The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Moth
G-Grasper

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by Moth »

Sad that Shin is going because of upper management issues. I do like what's taking his spot though....

Spoiler:
what about gore tho
Last edited by Moth on Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Spoiler:
It's just... we don't need Ultima, y'know? Shin Godzilla is the incarnation that ushered us into the current, Reiwa era of Godzilla and I feel like he should remain "the Reiwa Godzilla" on the roster. We can still have plenty of Singular Point representation in the KWC thanks to Jet Jaguar, Salunga, and Anguirus. All getting rid of Shin does is reduce all the Reiwa kaiju to either having come from Singular Point or the MonsterVerse, instead of having a variety of monsters from the entire era, and since we're leaving out the Monster Planet / City on the Edge of Battle / The Planet Eater kaiju (and for good reason), it seems like a poor decision to ignore the only other Reiwa entry with a perfectly good combatant.
ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:30 pm
Spoiler:
Don't scrap it! Just keep writing it, and then send it to the KWCE! We all want to see your ideas!
Spoiler:
The KWCE, as much as I love it, is an unofficial bonus, side thing for if you want to write a match involving Zetton, Barugon, Guilala, Pudgy Pig, or the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. As dumb as it may sound, it doesn't really interest me to write a perfectly good KWC match only to have it shunted aside and seen by a fraction of the people. Yeah, obviously the KWC is unofficial, too, but it's up on the front page of the site. It gets a banner. Tons of people read it. There are probably people who read the KWC that don't even bother with the rest of Toho Kingdom. A KWC match is a completely different beast from a KWCE match.
GigaBowserG wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:55 pm
Spoiler:
All I could picture was The Last Jedi with Rey as Toho and Luke as the KWC tossing Shin over his shoulder...
Spoiler:
"Shin Godzilla deserves more respect."
GigaBowserG wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:55 pm
Spoiler:
Love me some Shin, but ever since it was announced he wouldn't have access to his earlier and later forms, there went most of my interest in him. Stoked to hear Ultima won't have that restriction, and I really look forward to reading some of the creative things people may have in mind for the lesser forms in particular!
Spoiler:
Well, wait, now that I think of it... If Aquatilis/Amphibia/Terrestris are being allowed, why not open things up for Shin Godzilla and allow Kamata-kun and Shinagawa-kun? :? I mean, from what I recall, Amphibia was barely even on screen long enough for someone to ask "Wait, is that Varan...?"
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:54 pm
Spoiler:
Well, wait, now that I think of it... If Aquatilis/Amphibia/Terrestris are being allowed, why not open things up for Shin Godzilla and allow Kamata-kun and Shinagawa-kun? :? I mean, from what I recall, Amphibia was barely even on screen long enough for someone to ask "Wait, is that Varan...?"
Spoiler:
Mostly because all Kamata Kun and Shinagawa Kun could do is this.https://youtu.be/hvO4a_JuYko
Added in 4 minutes 38 seconds:
Spoiler:
That, and would you really want to have a monster who is extremely restricted on what you or any other authors are allow or not allow? As oppose to someone who is similar, but were allowed to do allot of things with it?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

Spoiler:
Because Aquatilis/Amphibia/Terrestris can actually fight. Aquatilis kills a Manda, Amphibia has a combat ability, and Terrestris one-shots a Rodan

Edit: Accidentally quoted wrong lol
Last edited by FatBaconUnicorn on Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Interested to see how Ultima does in the KWC.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Spoiler:
Exactly what Bacon said. The point of why Shin has to go is because of all the restrictive rules of what we can/can’t do with his adaption ability. And really, having a monster with a power thats that restricted? I would imagine that allot of people would not find it fun when writing Shin. It will be incredibly boring as hell if all of Shin’s matches were just If Shin’s opponent’s attacks don’t kill him in time, they become less effective.
Added in 21 seconds:
UltimateDitto wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:11 pm Interested to see how Ultima does in the KWC.
Same
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Spoiler:
It's just... we don't need Ultima, y'know? Shin Godzilla is the incarnation that ushered us into the current, Reiwa era of Godzilla and I feel like he should remain "the Reiwa Godzilla" on the roster. We can still have plenty of Singular Point representation in the KWC thanks to Jet Jaguar, Salunga, and Anguirus. All getting rid of Shin does is reduce all the Reiwa kaiju to either having come from Singular Point or the MonsterVerse, instead of having a variety of monsters from the entire era, and since we're leaving out the Monster Planet / City on the Edge of Battle / The Planet Eater kaiju (and for good reason), it seems like a poor decision to ignore the only other Reiwa entry with a perfectly good combatant.
We are not getting SP Anguirus for the foreseeable future.

The Reiwa era is still ongoing, I don’t think the variety of reps from it needs to be a concern at the moment. Especially when, again, there’s noteworthy issues with keeping Shin on board, and there’s a Godzilla that does the “constantly evolving threat to the planet and will overtake it” shtick better than he does. Again, we can barely do shit with Shin’s adaptation, which was the main draw of him and what people want to see out of him. And while Ultima doesn’t have that adaptation, he already pulls the kinda shit people would have wanted to do with Shin but would have gotten rejected (terraforming, growing in height while in his final form, blood tentacles), and with the added bonus of knowing what we can and can’t do with him as opposed to Shin where it’s a bunch of grey areas when we want to give him anything beyond the most simple shit that makes him actually capable of fighting.

