The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
godjacob
Futurian

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by godjacob »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:49 am
godjacob wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:43 am
ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:24 am
Spoiler:
This match was awesome! A great continuation of LPG vs Bemular, with a brutally dark ending to boot. Things are not looking very bright for the side of good in this universe…
Also, three years!

It’s hard to believe it’s been three years since there was officially no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. It only feels like yesterday.
Context? For someone who probably missed this period
Look at the comments section on Match 259.
Ahhh, okay I get the idea.

And hey could be worst. Could've been Monster X at peak "shit on him cause we hate FW" phase of KWC.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

New match was pretty fun. Looking forward to where the story goes from here.

Banner’s great, love how dynamic it is.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:49 am
godjacob wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:43 am
ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:24 am
Spoiler:
This match was awesome! A great continuation of LPG vs Bemular, with a brutally dark ending to boot. Things are not looking very bright for the side of good in this universe…
Also, three years!

It’s hard to believe it’s been three years since there was officially no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. It only feels like yesterday.
Context? For someone who probably missed this period

Look at the comments section on Match 259.
I mean, really?

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Could anyone proof read a match and give it any criticisms for me?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Dunkeeni wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:05 am Could anyone proof read a match and give it any criticisms for me?
PM it to me.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Greetings everyone,

I have a bit of an announcement that like my predecessor before me, I am being 100% serious about.

I am hereby officially stepping down as the head of the K.W.C.

Effective 5/31/22, I'll be stepping down as Operations Manager for the K.W.C., for at least the next six months. I've been feeling severe burnout after seven and a half years, so I'm going to take a step back. If I feel rejuvenated after my leave, I may return, but I'll hold off on any definite statements until the end of the year.

What does this mean? Well to get the obvious out of the way, this will not impact the release schedule, the email, or anything related to the K.W.C. We actually plan our matches and events many months in advance, so you shouldn't see any change in the near future. With my departure, I'm happy to say that KaijuX and GvR will be running the ship for the foreseeable future as co-managers.

While I'll still be in touch for both of them, all that I can say is, best of luck Andrew & Matt, take good care of her.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Greyshot151 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:05 am Greetings everyone,

I have a bit of an announcement that like my predecessor before me, I am being 100% serious about.

Effective 5/31/22, I'll be stepping down as Operations Manager for the K.W.C., for at least the next six months. I've been feeling severe burnout after seven and a half years, so I'm going to take a step back. If I feel rejuvenated after my leave, I may return, but I'll hold off on any definite statements until the end of the year.

What does this mean? Well to get the obvious out of the way, this will not impact the release schedule, the email, or anything related to the K.W.C. We actually plan our matches and events many months in advance, so you shouldn't see any change in the near future. With my departure, I'm happy to say that KaijuX and GvR will be running the ship for the foreseeable future as co-managers.

While I'll still be in touch for both of them, all that I can say is, best of luck Andrew & Matt, take good care of her.
Dude, seven years of doing all of this is incredibly skreoonking impressive. If you retire, just know that you did incredibly well as K.W.C leadership and that we are forever grateful for it. :)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Do whatever you need to take care of yourself, man. We’re all rooting for you.

In the meantime, congratulations to GvR and KaijuX! :applause:
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

I promise me and KaijuX won’t burn this down. Not too quickly at least, lol.

Jokes aside, enjoy your vacation Greyshot, you deserve it, and immense thanks to KaijuX and him for choosing me as the second in command while this occurs. I am immensely honored to be in this position, I would have never guessed when I first joined this community that I’d be here one day.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

I told Andrew this before, but wherever I go on whatever servers I'm on, whenever people bring up the KWC, it's nothing but positive reactions or recommendations. There're discussions of other sites with less than ideal types of fanfics out there, but here, the representation of the monsters, combined with the creativity, turns heads. The hard work these last few years has not been overlooked! Likewise, while I'm incredibly picky with the matches I read, the ones I do are never a letdown.

Hoping the break does you plenty of good!! :)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Indeed. It's insane it's been going on for this long, and part of me feels like it would've been forever. :lol: But nevertheless, we hope to maintain the ship while he's out--and hoping that Greyshot gets the much needed break he deserves. But I am joyous and happy to be the new KWC head and hopefully help in giving the KWC a course to new and interesting territory... Without burning the whole thing down. :lol: But hey, we've gotten this far, and to say the least I think we can go further beyond!
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Over Seven years of dealing with everyone’s shit all the time, he deserves this break. Hope you enjoy your break man.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Take however much time you need, man. You deserve the rest.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Yay, Kamacuras is back! It's so nice to see them again!
Spoiler:
A pretty good match overall. It's got a good sense of mystery and horror to it, and the action sequences are nice.

