say a full blown cartoon episode but it does have a pretty big comedic edge to it. (I based the fights scenes of the chicken fights from Family Guy, A.K.A the last remaining good thing about the show.. yes, really) BUT, i wanna make sure i don't take it too far with the comedic side. Most of the humor comes less from actual jokes from the human cast and just how.. absurd the fight gets i guess?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Gigantis wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:52 am I feel like this has been asked before, but what are the limits on comedy on K.W.C matches? Goliath vs. Red King: Round 2 is uh.. well, i don't wanna say a full blown cartoon episode but it does have a pretty big comedic edge to it. (I based the fights scenes of the chicken fights from Family Guy, A.K.A the last remaining good thing about the show.. yes, really) BUT, i wanna make sure i don't take it too far with the comedic side. Most of the humor comes less from actual jokes from the human cast and just how.. absurd the fight gets i guess?
You should be fine, just don’t go full cartoony bullshit and it should be good.
KWCE Administrator

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

What exactly is the origin of Greater Rathalos? I understand that the Ancient Civilization "made" him, but was he born a Greater Rathalos, or did they do something to a normal Rathalos?

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

CommanderPhoenix wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:33 am What exactly is the origin of Greater Rathalos? I understand that the Ancient Civilization "made" him, but was he born a Greater Rathalos, or did they do something to a normal Rathalos?
It’s never really said, the assumption due to how the Ancient Civilization usually functions in the games’ lore is that they altered a normal Rathalos.
KWCE Administrator

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Slight spoilers for a match-in-progress here, but would this situation count as a win or a tie?

Monster A, Monster B, and Monster C all fight. Monster C is killed and Monster A is about to kill Monster B, but realizes Monster B is an ally. Monster A leaves, with Monster B badly wounded but alive/dying depending on how I edit the ending.

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:29 pm Slight spoilers for a match-in-progress here, but would this situation count as a win or a tie?

Monster A, Monster B, and Monster C all fight. Monster C is killed and Monster A is about to kill Monster B, but realizes Monster B is an ally. Monster A leaves, with Monster B badly wounded but alive/dying depending on how I edit the ending.
It all depends on how it’s framed in the match itself, and at the end of the day, just put “Winner: Monster A” or “Draw” at the end of the match when you send it in, and that’s the outcome.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWCE Administrator

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:52 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:29 pm Slight spoilers for a match-in-progress here, but would this situation count as a win or a tie?

It all depends on how it’s framed in the match itself, and at the end of the day, just put “Winner: Monster A” or “Draw” at the end of the match when you send it in, and that’s the outcome.
Hmmmm, ok! I'll label it a draw then because Monster B techincally got a moral victory ;). Thanks GVR!

RIP Evan.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

Two questions this time: one, for my dibbed match, is Magular a carnivore or an herbivore? He won't be fighting, obviously, but I'd hate to write him as eating trees when he should be eating Pigmon, or vise versa.
Two, since GMK Ghidorah is apparently an immature Yamato no Orochi, are we allowed to write him as a juvenile version of Orochi(Heisei)?
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:51 am
CommanderPhoenix wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:33 am What exactly is the origin of Greater Rathalos? I understand that the Ancient Civilization "made" him, but was he born a Greater Rathalos, or did they do something to a normal Rathalos?
It’s never really said, the assumption due to how the Ancient Civilization usually functions in the games’ lore is that they altered a normal Rathalos.
That makes sense. Thanks friend!