Discussion: Main Site Updates

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Grimlock#1
Monsterland Worker

Discussion: Main Site Updates

Post by Grimlock#1 »

Just like what the title states. This isn't really a "beg/harass/threaten for this specific update" kind of thread (at least that wasn't my purpose when I created this), but more of a discuss what you liked about the latest or past updates and express what you found neat about them. Speculation on what you think the next update might be about is allowed, but try not to make it sound like you're demanding it to be done. I hope I'm not stepping on some of the toes of other fourm threads since discussions here might be stepping into their territories.

I like how pages relating to Zone Fighter are now being updated. I'm honestly a little bit surprised they're being updated this early (I figured Monster Bios and Aliens/SDF pages related to television shows would be worked on after 2/3rds of the movie monsters and the like were done, but it's a happy surprise). I'm looking forward to new Zone Fighter content, or even some Godzilla Island content to be added.
"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
Space Hunter M wrote:Ah, you and your corns. Great. When you and the MUTO meet, be sure you tell him all about your corn problems.
"MECHAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: Discussion: Main Site Updates

Post by SpaceG92 »

This topic was long overdue.

Stickied!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I'm a major, major fan of all the updates to the film and monster bios sections. There's a wealth of new information coming out thanks to the staff's translations of Japanese guidebooks and tidbits from rare books such as Guy Mariner Tucker's Age of the Gods and it's excellent to finally hear some of the long lost tales these books have provided.

I'm generally not a big fan of the sponsored toy reviews or updates as they just seem really corporate to me and don't really seem as genuine. That's not to say I don't appreciate the work that goes into setting up all the connections, it's just not as interesting to me as the movie and monster bio updates.

Grimlock#1
Monsterland Worker

Post by Grimlock#1 »

These past two updates regarding Godzilla vs. Barubaroi have been absolutely phenomenal. I love updates that feature Lost/Cut concepts because of the wild ideas that were actually considered for the big screen. I never knew that there was an Anguirus Hound, and I was surprised to see that a concept art piece that I long thought was Anguirus himself was actually the Anguirus Hound. Keep up the good work, Joshua, it's very much appreciated. I'm excited and eager to learn about Godzilla vs. Giant Monster Varan.
Space Hunter M wrote:Ah, you and your corns. Great. When you and the MUTO meet, be sure you tell him all about your corn problems.
"MECHAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I dig the Zone Fighter updates, but I note for #11 that a 'bobby trapped' car doesn't sound that threatening... ;)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Zarm wrote:I dig the Zone Fighter updates, but I note for #11 that a 'bobby trapped' car doesn't sound that threatening... ;)
Oops, fixed, thanks for pointing it out!

Also glad to hear people are enjoying the Monster Bios. A lot of work goes into each (which makes it harder to do them and the daily update rate), but feel they are worthwhile and the traffic backs that up on them.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Arbok wrote: Also glad to hear people are enjoying the Monster Bios. A lot of work goes into each (which makes it harder to do them and the daily update rate), but feel they are worthwhile and the traffic backs that up on them.
Absolutely- they're the best!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

The recent Bagan bio. updates really peaked my interest. This only reinforces his status as "ascended meme". The number of "better luck next time pal" attempts continues to grow.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

They're the reason sites like Wikizilla and Rodan's Roost just can't compete. Really good stuff, even if most of the cut content is focused on the Heisei era. The ideas and concepts of that series were the best things to come from it anyways. :p
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

The site has a comic creations section? Cool bio on the Death Jackals by the way.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Hmmmmm... I enjoyed the Gigan analysis, but I think it's selling his durability short. For instance, the fact that in Zone Fighter, he was stated to be weakened by his battle in vs. Megalon to begin with, then survived a beatdown by Godzilla in an already-weakened state, THEN revived again and fought Zone Fighter for a time before being dispatched by the meteor missile attack. I mean, that's kinda like coming up to Rocky at the end of Rocky V, when he's still got after-effects of the Rocky IV bout AND just gone through a huge streetfight with what's-his-face, and punching him out, then claiming he's not a very good fighter because of how easy you could beat him down.

Plus, the battle in vs. Megalon arguably appears to last a few hours during which Gigan hangs tough, and despite his attempts to flee and repeatedly being knocked out of the air, he doesn't demonstrate appreciable weakness or injury levels after taking them. I dunno- I think the guy's a lot tougher than his attempts at retreat give him credit for. And we've never seen a start-to-finish from full health to defeat of what it takes to actually take him down... only what can finally defeat him after he's suffering the legacy of two different battles.

Nonetheless, still a great analysis, and a lot of fun!

Maranatha!