Yes, Shin ushered in the Reiwa era, but that doesn’t really matter? 54 ushered in the whole franchise, and we don’t have him. I get that’s not your main argument for keeping Shin, and the comparison doesn’t exactly perfectly mesh, I just felt the need to address that statement.
Spoiler:
Because 2nd and 3rd form Shin literally just walk. They display no ability to defend themselves in the slightest, or inflict damage in a way that isn’t just clumsily moving into things. Ultima’s lesser forms display the ability to fight, and well, they have abilities in the first place.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
The KWCE, as much as I love it, is an unofficial bonus, side thing for if you want to write a match involving Zetton, Barugon, Guilala, Pudgy Pig, or the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. As dumb as it may sound, it doesn't really interest me to write a perfectly good KWC match only to have it shunted aside and seen by a fraction of the people. Yeah, obviously the KWC is unofficial, too, but it's up on the front page of the site. It gets a banner. Tons of people read it. There are probably people who read the KWC that don't even bother with the rest of Toho Kingdom. A KWC match is a completely different beast from a KWCE match.[/Spoiler[
Agree fully. Especially on the KWCE, my stuff for that is mostly just one off matches vs the full on storylines for the KWC. There's something OFFICAL about the KWC.
Spoiler:
[/quote]

Yeah, lowkey, I feel like that's kind of.....odd. Like, I understand things have changed since Shin was introduced but it feels odd.

RIP Evan.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Well another reason we are getting Ultima is that it is basically all the previous Reiwa Godzillas rolled into one fleshed out Godzilla. It’s got the Evolution of Shin, the terraforming and growth of Earth, and the dimensional BS of Snow Godzilla. Everything Shin can possibly do with his evolution has been very restricted to things only seen either in film or that don’t change the appearance too much, which is annoying. Meanwhile, we’ve been given someone with more free reign with similar abilities and more with Ultima and his past forms. He’s also survived similar damage as Shin Godzilla’s fourth form in his weaker forms.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
You see, the problem with that is, they don’t do anything. Kamata-Kun and Shinagawa-kun walk around and bleed on the ground, and that’s all. The First form of Shin Godzilla went into a river and heated up a portion of the bay with his blood, and that was it. Meanwhile, Aquatilus, the Zeroeth Form, killed both a Submarine and a Manda on its own as well as filled most of the ocean with red dust. Amphibia, while being on screen briefly, survived tank fire and created a 500 meter Explosion which warped the surroundings into symmetrical shapes, while it’s burnt cocoon survived being bombarded by bombers. Much more than the previous forms of Shin. Terrestris created a nuclear red dust cloud and withstood Bunker Busters like Shin’s fourth form, and created Blood Tentacles to counter them. He also killed a Rodan with an atomic ring. Overall, much better combat ability being showcased here.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Reminder that Shin wouldn't be here most likely if Godzilla vs Evangelion: 4D never happened, or we'd get an even more barebones Shin than we'd have now.
Spoiler:
We're most likely getting the only thing Shin fought in any official media though :}
>SP Anguirus isn't being allowed for the foreseeable future

LAMEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Last edited by Moth on Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

SoggyNoodles2016

Spoiler:
to me, the issue with Ultima is he's not the same character as Shin.

Shin is a tragic character. While he's uncontrollable and dangerous, he's a victim, a monster who's unnatural and in pain. Many of my stories are about Shin meeting other kaiju and going though a pseudo Showa arc and becoming heroic. Like, I feel like it's super unique that we more or less have the 1954 Godzilla in the roster and can reinvent him anyway we want.

Ultima is a menace. He is a interdimensional horror that wants to collapse reality for his own purposes. He is unstoppable, unrelenting and will destroy anything in his way. The closest comparison is GMK Godzilla, not 1954.

So even though Ultima has all these superficial and power similarities, at the end of the day, what Shin has as a character is not being replaced by Ultima{/Spoiler]

RIP Evan.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
...I'm just going to be blunt. Sentimental, much?

Let me get this straight; you'd rather have us suffer in having to constantly, AGONIGINZLY have to check through every single Shin Godzilla match because Tyler won't allow for more over-the-top adaptations? Because people have a different view of what undefined adaptations are? Shin has been the biggest thorn in the side for us because of the insane amount of restrictions in place (though a good exercise of what not to add to the KWC and what to look out for on an internal level). Yes, Shin ushered a new era, and I would've liked to have kept him if we could do more with him. But if you were to ask me to choose between the "usherer Godzilla" of Shin or the "all-encompassing Reiwa Godzilla" of Ultima, I'm going to Ultima! And unless the next Reiwa Godzilla decides to do something crazier (which I doubt, unless it's SP Season 2), I really don't expect a replacement anytime soon. It'd have to follow in the footsteps of an evolving Godzilla for us to even look at it. Plus, we have an idea of what to look out for with Ultima.

