Matches that were/have been hard to write?

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Matches that were/have been hard to write?

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

King Kong vs Gaira has been taking forever for me to write, and because of this I was kinda wondering about the rest of you guys and any matches that took you a long time to write, or about matches you're in the process of writing that seem to have taken forever.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Re: Matches that were/have been hard to write?

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Gigan Vs. Baragon and Rodan(Heisei). It's hard to get the story element i'm working with right and i'm trying not to make it too much like another match I wrote, so it's a bugger.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Desghidorah vs. Grand King Ghidorah. Not only for it being my longest match (Especially when I tend to get writers block a lot and I'm not as good of a writer like those such as Birdman and Tomzilla) yet but thinking of the plot for it and how they end up having their fight take place on Earth's Moon. I eventually finally thought of one and finished it up a while back. Also while it is easy for me to write with Desghidorah. Grand King Ghidorah was kind of hard especially since he lacked arms and all that so I couldn't figure out ways how to have him fight back in close-quarter combat/physical fighting.

I guess Destoroyah vs. Kumasogami as well but that was mostly from how I tried to find a unique/original way to end it.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

The toughest matches, from experience, for me to write are either more story-driven ones or just very long ones. While I could easily just write a random matchup for the sake of it, I personally want to evolve as a narrative storyteller too, so I want there to be some sense of purpose with future matches. Still, it doesn't hurt to do random matches; but I'd rather have it be engaging on some level. ;)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I think Manda matches are really hard to write for due to limited fighting technique, style, and etc.
I'd love for someone to set down and do a REALLY good Manda match
I thought I was pushing it when I turned Manda into a giant cobra in Godzilla 2014 vs Manda, but there's so much more I'm sure you could do!
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:I think Manda matches are really hard to write for due to limited fighting technique, style, and etc.
I'd love for someone to set down and do a REALLY good Manda match
I thought I was pushing it when I turned Manda into a giant cobra in Godzilla 2014 vs Manda, but there's so much more I'm sure you could do!
That is true. Hence why, in my latest match, he isn't sticking around for long.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I know that feel guys. I wrote a Manda match (Which I'll probably rewrite in the future) and like all of you I made the match short due to his limited abilities. Its pretty hard to write with Manda...You'd probably need someone like Tom to have him going.

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Monster X Vs. Krystalak and Obsidius wasn't necessarily hard, but it was difficult to motivate myself to write it. I was in a bit of slump when it came to writing kaiju fights so I don't think of it as my best work. Usually for me the main troubles stem from finding good match ups and procrastination.
Resized Image

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

King Ghidorah (Heisei), Gigan (Showa), Megalon, and Monster X vs. Mecha-King Ghidorah, M.O.G.U.E.R.A, Super MechaGodzilla, and Kiryu has been hard to right because of a combination of me sucking at writing and laziness.
Resized Image

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Godzilla vs Rogue Titan was a challenge, mostly because of scale. I wanted it to be epic and it was hard getting to that
Last edited by Lain Of The Wired on Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Anyone here a fan of the Titans and shin Gojira? I got a match that sets up a cameo and thewhole match revolves around the cameo
I don't like either the Titans or Shin Godzilla, but the match sounds interesting!
Resized Image

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

Destoroyah vs. Gamera (Heisei) vs. Orga was a pain in the butt. I couldn't find any motivation to write for a long time.
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Writing SpaceGodzilla and Destoroyah vs Trilopod has been rough so far, mainly because there’s so many elements to keep track of and it’s been tough not being repetitive with the action.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Gotta say, my Trilopod match hasn't been smooth sailing either. Jumping back and forth between things are tough as nails and i really feel like i'm just going in circles with dialogue..

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Reviving this thread because I'm getting a pretty severe case of this.

I'm enjoying working on Goliath vs. Red King: Round 2, and i definitely plan to get it done just so i can say i contributed to welcoming back Daigoro and Goliath back to the K.W.C.. but good lord, i have been writing this thing for WAY longer than i was expecting. It started good, and i know where i want to go with now, but that came with me having to basically rewrite the entire final act because it really just didn't make any sense, and also cutting bits and pieces of other parts of it because some of it dragged out for too long.
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Reviving this thread again just to say that Gamera (Showa) vs. Gamera (Heisei) has been something of a pain in my tail. I'm certain a decent portion of that is just trying to do the general concept right, but the story itself still feels like it's missing something and I can't quite find out WHAT "something" is beyond an admittedly lackluster buildup to the main battle.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:26 pm Reviving this thread again just to say that Gamera (Showa) vs. Gamera (Heisei) has been something of a pain in my tail. I'm certain a decent portion of that is just trying to do the general concept right, but the story itself still feels like it's missing something and I can't quite find out WHAT "something" is beyond an admittedly lackluster buildup to the main battle.
I hope HillyHulk can help you find that something in time.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:26 pm Reviving this thread again just to say that Gamera (Showa) vs. Gamera (Heisei) has been something of a pain in my tail. I'm certain a decent portion of that is just trying to do the general concept right, but the story itself still feels like it's missing something and I can't quite find out WHAT "something" is beyond an admittedly lackluster buildup to the main battle.
Do you still want my help? You said to take a quick look so I'm not sure if I should keep looking or leave you to it.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

HillyHulk wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:27 am
Do you still want my help? You said to take a quick look so I'm not sure if I should keep looking or leave you to it.
I'm really just thinking about routes the story could go right now. I might get back to you if I still need help.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Finished a Manda match last month, and while I finished it relatively quickly all things considered; I struggled a bit every now and then trying to come up with proper fighting choreography for the dragon. Even looking at snake videos on YouTube didn't help much.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image