Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.

Should They Be Brought Back?

Yes
7
39%
No
11
61%
 
Total votes: 18

User avatar
ROMG4
Interpol Agent
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:23 am
Location: Monster Island

Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

Postby ROMG4 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:54 pm

Letter to Mods: This thread is here simply to gauge community interest in the return of these and potentially other members and not a demand to Mod-ship

The Probation group was created to give previously banned members a chance to reintegrate into TK after they've been banned for a substantial period of time

After MM and Jomei were unbanned the probation group hasn't seen any use since. Despite the large amount of TK users that have been banned for multiple years that also deserve a second chance

Captain Akition was banned in mid 2016 and Lain was banned in late 2017. More then enough time has passed to warrant them getting a second chance especially considering how long they were active here prior

What does anyone here say?
Last edited by ROMG4 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10545
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

Postby goji89 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:58 pm

Yes, bring them back
Image
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

User avatar
ROMG4
Interpol Agent
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:23 am
Location: Monster Island

Re: Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

Postby ROMG4 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:04 pm

goji89 wrote:Yes, bring them back

After all I don't see why not, their cases are no different then Jomei or MM and Captain and Lain have now been banned for longer then them

And if not well we still have the alternate option of sacrificing Derzerb to Kali Ma
Image
Image

User avatar
tyrantgoji
Futurian
Posts: 1840
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Shrek's swamp

Re: Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

Postby tyrantgoji » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:18 pm

why not? i'd love to actually talk to them and not just read there post and hear there opinions on the Godzilla franchise now :)
also, this one comes from straight up bias, but Lain was a really good matchmaker for the KWC and i'd love to see more matches from him.

User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10545
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

Postby goji89 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:36 pm

ROMG4 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Yes, bring them back

After all I don't see why not, their cases are no different then Jomei or MM and Captain and Lain have now been banned for longer then them

And if not well we still have the alternate option of sacrificing Derzerb to Kali Ma
Image


:shock: ....Holy mother of God...How am I in that pic?

Diabolical
Image
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

User avatar
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 765
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:55 am

Re: Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

Postby Rhedosaurus » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:44 pm

A fair question: What if many of these members that were permabanned a long time time ago have moved on and simply don't care anymore?

I'm not saying I'm against this. I actually voted for this in the interest of fairness. I'm just wondering if this will be as successful as people think it will.

User avatar
ROMG4
Interpol Agent
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:23 am
Location: Monster Island

Re: Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

Postby ROMG4 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:50 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:A fair question: What if many of these members that were permabanned a long time time ago have moved on and simply don't care anymore?

I'm not saying I'm against this. I actually voted for this in the interest of fairness. I'm just wondering if this will be as successful as people think it will.

We've had numerous unbannings in the past nearly everyone has come back, at least the ones that were consistently active before being banned
Image

User avatar
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 765
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:55 am

Re: Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

Postby Rhedosaurus » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:59 pm

ROMG4 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:A fair question: What if many of these members that were permabanned a long time time ago have moved on and simply don't care anymore?

I'm not saying I'm against this. I actually voted for this in the interest of fairness. I'm just wondering if this will be as successful as people think it will.

We've had numerous unbannings in the past nearly everyone has come back, at least the ones that were consistently active before being banned


Ok. I was wondering because after JPL went down, while some banned members did join Jurassic Mainframe, which was known as Jurassic Park Portal by the time of JPL's shut down back in 2016 (Portal was a Plan B site in case JPL went down for good), many did not.
Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10545
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

Postby goji89 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:01 pm

I really am positively 100% think Lain WON'T come back.

Pretty sure.

Yeah, definitely sure.
Image
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

User avatar
ROMG4
Interpol Agent
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:23 am
Location: Monster Island

Re: Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

Postby ROMG4 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:10 pm

goji89 wrote:I really am positively 100% think Lain WON'T come back.

Pretty sure.

Yeah, definitely sure.

Image
Image

User avatar
Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2711
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:34 pm
Location: キノプレックス
Contact:

Re: Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:19 pm

lol....
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10545
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

Postby goji89 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:34 pm

ROMG4 wrote:
goji89 wrote:I really am positively 100% think Lain WON'T come back.

Pretty sure.

Yeah, definitely sure.

Image


:lol: :lol: .....

But....still. I am sure he wont come back.

Hes moved on
Image
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 13957
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

Postby UltramanGoji » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:34 pm

No. They were banned for a reason. Just because the majority of the forum liked their content doesn't mean its okay to ignore the rules of the forum and let them back in for no reason.
Image

User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10545
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

Postby goji89 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:35 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:No. They were banned for a reason. Just because the majority of the forum liked their content doesn't mean its okay to ignore the rules of the forum and let them back in for no reason.


Others were let in....on probation. Why NOT them?
Image
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

User avatar
ROMG4
Interpol Agent
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:23 am
Location: Monster Island

Re: Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

Postby ROMG4 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:36 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:No. They were banned for a reason. Just because the majority of the forum liked their content doesn't mean its okay to ignore the rules of the forum and let them back in for no reason.

They have paid the mistakes with years of lost time and punishment

The forum has included a probation tag and altered these rules to allow banned members a second chance. If the Majority of the forum likes these banned members then they have value to add to the forum especially now that they've served their time
Image

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 13957
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

Postby UltramanGoji » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:37 pm

goji89 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:No. They were banned for a reason. Just because the majority of the forum liked their content doesn't mean its okay to ignore the rules of the forum and let them back in for no reason.


Others were let in....on probation. Why NOT them?


Because it sets a precedent that bannings don't mean anything. Why follow the rules if I can just be banned and let back in months later? I fully disagreed with the idea of a probation thing to begin with. And it really didn't matter much because only 1/2 of the probation members even post here anymore and even then the one that does only pops up once in a while.
Image

User avatar
ROMG4
Interpol Agent
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:23 am
Location: Monster Island

Re: Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

Postby ROMG4 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:42 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
goji89 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:No. They were banned for a reason. Just because the majority of the forum liked their content doesn't mean its okay to ignore the rules of the forum and let them back in for no reason.


Others were let in....on probation. Why NOT them?


Because it sets a precedent that bannings don't mean anything. Why follow the rules if I can just be banned and let back in months later? I fully disagreed with the idea of a probation thing to begin with. And it really didn't matter much because only 1/2 of the probation members even post here anymore and even then the one that does only pops up once in a while.

By that logic Jail-Time doesn't matter
Image

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 13957
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

Postby UltramanGoji » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:44 pm

What do you think temp bans are for?

Added in 2 minutes 28 seconds:
Better yet, do you even know how the banning system works here? You really think they were just smited (smoted? smitted?) on the spot? No, you get multiple chances to clean up your act before you're kicked out. If you can't stop breaking the rules and getting in trouble, you shouldn't be allowed back.
Image

User avatar
MM Raids Again
Futurian
Posts: 1651
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

Postby MM Raids Again » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:00 pm

Captain Akition should be. If only because it's hilarious how much he likes to poke bee's nests and then whine because he gets stung.
Did you miss me?

User avatar
2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4931
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:38 pm
Location: Val Verde
Contact:

Re: Should Lain And Captain Akition Be Brought Back?

Postby 2004Zilla » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:16 pm

skreeonking Jesus, are people actually serious with this?
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

Image


Return to “Comments, Suggestions and Submissions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests