Gifs or Pics in Signature

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Gifs or Pics in Signature

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

For the life of me cant figure that out. Posting pics on threads are no problem.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Gifs or Pics in Signature

Post by Maritonic »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:For the life of me cant figure that out. Posting pics on threads are no problem.
Well, they have to be sized correctly. I usually do: Resized Image

That way, they're sized perfectly and you can use whatever gif you want regardless of how big it is.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Maritonic wrote:
Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:For the life of me cant figure that out. Posting pics on threads are no problem.

That way, they're sized perfectly and you can use whatever gif you want regardless of how big it is.
And you have an awesome one, by the way. One of my favorite shots in the franchise.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Zarm wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

And you have an awesome one, by the way. One of my favorite shots in the franchise.
Thank you, and same! Always gives me goosebumps with the music swelling and him roaring. I think I'm gonna pop it in tonight.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Thanks!! ....I'll mess with it.

Added in 13 minutes 38 seconds:
Got it!!
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:Thanks!! ....I'll mess with it.

Added in 13 minutes 38 seconds:
Got it!!
Well done.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Maritonic wrote:

Damn! You can just size it like that? And here I’ve been bending over backwards to find ones the right size.

Maritonic, you are my hero. The world it... it just seems so beautiful now!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

Damn! You can just size it like that? And here I’ve been bending over backwards to find ones the right size.

Maritonic, you are my hero. The world it... it just seems so beautiful now!
As long as I can save one, the world will be a better place...

Haha yeah you can adjust the sizing just like that. Enjoy any gif you want now :)

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Mine look ok to everyone else? I can't really tell if you guys can see it.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Gojirawars 03 wrote:Mine look ok to everyone else? I can't really tell if you guys can see it.
Yup, you're good.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Is there an absolute guideline on size? 400x200 is fine for standard widescreen films but Academy or Scope images would be stretched or squeezed with those dimensions.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Terasawa wrote:Is there an absolute guideline on size? 400x200 is fine for standard widescreen films but Academy or Scope images would be stretched or squeezed with those dimensions.
There is a limit on general image size, I do that because I know it'll work for me. I don't remember what the exact size restriction is.

ZombiezillaFans
Samurai

Post by ZombiezillaFans »

Yeah how do I put a gif in my signature?
FEAR ME AND DESPAIR!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

ZombiezillaFans wrote:Yeah how do I put a gif in my signature?
go to https://ezgif.com/video-to-gif

Go to Video-To-Gif Maker and select your gif, resize that to 633x200 in the Resize tab if you want it like mine, and then save it. After that just upload to Imgur and copy it to your sig.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

ZombiezillaFans
Samurai

Wait what? I don’t get it. Because when I press img, or something like that pops up

Added in 38 seconds:
Wait nvm thanks for the help!

Added in 6 minutes 15 seconds:
GODDAMN IT BUT THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT I USE IPAD!
FEAR ME AND DESPAIR!

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how on earth I can put a gif in my signature. I've followed Maritonics intructions, but I cant figure it out...
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

ZombiezillaFans
Samurai

GmkGoji wrote:For the life of me, I cannot figure out how on earth I can put a gif in my signature. I've followed Maritonics intructions, but I cant figure it out...
Yeah I know me too :(
FEAR ME AND DESPAIR!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

ZombiezillaFans wrote:
GmkGoji wrote:For the life of me, I cannot figure out how on earth I can put a gif in my signature. I've followed Maritonics intructions, but I cant figure it out...
So let's use GmkGoji's avatar as an example. That GIF is 600x338 pixels, which is too big for a signature. I don't know what the signature size guidelines are but I think the maximum allowed height is 200 px. Until a mod or admin clarifies, I'd stick to that. The easiest thing to do would be to reduce it by half to maintain the original dimensions (which would be 300x169), but if you want to make your image as big as possible, plug the appropriate numbers into this formula:

W*200/H = x, where W and H are the GIF's original width and height, respectively, and x is the height of the reduced image (which you're trying to figure out). In this case,

600*200/338 = x
120,000/338 = x
355 = x (Always round up or down, appropriately, because I don't think you can do fractions of pixels.)

Please take the time to do this, or upload your gif with the correct dimensions in the first place, because no one wants to look at distorted images. (:

Use the Resized Image BBCode function. Quote this post to see what the correct code looks like below.

Resized Image
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

ZombiezillaFans
Samurai

Terasawa wrote:
ZombiezillaFans wrote:
So let's use GmkGoji's avatar as an example. That GIF is 600x338 pixels, which is too big for a signature. I don't know what the signature size guidelines are but I think the maximum allowed height is 200 px. Until a mod or admin clarifies, I'd stick to that. The easiest thing to do would be to reduce it by half to maintain the original dimensions (which would be 300x169), but if you want to make your image as big as possible, plug the appropriate numbers into this formula:

W*200/H = x, where W and H are the GIF's original width and height, respectively, and x is the height of the reduced image (which you're trying to figure out). In this case,

600*200/338 = x
120,000/338 = x
355 = x (Always round up or down, appropriately, because I don't think you can do fractions of pixels.)

Please take the time to do this, or upload your gif with the correct dimensions in the first place, because no one wants to look at distorted images. (:

Use the Resized Image BBCode function. Quote this post to see what the correct code looks like below.

Resized Image
Yeah but I don’t know how to add a gif properly
Last edited by ZombiezillaFans on Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
FEAR ME AND DESPAIR!