K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

CommanderPhoenix wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:56 pm Two questions this time: one, for my dibbed match, is Magular a carnivore or an herbivore? He won't be fighting, obviously, but I'd hate to write him as eating trees when he should be eating Pigmon, or vise versa.
He's never shown eating anything on screen so I'd see no issues with it.
Two, since GMK Ghidorah is apparently an immature Yamato no Orochi, are we allowed to write him as a juvenile version of Orochi(Heisei)?
Asked this before for reverse (Orochi as Adult GMK Ghidorah) and regrettably, no, we aren't. At least we have the boy himself now.

RIP Evan.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:10 pm
CommanderPhoenix wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:56 pm Two questions this time: one, for my dibbed match, is Magular a carnivore or an herbivore? He won't be fighting, obviously, but I'd hate to write him as eating trees when he should be eating Pigmon, or vise versa.
Two, since GMK Ghidorah is apparently an immature Yamato no Orochi, are we allowed to write him as a juvenile version of Orochi(Heisei)?
Asked this before for reverse (Orochi as Adult GMK Ghidorah) and regrettably, no, we aren't. At least we have the boy himself now.
Ok, thanks. A bit of a shame that I can't write GMK Ghidorah vs Cretaceous King Ghidorah then sequel with Orochi vs GKG, but I understand why it's not allowed.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:10 pm Two, since GMK Ghidorah is apparently an immature Yamato no Orochi, are we allowed to write him as a juvenile version of Orochi(Heisei)?
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:10 pm Asked this before for reverse (Orochi as Adult GMK Ghidorah) and regrettably, no, we aren't. At least we have the boy himself now.
I am here to dash such claims!

So... I do believe in a more recent discussion, it is all right to have GMK Ghidorah be an off-shoot of Orochi (Heisei). Heisei Orochi cannot be adult GMK Ghidorah, but GMK Ghidorah can be a derivative of Orochi (since that connection, while very loose, is there; plus, theoretically speaking, we have no clue how Orochi's severed limbs would function... Beyond "teeth wizards").

However, on the topic, you cannot have GKG spawn Cretaceous Ghidorah. Since he's cloning himself from the pieces, they would be the same "age" as the limb that was severed. So the wing Armor Mothra severed would produce a GKG, not a Cretaceous Ghidorah. But you can have Cretaceous just be a younger member of the GKG species that arrives on Earth at a later point.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

SoggyNoodles2016

KaijuX wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:32 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:10 pm Two, since GMK Ghidorah is apparently an immature Yamato no Orochi, are we allowed to write him as a juvenile version of Orochi(Heisei)?
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:10 pm Asked this before for reverse (Orochi as Adult GMK Ghidorah) and regrettably, no, we aren't. At least we have the boy himself now.
I am here to dash such claims!

So... I do believe in a more recent discussion, it is all right to have GMK Ghidorah be an off-shoot of Orochi (Heisei). Heisei Orochi cannot be adult GMK Ghidorah, but GMK Ghidorah can be a derivative of Orochi (since that connection, while very loose, is there; plus, theoretically speaking, we have no clue how Orochi's severed limbs would function... Beyond "teeth wizards").
Oh, ok. I was focusing on Adult Ghidorah so that makes more sense.

How does it work, does it have to be a vague Orochi or can it be Heisei (you might have answered, bit confused by the wording)

RIP Evan.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:06 pmOh, ok. I was focusing on Adult Ghidorah so that makes more sense.

How does it work, does it have to be a vague Orochi or can it be Heisei (you might have answered, bit confused by the wording)
I’m pretty sure he meant that GMK can come from a piece of Heisei Orochi. Say a head comes off and that head eventually morphs into and grows to become GMK. GMK however, can no longer return to being an Orochi, as Orochi himself is a God, the same way one of Orochi’s teeth became a wizard dedicated to bringing back his master. It is just an offshoot, kinda like with Earth and the Servum.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:10 pm
now.
Plus since Magular is modified from Baragon, being Carnivore makes sense and being carnivorous adds to that brutality of the Lawless Monster Zone.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

SoggyNoodles2016

So while they can't be opponents,
Spoiler:
would it be possible to use the Kumonga and Rodan from SP as human sized opponents?

Because I could easily see them being introduced in an Ultima match and menacing the human cast as they deal with Godzilla himself.

Maybe even a little monster fighting? Like Godzilla Legendary and Mothra vs Ultima and Mothra gets mobbed by Kumongas when she stops to help some humans but they don't kill her, just hold her up so she can't help LPG?

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:30 pm So while they can't be opponents,
Spoiler:
would it be possible to use the Kumonga and Rodan from SP as human sized opponents?

Because I could easily see them being introduced in an Ultima match and menacing the human cast as they deal with Godzilla himself.

Maybe even a little monster fighting? Like Godzilla Legendary and Mothra vs Ultima and Mothra gets mobbed by Kumongas when she stops to help some humans but they don't kill her, just hold her up so she can't help LPG?
Absolutely fine.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Is it ever explained why Godzilla and Mothra in Final Wars didn't have the M-Base? I know neither are in the KWC, but it might matter with Xilien mind control on other monsters, like the Monsterverse Titans or Gamera.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

CommanderPhoenix wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:06 am Is it ever explained why Godzilla and Mothra in Final Wars didn't have the M-Base? I know neither are in the KWC, but it might matter with Xilien mind control on other monsters, like the Monsterverse Titans or Gamera.
GFW Mothra's in the KWC, she's just merged with the SOS Mothra. ;) That said, the rest of the monsters the Xiliens had pre-emptively infused M-Base into the other monsters. Godzilla (and I suppose by extension, Mothra) was just off their radar and didn't realize they existed.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

SoggyNoodles2016

Building on this, could we have a match where Mothra breaks a M-Base kaiju out of their control ala Ozaki and the dagger?

RIP Evan.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:20 am Building on this, could we have a match where Mothra breaks a M-Base kaiju out of their control ala Ozaki and the dagger?
Yeah, no harm in that. ;) Though I can only imagine her wielding six tiny daggers. :lol:

Pair of kings.

SoggyNoodles2016

KaijuX wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:32 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:20 am Building on this, could we have a match where Mothra breaks a M-Base kaiju out of their control ala Ozaki and the dagger?
Yeah, no harm in that. ;) Though I can only imagine her wielding six tiny daggers. :lol:
And now I can only imagine her stabbing a kaiju with one, it gets free, Xillien take control again, and then it goes on and on like a Looney Tunes skit.

...welp, I got the next parody.

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So i'm kinda having a crisis with Goliath vs. Red King: Round 2.

With today's match, i criticized that it kinda dragged itself out with the human cast compared to other characterized matches... and then i realized i was having the opposite problem with my own. I put in four major human characters, a bunch of side human characters, and i have done almost like.. nothing with them. And i also realized that the phase for the fight i'm at right now is dragging out too long.

What should i do?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Gigantis wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:35 pm So i'm kinda having a crisis with Goliath vs. Red King: Round 2.

With today's match, i criticized that it kinda dragged itself out with the human cast compared to other characterized matches... and then i realized i was having the opposite problem with my own. I put in four major human characters, a bunch of side human characters, and i have done almost like.. nothing with them. And i also realized that the phase for the fight i'm at right now is dragging out too long.

What should i do?
How many of these human characters can you cut without needing to drastically overhaul things? Simplicity is usually best, especially with a match that from what I can tell doesn’t exactly need a complex storyline.

As for the phase of the fight dragging on too long, either cut out unnecessary bits or just wrap it up ASAP. Not every match needs to go on for a million words. Better to have something conclude quickly than to have it drag on to the point of boredom.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:58 pm How many of these human characters can you cut without needing to drastically overhaul things? Simplicity is usually best, especially with a match that from what I can tell doesn’t exactly need a complex storyline.

As for the phase of the fight dragging on too long, either cut out unnecessary bits or just wrap it up ASAP. Not every match needs to go on for a million words. Better to have something conclude quickly than to have it drag on to the point of boredom.
Most of the Gotengo crew could probably just be silent cameos. Come to think about it, i'm not really too sure why i even gave most of them a ton of dialogue..

And yeah, i think i'm gonna cut out a couple portions of the fight and then move on. The next portion's a lot juicier anyway.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Alright, so Match 341 pretty much was the catalyst for having distributed anime can be in the K.W.C. I was thinking of actually making a match set in one of those worlds, more specifically Akira or FLCL. (Although i can't find the latter's page on the main TK site, pls help) What would be the limits on them... well, beyond just reusing their stories and doing nothing new with them. :lol:

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Gigantis wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:30 pm Alright, so Match 341 pretty much was the catalyst for having distributed anime can be in the K.W.C. I was thinking of actually making a match set in one of those worlds, more specifically Akira or FLCL. (Although i can't find the latter's page on the main TK site, pls help) What would be the limits on them... well, beyond just reusing their stories and doing nothing new with them. :lol:
The only anime I can really think of that have been hard-set “you cannot use these at all” so far are Pokémon, Animal Crossing, and MHA. Akira is completely fine, go nuts with everything from it (except if you try to make a psychic a Jaeger Titan, that is absolutely not allowed), and that’s the general rule for stuff we can use. FLCL I don’t know well enough to know if it’d be allowed, but the general rule seems to be that as long as it isn’t too difficult to mesh with the Godzilla series it’s alright.
KWCE Administrator

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

I am fully aware Eva-01 isn't finalized yet, so hold these questions until it's set in stone.
Will aspects from the TV show be able to be used for her or is it Rebuilds only?
Are the Berserk and Awakening forms being considered different or the same? Are those forms being allowed?
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:38 pm The only anime I can really think of that have been hard-set “you cannot use these at all” so far are Pokémon, Animal Crossing, and MHA.
Wait, Toho did the Animal Crossing movie? That's hilarious, and gives me some ideas for the KWCE.