The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
godjacob
Futurian

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by godjacob »

Fantastic battle all around and a hell of an intro for the King of Skull Island & the Skies.
Spoiler:
Was worried that Ramarak would feel like a third wheel with the two new debuting stars, but he was excellent here. Using MV Kong's own axe was metal as hell and that moment he copied Rathalos' cry was a nice show of intellect on its part which I feel always deserves highlight.

I was not the biggest fan of Rathalos' inclusion at first, given he is from a Capcom property and doesn't scream Toho Kaiju to me, but damn if he didn't impress me here. Eager to see more from the Wyvern.

MV Kong defiantly lived up to the hype here, enjoyed the look at his mindset and he proved he was the true King with an impressive showing.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

See the roster statistics also got a small update. Love that we can customize the size and weight for some of the monsters!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Ah yes, I'm glad someone took note of that! Or at least make scaling more flexible, maybe have match ups that'd be interesting to see. ;)

Stoked that everyone's excited for our combatants! If you want a good idea of what went down, do check out the Trivia thread for more details. This one was a doozy! And for those that felt reluctant on Rathalos' inclusion, I was kinda in the same camp. However, seeing the movie and discussing Monster Hunter in the greater KWC spectrum got me all excited, haha. For that matter (forgot to mention this in the trivia), but this match was inspired by another Rathalos submission that had him on Skull Island (different context, of course), which was originally going to be Rathalos' debut. Buuuut I got inspired, sidetracked, and wrote this. :lol:

Added in 26 minutes 35 seconds:
Before I forget (as I am, lol), wonderful banner from GvR! Thanks mang, looks great!
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

WHOOOOOO

DOUBLE KAIJU BABY

NOW I CAN START THOSE LPG KONG MATCHES

RIP Evan.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

aaaaaa I'm still flipping out I'm getting to see Rathalos here with the other peeps. So happy this finally happened.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Moth wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:35 pm aaaaaa I'm still flipping out I'm getting to see Rathalos here with the other peeps. So happy this finally happened.
It warms my heart hearing the positive reception the match has given, especially the inclusion of Rathalos and Kong. Rathalos in particular I feel happy with, because as a raw MH newbie, I feel like I did him justice.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

This match was spectacular. Cannot wait to see more of Legendary King Kong. :mrgreen:
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

This match was great with good use of the abilities of everyone.
Spoiler:
I especially like the final push to win coming from his parents (being specific, their besmirched graves).
Hey boss, you make good stuff without needing humans to tell the story. Why don't you make a series like Greyshot and Tomzilla?
Last edited by HillyHulk on Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

HillyHulk wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:47 pm Hey boss, you make good stuff without needing humans to tell the story. Why don't you make a series like Greyshot and Tomzilla?
I've toyed with the idea, but none of them ever took off in the way I intended, nor do I really plan on revisiting (though I do have some brainstorming ideas for a possible follow-up to 330). However, if you read Match 318, I think you're going to find there's something in the works. ;) Eventually. :lol:

Pair of kings.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Random question, regarding the trivia bit about Kong's axe.
Spoiler:
Given it is fueled through atomic flames/energy, do you see any enemy besides the Godzillas this weapon will be able to get a charge off of? I believe when Kong was in Hollow Earth he showed he could bring that energy to the surface by placing the axe on the ground. Just curious if you think they'll be interesting ways to incorporate its feature.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

godjacob wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:18 pm Random question, regarding the trivia bit about Kong's axe.
Spoiler:
Given it is fueled through atomic flames/energy, do you see any enemy besides the Godzillas this weapon will be able to get a charge off of? I believe when Kong was in Hollow Earth he showed he could bring that energy to the surface by placing the axe on the ground. Just curious if you think they'll be interesting ways to incorporate its feature.
Spoiler:
So long as it's atomic/nuclear in nature, anyone would do. Granted, it's hard to pin any specific monster beyond the Godzillas or Godzilla-types. Though it is important to be mindful that, even if the other monster did possess radiation, it would have to be something consistent. Like, you could argue that the axe could've taken in MV MG's Hollow Earth Energy punches, but they don't last long enough for that to take effect, y'know what I mean? But yeah, I'm sure there'll be lots of ways to ensure that axe can stay charged--especially given that both the movie and novelization state that MV Godzilla's atomic energy is the same as the Hollow Earth, and that he can convert any known radiation into Hollow Earth Energy.

Pair of kings.

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

New match and two new monsters showing up, that is something.

Both Monsterverse Kong and Rathalos makes their debut in this match, and it's a great match. Also nice to see Skullcrawler return.
Spoiler:
Also if your not pleased that King Kong did not win any in last month, this Kong managed to win this fight.
Overall, match is great, banner is great and welcome to the KWC Monsterverse Kong and Rathalos.
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

So soon eh?

I'm gonna continue awaiting on King Kong (Showa) vs. Kong then...
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I wonder; why is Legendary Kong regarded as "Kong" in the roster statistics instead of "King Kong (Legendary)"?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:10 am I wonder; why is Legendary Kong regarded as "Kong" in the roster statistics instead of "King Kong (Legendary)"?
IDK, make him more distinct of Showa King Kong? (Even if I got more of a king vibe from MV Kong)

I think also most characters refer to Kong in the Legendary films as Kong rather than King Kong when speaking about/to him. That may have something to do with it?

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

MV Kong is never referred to as “King Kong” in either Skull Island or GvK. Ever. The staff just felt that because of that, calling him Kong was best instead of King Kong.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Kong in the Monsterverse is based on the public domain character of King Kong, which only has the name Kong. The name King Kong is owned by Universal as part of their part of Kong's rights, so legally, he can not be called King Kong.

Welcome to the wacky world of Kong rights, everyone! :P

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:10 am I wonder; why is Legendary Kong regarded as "Kong" in the roster statistics instead of "King Kong (Legendary)"?
Because he's only been referred to as Kong. Likely as a result of the complicated rights the character has.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:36 am
Because he's only been referred to as Kong. Likely as a result of the complicated rights the character has.
Pretty much. This did cause some debate within the KWC staff, as some noted the international name of the character was "King Kong", but I found this kinda pointless. Considering the toys, characters in the MV, promo outside the Monsterverse, and the name of the movies within the US/most territories all listed his name as "Kong".

With future movies this could always change, but as of right now he's just Kong. He's no King, but he sure is one hell of a contender to the throne. :huge:
Last edited by Greyshot151 on Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

We need a thread about the rights to King Kong and the clusterfuck that has resulted out of it. The story of the 1976 King Kong being made is arguably a movie worthy story in it of itself.