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Zarm wrote:Hmmmmm... I enjoyed the Gigan analysis, but I think it's selling his durability short. For instance, the fact that in Zone Fighter, he was stated to be weakened by his battle in vs. Megalon to begin with, then survived a beatdown by Godzilla in an already-weakened state, THEN revived again and fought Zone Fighter for a time before being dispatched by the meteor missile attack. I mean, that's kinda like coming up to Rocky at the end of Rocky V, when he's still got after-effects of the Rocky IV bout AND just gone through a huge streetfight with what's-his-face, and punching him out, then claiming he's not a very good fighter because of how easy you could beat him down.

Plus, the battle in vs. Megalon arguably appears to last a few hours during which Gigan hangs tough, and despite his attempts to flee and repeatedly being knocked out of the air, he doesn't demonstrate appreciable weakness or injury levels after taking them. I dunno- I think the guy's a lot tougher than his attempts at retreat give him credit for. And we've never seen a start-to-finish from full health to defeat of what it takes to actually take him down... only what can finally defeat him after he's suffering the legacy of two different battles.

Nonetheless, still a great analysis, and a lot of fun!
When was it mentioned he was weakened by the fight in Megalon?
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:When was it mentioned he was weakened by the fight in Megalon?
Point; that is what I have always been informed. Lacking any english subtitles for Zone Fighter, I have no idea whether that was original dialogue or fanon assumption. (Since I am rather reliant on fan translations for info about what's happening onscreen). To the best of my knowledge, it was exposited that he fell into the Garoga's hands while still recovering from that battle... but only a Japanese-speaker can confirm or deny that, I suspect.

Maranatha!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:even if most of the cut content is focused on the Heisei era. The ideas and concepts of that series were the best things to come from it anyways. :p
Honestly, thats pretty true; like how awesome kaiju like Anguirus were cut because of being four-legged and lack of beams. :D
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Grimlock#1 wrote:These past two updates regarding Godzilla vs. Barubaroi have been absolutely phenomenal. I love updates that feature Lost/Cut concepts because of the wild ideas that were actually considered for the big screen. I never knew that there was an Anguirus Hound, and I was surprised to see that a concept art piece that I long thought was Anguirus himself was actually the Anguirus Hound. Keep up the good work, Joshua, it's very much appreciated. I'm excited and eager to learn about Godzilla vs. Giant Monster Varan.
Somehow totally missed this -- thank you! Very glad to hear you've been enjoying the ride :) I like to knock out as many related lost projects as I can, so Godzilla vs. Varan will certainly happen eventually.
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:They're the reason sites like Wikizilla and Rodan's Roost just can't compete. Really good stuff, even if most of the cut content is focused on the Heisei era. The ideas and concepts of that series were the best things to come from it anyways. :p
That's my bad, I completely underestimated just how many unmade Heisei movies there were (and how many of them were connected); originally I started work on the lost project section simply to update the existing pages to the newer format! Anthony already got to a majority of unmade Showa projects, but one day they'll get reformatted to the new template with a bit more coverage.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Honestly, thats pretty true; like how awesome kaiju like Anguirus were cut because of being four-legged and lack of beams. :D
Cut because of lack of a beam, no. But cut due to being on all fours, yes. Anguirus's low body wouldn't really work out in melee combat, at least not with how Heisei Godzilla's designed. I don't think Kawakita had a particular fondness for Anguirus (or Rodan), both monsters had to be suggested by Shinji Nishikawa before being seriously looked into. Rodan got lucky since he could fly, so battle scenes with him were easier to do.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Grimlock#1
Monsterland Worker

Post by Grimlock#1 »

So are future monster bio updates going to be just Zone Fighter-related up until they're done or will there be an occasional movie or even anime monster bio updated in between the ZF monsters?
"MECHAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Yeah forever waiting for the titans... Especially rogue
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Grimlock#1 wrote:So are future monster bio updates going to be just Zone Fighter-related up until they're done or will there be an occasional movie or even anime monster bio updated in between the ZF monsters?
The Monster Bios in general are usually done by Anthony; the ZF info was sent to me by MM, and was my first foray into that part of the site. I'd actually planned something else in place of these last 2 ZF bio updates, but something came up on my end delaying the new pages. But other monster bios will definitely be going up in between the ZF stuff. (The last few have been Kong: Skull Island monsters.)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Grimlock#1 wrote:So are future monster bio updates going to be just Zone Fighter-related up until they're done or will there be an occasional movie or even anime monster bio updated in between the ZF monsters?
I'm already planning on doing Godzilla: the Series once Zone Fighter is finished. Then, either starting the Sazer series or Guyferd. Not sure which.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Grimlock#1
Monsterland Worker

Post by Grimlock#1 »

Oh man, I can't wait for the Godzilla: The Series bios. I know someone on here is eager for the Sazer series, but I can't remember their name. Are Mewtwo and Mew getting their bios updated too, and are other Pokémon from those movies getting bios too?
"MECHAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"