The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
User avatar
SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager
Posts: 8935
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:33 am
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Postby SpaceG92 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:07 am

Gojirawars 03 wrote:Do you think we could ever get more kaiju smilies? Maybe some more like The different era incarnations like Kiryu and Heisei Mechagodzilla, Monsterverse designs, Shin Godzilla, Anime Trilogy designs, or more kaiju in general like Rodan, Ghidorah, or Mothra. Not sure if any admins or mods would see this, but I think it could be a nice touch to help posts stand out more.

My activity here is kinda jumpy, which is something I really shouldn't admit but - honesty.

The bulk of the emoji's were basic PHPBB defualts. The old forum admin, Vega made a couple himself. Later on, I asked a similar question and made a few myself and doodled some new one's up in MSPaint a few years back - see below.
:g64: :spacegodzilla: :monsterx: :baragon: :destoroyah: :bagan:

If you are decent at MSPaint and can fit the icon size of these emoji's and they fit the quality standard - I can add them in at any time :3
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Postby Grievous » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:34 pm

Why is being "Hidden" an option?
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

User avatar
SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager
Posts: 8935
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:33 am
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Postby SpaceG92 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:31 pm

Grievous wrote:Why is being "Hidden" an option?

Some people like anonymity, which I can respect. I used to be Invis for a bit. :s

User avatar
MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:57 pm
Location: Celery
Contact:

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Postby MikeSTZillak » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:46 pm

Why do I get notifications when someone on my foe list replies in a thread I'm following?
Image


Resized Image


#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 13957
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Postby UltramanGoji » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:27 pm

MikeSTZillak wrote:Why do I get notifications when someone on my foe list replies in a thread I'm following?


Because the Foes list is objectively broken and serves the exact opposite of its purpose.
Image

User avatar
MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:57 pm
Location: Celery
Contact:

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Postby MikeSTZillak » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:16 am

Is Maritonic actually a Mod now?
Image


Resized Image


#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

User avatar
Maritonic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6051
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Postby Maritonic » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:36 am

MikeSTZillak wrote:Is Maritonic actually a Mod now?


Aye, it seems that way.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

Online
User avatar
tyrantgoji
Futurian
Posts: 1840
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Shrek's swamp

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Postby tyrantgoji » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:13 pm

so are the bannings of 21,89 and Soggy permanet or just temporary?

User avatar
Godzilla21
Keizer
Posts: 8009
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Postby Godzilla21 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:27 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:so are the bannings of 21,89 and Soggy permanet or just temporary?


Temporary.

And Maritonic is the perfect person to be a mod. Long may he reign
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10545
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Postby goji89 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:35 pm

Maritonic is a Mod?

They are giving out these things like candies now.

Congrats....would be the proper thing to say but it aint my style.....

Don't screw it up Maritonic.
Image
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

User avatar
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 765
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:55 am

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Postby Rhedosaurus » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:42 pm

How do you post your own fanart on here? I'm still fairly new here so I don't know everything.

User avatar
SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager
Posts: 8935
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:33 am
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Postby SpaceG92 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:00 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:How do you post your own fanart on here? I'm still fairly new here so I don't know everything.

You can post them in the Godzilla/Kaiju Fan Art Thread, or you can make your own thread within the same sub-forum and post them there via offsite image urls and embeds.

User avatar
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 765
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:55 am

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Postby Rhedosaurus » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:22 pm

SpaceG92 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:How do you post your own fanart on here? I'm still fairly new here so I don't know everything.

You can post them in the Godzilla/Kaiju Fan Art Thread, or you can make your own thread within the same sub-forum and post them there via offsite image urls and embeds.


I know where to put them, I just have have a hard time finding out how. I made/am making some fan art of my own and scanned/will scan some, but it's hard to post them when compared to back on Jurassic Mainframe.

User avatar
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4893
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:21 pm
Location: USA, East Coast
Contact:

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Postby Zarm » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:18 am

As far as I know, you need to have them uploaded on some other site, and you use the URL of that image here. There is no way to upload a picture directly within this forum.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:


Winner of the last-ever(?) TK Fantasy Match tournament.

#ProLife

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

User avatar
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 765
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:55 am

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Postby Rhedosaurus » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:12 am

Zarm wrote:As far as I know, you need to have them uploaded on some other site, and you use the URL of that image here. There is no way to upload a picture directly within this forum.


There isn't? Why is that? It's just so odd to have a fanart section when you simply can't upload your own art here. :?

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 13957
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Postby UltramanGoji » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:14 am

Because that takes up space. Allowing you to upload images here would make the forums slow down like crazy.
Image

User avatar
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 765
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:55 am

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Postby Rhedosaurus » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:24 am

UltramanGoji wrote:Because that takes up space. Allowing you to upload images here would make the forums slow down like crazy.



But doesn't posting pics from other artists via their DA accounts (Matt Frank/Kaiju Samurai) also do the same thing? I mean, what's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

User avatar
MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:57 pm
Location: Celery
Contact:

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Postby MikeSTZillak » Wed May 01, 2019 6:09 pm

Does anyone know what the heck happen to Dawsbfiremind?
Image


Resized Image


#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

User avatar
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4893
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:21 pm
Location: USA, East Coast
Contact:

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Postby Zarm » Thu May 02, 2019 3:22 am

He got disillusioned with the community or something about his role within it, decided to leave because he wasn't handling it well, and worked hard to get himself banned so he couldn't change his mind. :(
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:


Winner of the last-ever(?) TK Fantasy Match tournament.

#ProLife

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

User avatar
MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 941
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:57 pm
Location: Celery
Contact:

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Postby MikeSTZillak » Thu May 02, 2019 5:43 am

Zarm wrote:He got disillusioned with the community or something about his role within it, decided to leave because he wasn't handling it well, and worked hard to get himself banned so he couldn't change his mind. :(

That's a damn shame.
Image


Resized Image


#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life


Return to “Comments, Suggestions and Submissions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest