K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

So, what are the limits on Kong's sign language? Just a couple of choice words or can I write dialogue for the monkey?

RIP Evan.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:18 am So, what are the limits on Kong's sign language? Just a couple of choice words or can I write dialogue for the monkey?
I would limit it to Kong only able to sign one word at a time.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

SoggyNoodles2016

MoarCrossovers wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:00 am
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:18 am So, what are the limits on Kong's sign language? Just a couple of choice words or can I write dialogue for the monkey?
I would limit it to Kong only able to sign one word at a time.
Thankfully that was my plan :P

Good to know!

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Quick question about Legendary Kong's powers.. what the heck is the Quake Slam? I don't remember what that ability is and i don't really have the time to re-watch Kong: Skull Island or Godzilla vs. Kong right now.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:09 pm Quick question about Legendary Kong's powers.. what the heck is the Quake Slam? I don't remember what that ability is and i don't really have the time to re-watch Kong: Skull Island or Godzilla vs. Kong right now.
Quake Slam is the thing he does where... He slams you to bits. :lol: Specifically, it's done against the Warbats (beating them to death) and I'd like to imagine as an intimidation tactic before he fights Godzilla.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

SoggyNoodles2016

Brought thus up in KWCE but thought I'd ask here: Can we have non MV Ghidorahs make up Mechagodzilla 21?

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:00 am Brought thus up in KWCE but thought I'd ask here: Can we have non MV Ghidorahs make up Mechagodzilla 21?
No.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I've been trying to get my remaster of Zilla vs. Godzilla (Heisei) done for months at this point, and now i'm starting to wonder if the entire plot i've made about it makes any sense. Is it possible that Atlantis could come back out from the sea? When i was first writing the match i based that one off Godzilla: Double Smash but this version of Atlantis is supposed to be based off the Gamera version and i think that one's entirely wrecked.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Is it okay to use the scrapped concept of blue Burning Godzilla (Legendary)?

"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:18 pm Is it okay to use the scrapped concept of blue Burning Godzilla (Legendary)?

Well, we had green Burning Godzilla in Match 275, so it shouldn't be an issue, provided there is context/a good reason for the alternative colour.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

What are the limits on monster origins? Could I write Mechanikong as a GDF mech, as long as I kept Dr. Who as the original designer?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

CommanderPhoenix wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:23 pm What are the limits on monster origins? Could I write Mechanikong as a GDF mech, as long as I kept Dr. Who as the original designer?
It's circumstantial, though in my mind, so long as the original material is referenced, I think we can play loose. So for your example, I'd be okay with MK being a GDF mech so long as it referenced being built off of or from the original Dr. Who version. ;) Especially considering that Mechani-Kong is, in essence, just a mech; the only thing dictating its actions are the controller who wields him.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Let's say one writes a match with Millennium Baragon taking influence from the Godzilla: Rulers of Earth and using his fire breath/magma heat ray.

Is it okay to still refer to it as "magma heat ray", due to more or less functioning the same? I personally feel that "fire breath" just sounds far less cool, but I'd rather get the greenlight first before actually using the term.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:16 pm Let's say one writes a match with Millennium Baragon taking influence from the Godzilla: Rulers of Earth and using his fire breath/magma heat ray.

Is it okay to still refer to it as "magma heat ray", due to more or less functioning the same? I personally feel that "fire breath" just sounds far less cool, but I'd rather get the greenlight first before actually using the term.
I guess that's all right? The differentiation between the names was my call when drafting the Combatant Statistics for GMK Baragon, though Greyshot did suggest calling it Magma Heat Ray at first. So unless he swoops in and says otherwise, I suppose it's all right.

Pair of kings.

Benn_Sonic_exe
Monsterland Worker

Post by Benn_Sonic_exe »

I saw on the statistics that apparently Legendary Godzilla can only use his nuclear pulse after his spines are destroyed, is that right? I don't remember him using the pulse in the movie where he fought Kong, and I haven't seen King Of The Monsters since it first came out so I barely remember what happened, but I don't remember his spines getting destroyed during it? It just seems like a bit of an odd specific thing.
AKA Jamie.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Benn_Sonic_exe wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:12 am I saw on the statistics that apparently Legendary Godzilla can only use his nuclear pulse after his spines are destroyed, is that right? I don't remember him using the pulse in the movie where he fought Kong, and I haven't seen King Of The Monsters since it first came out so I barely remember what happened, but I don't remember his spines getting destroyed during it? It just seems like a bit of an odd specific thing.
It's an ability from Godzilla Aftershocks, the graphic novel tie-in to KotM.

SpacemanSpiff106
Young Farmer

Post by SpacemanSpiff106 »

I’m working on a match with Monsterverse Mechagodzilla, and I was wondering if I could depict him with his own conscience? Or do I have to depict him as Ghidorah?

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

SpacemanSpiff106 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:48 pm I’m working on a match with Monsterverse Mechagodzilla, and I was wondering if I could depict him with his own conscience? Or do I have to depict him as Ghidorah?
Going off the novel, he was sort of his own being, formed by Ghidorah’s own immense hatred spanning millenia, some of Ren’s consciousness due to a feedback loop before that got erased, and the AI that was supposed to help with the feedback between Ren and the skulls mutating from the data formed by the Hollow Earth Energy. Here’s a snippet from the Novel for when Mechagodzilla is activated with the Hollow Earth Energy that might help.
He put on the helmet and started the link-in. He felt the life-energy, waiting. No, not waiting, multiplying. Like living cells. And the artificial intelligence was going nuts, pouring out packets of nonsense information, swamping the system. And the skull itself—it seemed to be pulsing in rhythm with his heartbeat. Not just pulsing, but shrinking, closing in on him—but no, that wasn’t it. He was growing larger as the cells multiplied. Filling it up, merging with the bone itself. He felt the connection establish, felt his will begin to filter over to the other skull, the control mechanisms of his Gojira, expanding all the while, filling it up, too. But it suddenly wasn’t one way anymore. It was not just him entering the machine—something was also entering him, oscillating, a feedback loop between his own consciousness and the AI. He felt a million years of rage rising in him, hatred that transcended time and space. He felt as if he was sinking into it, dissolving, as another mind full of terrible, alien thoughts began to take his place. He tried to take the helmet off, but he couldn’t feel his hands. He opened his eyes and realized he was in the Mecha, staring at Simmons through the glass. But when he tried to move the mechanical hands, they wouldn’t move either. At least not when he wanted them to. But the Mecha was moving; the other was moving it, and as it did so, Ren’s field of vision began to shrink, pixilating at the edges. Images flashed in staccato bursts, recognizable for an instant, then gone. He saw a shadow in the distance, a man. Dad? Daddy? The man looked back at him and smiled, then he, too, broke apart, and the thing that called himself Ren was gone, and it had arrived. It did not know who it was, or what it was, but it was full of rage and the black joy of finally being, and having limbs, and teeth, a boundless, unending energy at its command. It saw everything as a blur, but as the one known as Ren died, its vision sharpened. It felt its hands, its legs, its fins, everything. And it saw a shape, a tiny shape, staring at it from behind a clear wall. One that believed they controlled it.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

SpacemanSpiff106
Young Farmer

Post by SpacemanSpiff106 »

Thanks, this excerpt was exactly what I was picturing for MechaGodzilla, a confused AI fueled by an unknown rage.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Sooo i just got word that Greyshot's apparently pretty strict on what we can do with Reiwa Godzilla's evolution stuff. So what are the limits for Shin exactly? Because i was gonna have him
Spoiler:
grow wings to counter Rhiahn's flight powers in my match
but i guess that's not allowed.