Also, protoforms. Like it or not, Aquatilis and Terrestris actually engaged in combat. Amphibia has durability and no-shows tanks; for that matter, the man was better at killing himself than the military ever could. Meanwhile... Kamata-kun? Really? If I had to extend back, it'd just be Shinagawa, because he at least has a figure and mobility to work with (you'd also get Kamata's crawling with Shinagawa, which is only seen ever-so briefly, so no loss), but even context clues probably suggest that Kamata and Shinagawa are frail and probably would've died had the helicopters opened fire. All of Ultima's forms have combat potential and have decent demonstration of it, even if it isn't focused on as much as it should (more screentime with Aquatilis and Amphibia would've been nice).

Also, "missing Reiwa era monster"--that's seriously super-short sighted on your part. We have Rathalos, who I stress is Toho produced, thus making him a Reiwa monster. Even if you dust that off, Shin Ultraman's Neronga and Gabora (I don't think it's much of a secret that they exist). We are going to have proper Reiwa-era monsters, SP or otherwise.

Also, in case you missed it, we're not adding Anguirus SP. We're holding off on him until further notice due to the flooding of new content. Gotta prioritize stuff.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

SoggyNoodles2016

Moth wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:30 pm
Spoiler:
We're most likely getting the only thing Shin fought in any official media though :}
Spoiler:
Shin Ghidorah or Eva, I am happy by this.

>SP Anguirus isn't being allowed for the foreseeable future

LAMEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Most graciously agreed.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

All of you guys made valid points
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:39 pm
Spoiler:

Shin is a tragic character. While he's uncontrollable and dangerous, he's a victim, a monster who's unnatural and in pain. Many of my stories are about Shin meeting other kaiju and going though a pseudo Showa arc and becoming heroic. Like, I feel like it's super unique that we more or less have the 1954 Godzilla in the roster and can reinvent him anyway we want.

Ultima is a menace. He is a interdimensional horror that wants to collapse reality for his own purposes. He is unstoppable, unrelenting and will destroy anything in his way. The closest comparison is GMK Godzilla, not 1954.

So even though Ultima has all these superficial and power similarities, at the end of the day, what Shin has as a character is not being replaced by Ultima{/Spoiler]
That is a reasonable complaint. However, notice how we do not have Komodithrax on the roster? I think everyone can come up with plenty of great stories with her, so why not add her? Because in terms of powers, she’s just Zilla. So her characterization is the only thing that would make her stand out, and there’s probably kaiju that could fill out that characterization if you think hard enough on it.

You want to do a creature in unnatural pain, lashing out like 54? Guess what, Showa and Heisei Godzilla both exist. Showa was literally in the exact same boat as 54, and Heisei is in the same boat as Shin of “horribly mutated monster, lashing out in pain”. Both can tell the same kind of stories that you’re looking for with Shin.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

SoggyNoodles2016

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:47 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:39 pm
Spoiler:

That is a reasonable complaint. However, notice how we do not have Komodithrax on the roster? I think everyone can come up with plenty of great stories with her, so why not add her? Because in terms of powers, she’s just Zilla. So her characterization is the only thing that would make her stand out, and there’s probably kaiju that could fill out that characterization if you think hard enough on it.

You want to do a creature in unnatural pain, lashing out like 54? Guess what, Showa and Heisei Godzilla both exist. Showa was literally in the exact same boat as 54, and Heisei is also a mutated monstrosity. Both can tell the same kind of stories that you’re looking for with Shin.
Right, I totally understand why, I'm just explaining why personally I am most upset.

Speaking honestly, I can do this, but for Shin, it was deliberately because people always write that incarnation off as evil, so I wanted to show it as more multifaceted then that. Showa and Heisei are both already known for that.

RIP Evan.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:41 pm
Moth wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:30 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Shin Ghidorah or Eva, I am happy by this.

Spoiler:
Oh it's 99% Eva being added between those two.
Also, reminder that you can use 1955 as an evil Godzilla who lives in pain, if you really want to! 1955 is cool anyway, so him getting more love is good~
Spoiler:
Nice to see SP Anguirus is just being put later down the line as a possible addition!!! It'd be a shame if he was completely written off but, priorities, yeah! Also yeah, Shin Ultraman is going to bring us 1-3 new guys to toy around with, we still have Evangelion 3.0+1.0 about to drop globally which will settle the Evangelion stuff, Daimajin down the line, there's still a lot to look forward to, so while Shin leaving is a bummer, it's for greener pastures, he'd be more loved in the KWCE and be used to his full power.
Last edited by Moth on Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

*No SP Anguirus for forseeable future*

Aww, boooooo! Boooooooooo! although i'll be up for Shin Neronga and Gabora as subsitutes

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Yeah, Shin Ultraman and whatever it’ll have is definitely on our radar. Just a matter of the movie coming out whenever that will eventually be please god be soon I’m begging you
KWCE Administrator

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:14 pm Yeah, Shin Ultraman and whatever it’ll have is definitely on our radar. Just a matter of the movie coming out whenever that will eventually be please god be soon I’m begging you
I mean, it's still set for 2021. Gotta have an announcement soon!
Right?
right?