Corrections to TK Movies lists

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Corrections to TK Movies lists

Post by mikelcho »

I was looking at the TK Movie, Godzilla Movie, Kaiju Movie, Sci-fi Movie and Live Action Movie lists and saw that Invasion of Astro-Monster has only one American name: Godzilla vs. Monster Zero. Shouldn't the original American name, Monster Zero, be included as well? If so, then it should be Monster Zero first and Godzilla vs. Monster Zero second. And also on the Movie, Godzilla Movie, Kaiju Movie, Sci-fi Movie and Live Action Movie lists, shouldn't Godzilla Raids Again's original American title (Gigantis the Fire Monster), Mothra vs. Godzilla's two American titles (Godzilla vs. the Thing and Godzilla vs. Mothra), Dogora's American title (Dagora the Space Monster), Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster's American title (Ghidrah the Three-Headed Monster), Godzilla vs. Gigan's American title (Godzilla on Monster Island), Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla's two American titles (Godzilla vs. the Bionic Monster and Godzilla vs. the Cosmic Monster) and Terror of Mechagodzilla's original American title (The Terror of Godzilla) be mentioned also? And on the Movie, Sci-fi Movie, Horror Movie and Live Action Movie lists, isn't it supposed to be The Invisible Man, The H-Man, The Secret of the Telegian and The Vampire Doll? Finally, also on the Movie, Kaiju Movie, Sci-fi Movie and Live Action Movie lists, aren't Gamera 2: Attack of Legion and Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris supposed to be the English titles used in Japan for those two films? (I'm using the Wikipedia articles as my basis for the last two mentioned here.) Just wondering.

Added in 2 months 2 days 3 hours 8 minutes 16 seconds:
MaxRebo320, could you please do me a favor and switch this page over to the Comments, Suggestions and Submissions section as well? Maybe it'll help this one get going along, too. Thank you.
Last edited by mikelcho on Tue May 25, 2021 11:39 am, edited 22 times in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Corrections to TK Movies lists

Post by Terasawa »

The alternate Godzilla titles are listed if you click on the individual film entries. Listing all alternate titles on the movie listings page would clutter it up.

As for the other titles, they’re listed by their international titles. Some of the films you mentioned, such as The Secret of the Telegian (listed on the main site without the definite article), are incorrect, although I’m sure they’re listed that way in some source Anthony has used.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Terasawa wrote:The alternate Godzilla titles are listed if you click on the individual film entries. Listing all alternate titles on the movie listings page would clutter it up.

As for the other titles, they’re listed by their international titles. Some of the films you mentioned, such as The Secret of the Telegian (listed on the main site without the definite article), are incorrect, although I’m sure they’re listed that way in some source Anthony has used.
Believe me, I don't wish to list all alternate titles, just the American ones for the Godzilla films and Dogora listed here in this post. That's all that needs to be put in, no more and no less.
Last edited by mikelcho on Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

But they’re already there on their individual pages.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Terasawa wrote:But they’re already there on their individual pages.
I'm sorry; I should've been more clear about this. That was my fault and I admit it. I meant to say that they're not on the first pages that you come to when you click on the sections; i.e., the list pages. A few of the American titles are on them already, just not the ones that I've listed here. That's what I meant.

Added in 15 days 20 hours 48 minutes 24 seconds:
I just found a few more mistakes that are within the lists:

*The Kaiju Movie and Science Fiction Movie lists call the second 1990s Gamera film's American title Gamera 2: Gamera vs. Legion, while the Movie and Live Action Movie lists call it Gamera: Attack of Legion. This should be changed to Gamera 2: Attack of Legion on all four of them.
*The American title for Submersion of Japan (1973) - Tidal Wave - is mentioned in the Live Action Movie list, but not in the Science Fiction Movie and Disaster Movie lists. This title should be added to both of them.

These are the titles on the lists and their needed additions:

Movies, Godzilla Movies, Kaiju Movies, Science Fiction Movies and Live Action Movies
*Godzilla Raids Again (Gigantis the Fire Monster)
*Mothra vs. Godzilla (Godzilla vs. the Thing, Godzilla vs. Mothra)
*Dogora (Dagora the Space Monster)
*Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster (Ghidrah the Three-Headed Monster)
*Invasion of Astro-Monster (Monster Zero, Godzilla vs. Monster Zero) (only the first American title needs to be added here)
*Godzilla vs. Gigan (Godzilla on Monster Island)
*Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (Godzilla vs. the Bionic Monster, Godzilla vs. the Cosmic Monster)
*Terror of Mechagodzilla (The Terror of Godzilla)

Movies, Science Fiction Movies and Live Action Movies
*The Secret of the Telegian (This is one of two that are corrections (see above for the other one); the rest are additions. Also, this is the actual title used in the article.)

Just thought you'd like to know. Hopefully this can and will be done soon, so that the list will be accurate. Fortunately, this is all that needs to be done here; other than that, everything's fine. Thank you for your time.
Last edited by mikelcho on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:09 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I wish I had this kind of free time.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.