The banner.. Ehh, no offense to Nagoda but I think this is one of his weaker endeavors. I think it was one of his older ones tho, so I'll let it slide.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

New match was pretty impressive. Always nice to see a post-apocalyptic world in these matches and what monsters are used. Also like Iris being used as a pet.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Pretty fun match. Shows its age, both the match itself and the banner, but still quite enjoyable. Like the post-apocalyptic tale and I’m eager to see where it goes from here. Action was also good, nice tooth and claw with the Kamacuras getting to shine.
KWCE Administrator

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Man this was written years ago in 2018/2019? It looks a lot better than it originally was. Thank you editors for fixing old me’s writing.
_______

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

For an “older” match, this one was really damn good! Out of all the unique places to take the KWC, post-apocalyptic scenarios are some of my favorite concepts to see.

Virgin zombie apocalypse < Gigachad Kaiju apocalypse
Spoiler:
Poor Skullcrawler! He just can’t win anything, can he? It’s probably only a matter of time before he finally snaps and takes on the entire KWC… :lol:
Also, question: does this match take place in the same universe as Godzilla: Cataclysm?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:03 am For an “older” match, this one was really damn good! Out of all the unique places to take the KWC, post-apocalyptic scenarios are some of my favorite concepts to see.

Virgin zombie apocalypse < Gigachad Kaiju apocalypse
Spoiler:
Poor Skullcrawler! He just can’t win anything, can he? It’s probably only a matter of time before he finally snaps and takes on the entire KWC… :lol:
Also, question: does this match take place in the same universe as Godzilla: Cataclysm?
Eh, it was more I wanted to write a match in an apocalypse and Horde Kaiju seemed the way to go. Added in Baby Iris since not many matches have him as a character, so decided to go with Iris eventually growing up in this apocalypse with his priestess in order to shape his views on the world. Plus cute baby snail tentacle abomination is always good.
_______

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Hey everyone! So beginning today (or yesterday I suppose), me and GodzillavsRayquaza will be taking the helm of the KWC. Greyshot's taken the KWC in many amazing directions and deserves to rest after so long; and I hope me and GvR can help expand on that further with new innovations and ideas along the way!

This post will also be a friendly little PSA for monsters that have not been posted to the KWC at this time, but also their respective stats that have been currently drafted. While I am mostly confident in these assessments, I am open to any changes / wording to make it clearer! During Greyshot's break, I'd like to make it a mission statement not just from me, GvR, or the KWC staff, but also for you guys on the forums or even you--yes, you reading this!--a chance to give these fellas a chance to shine! At the very least, I'm hoping that each monster listed has at least one match to their name before the year's end (not that everyone here will appear in the year, because it's a good number of them). Of course, you are not forced to do this, but I'd like this to be an opportunity to get together and get this cleared up! :D

(For ease of scrolling, all the monsters will be kept in a spoiler tag)
Spoiler:
King Ghidorah (Millennium): Holy Guardian Beast 魏怒羅
Height: 98 meters
Mass: 50,000 tons
Powers: Flight; Gravity Beams; Thunder Spark; energy shield; burrowing ability; spirit can instill life energy or temporarily take possession after death

Jet Jaguar (Reiwa): Otaki Factory Mascot ジェットジャガー
Height: 50 meters - 100 meters
Mass: 35,000 tons - 40,000 tons
Powers: Size alteration; Anguirus Spear; Special Anti-Rodan Antennae; harpoon cannon; extraordinary jumper; battery pack; lower torso can be retrofitted as Prototype, Anti-Anguirus Specifications, or Beta-type; twin propeller blades for flight; Orthogonal Diagonalizer; jettison unnecessary parts
(It is fine for JJ to undergo gigantification, so long as the circumstances make sense; 50 meters is for Prototype, 100 meters is for Beta)

Salunga: Bow of Vishnu サルンガ
Height: 84 meters
Mass: 50,000 tons
Powers: Explosive Red Dust; super regeneration; electric current; thick armor; extreme vitality; extraordinary jumper; can completely vanish with Red Dust; produces Red Dust

Anguirus (Reiwa): Precognitive Monster アンギラス
Height: 60 meters
Mass: 60,000 tons
Powers: Future-sight barrier; rapid growth; can completely vanish; clubbed tail

Evangelion Unit-00: Synthetic Humanoid Prototype エヴァンゲリオン零号機
Height: 80 meters
Mass: 35,000 tons
Powers: A.T. Field; Progressive Knife; super regeneration; extraordinary jumper; can be equipped with an assortment of armory and weapons; can be fitted with D-Type, F-Type Airborne Warfare, G-Type, and Aerial Recon S-Type Equipment
Weaknesses: Limited power supply, unless plugged into an umbilical cable; will cease function if core is destroyed

Evangelion Unit-01: Test-Type Battle Weapon エヴァンゲリオン初号機
Powers: A.T. Field; Progressive Knife; super regeneration; extreme speed; extraordinary jumper; can be equipped with an assortment of armory and weapons; can be fitted with D-Type, F-Type Airborne Warfare, G-Type, and Aerial Recon S-Type Equipment; can enter Berserk Mode; can achieve Awakened form with Angel blood
Weaknesses: Limited power supply, unless plugged into an umbilical cable; will cease function if core is destroyed

Evangelion Unit-02: All-Purpose Leading Production Model エヴァンゲリオン弐号機
Powers: A.T. Field; Progressive Knife; super regeneration; Pencil Roc nails from shoulder pylon; extraordinary jumper; can be equipped with an assortment of armory and weapons; can be fitted with D-Type, F-Type Airborne Warfare, G-Type, and Aerial Recon S-Type Equipment; can be upgraded into Unit-02 Beta; can be upgraded into Unit-02 Gamma; can be upgraded into Unit-02 Alpha; can enter Beast Mode; can achieve Awakened form with Angel blood

Sachiel: The Covering of God 第4の使徒
Powers: Energized pistons; optic beams; super regeneration; A.T. Field; adept swimmer; extraordinary jumper; can warp and contort its body; self-destruction
Weaknesses: Cannot survive without the S2 Engine

Zeruel: The Arm of God 第10使徒
Height: 150 meters
Mass: 75,000 tons
Powers: Flight; optic beams; A.T. Field; ribbon-like tentacles; protrusible mouth; consume organic material to materialize a body; rib-like protection over S2 Engine
Weaknesses: Cannot survive without the S2 Engine

Rayquaza: Sky High Pokémon レックウザ
Length: 200 meters (B) | 308 meters (ME)
Mass: 67,000 tons | 127,000 tons
Powers: Flight; space travel; constricting body; Hyper Beam; Ice Beam; Dragon Pulse; Twister; Dragon Ascent; Draco Meteor; Air Lock; able to Mega Evolve

Tiamat: Primordial Serpent of the Deep ティアマト
Length: 400 meters
Mass: 80,000 tons
Powers: Constricting body; sharp scales; adept swimmer; acidic spray; water manipulation

Ultraman Taro: Emissary of Light ウルトラマンタロウ
Height: 100 meters
Mass: 60,000 tons
Powers: Flight; Travel Sphere; Strium Beam / Neo Strium Beam; Ultra Dynamite; Blue Laser; Arrow Beam; Hand Beam; Shooting Beam; Foot Beam; Guts Needle; Beam Shuriken; Taro Cutter; Taro Fire; Fire Dash; Taro Shot; Hand Slash; Ultra V Barrier; teleportation; extraordinary jumper; size alteration; Ultra Willpower; Ultra Charge; Ultra Sign; Super Body; Ultra Spout; Ultra Freezer; Taro Barrier; Push Return Beam; Eye Beam; Ultra Scope; Relive Beam; Cross Beam; Anti-Gravity Beam; Ultra Shower; Extinguishing Fog; Ultra Chain; Growth Stop Beam; Wipe Laser; Taro Bracelet (Bracelet Lancer; Set Beam); King Bracelet (Mouth Ring Tactics; Discharge Ability; Cloning Tactics; Dryer Beam; Red Beam; Revival Ability; Ultra Thawing; Ultra Bucket; Magic Hand; Barrier; Stop Beam; Ultra Lance)
Weaknesses: Limited combat time, unless recharged by solar power; forced back to human-host if the Color Timer goes off; needs Color Timer to survive; Ultra Dynamite recoil

Super-X: Aerial Battle Tank スーパーX
Length: 27 meters (X) | 34 meters (X2) | 38 meters (X3)
Mass: 150 tons | 185 tons | 220 tons
Powers: Flight; Cadmium Missiles; Laser Cannons; missiles; heat resistant layer; flares | Flight; Fire-Mirror; missiles; twin torpedoes; gatling gun; heat resistant layer; submerging capabilities | Flight; Freezer Beam; Cadmium Missiles; heat resistant layer
(All 3 Super-Xs can appear at the same time, like the MUTOs)

Gotengo (Hybrid): Roaring Heavens 轟天号
Length: 150 meters
Mass: 10,000 tons
Powers: Flight; Zero Cannon; bow drill; rotating saw blades; deck cannons; homing missiles; submerging capabilities; burrowing ability; high-voltage current | Flight; Zero Cannon; Maser Cannon; bow drill; Electronic Particle Cannons; homing missiles; submerging capabilities; burrowing ability; can dispatch a Dogfighter for aid
Last edited by KaijuX on Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells