The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
UltramanGoji

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Post by UltramanGoji »

GmkGoji wrote:What does the "add friend" and "add foe" do when you look at someone elses profile...?
Don't know what "Add Friend" does but "Add Foe" adds a blocker to that user's messages like this:

(Only added you as an example of how it worked since the majority of the users on my list don't post anymore, thankfully)

It's a decent yet heavily flawed way to block certain users here. Back when we had Vega doing our coding, it worked a lot better with the user's messages just straight-up not appearing at all.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Edit: whoops
Last edited by G2000 on Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Is there an area to talk about tabletop/board games?
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

gottatalktothefake wrote:Is there an area to talk about tabletop/board games?
We do now.
Last edited by Maritonic on Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

What does subscribe do?
For Emperor and Empire!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

VoyagerGoji wrote:What does subscribe do?
Sends you notifications when someone posts in the thread.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

UltramanGoji wrote:
VoyagerGoji wrote:What does subscribe do?
Sends you notifications when someone posts in the thread.
I really should’ve known that :|
For Emperor and Empire!

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

I´m planning a big survey about films, kaijus and actors. The evaluation will be at 1st january.
Where should I do my opening post, I mean in which sub-forum?
Please consider that in this survey could possibly occur movies, monsters and actors not owned by TOHO.
So my first idea was to post it in the General Discussion thread.

Please help
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Gailah 1966 wrote:I´m planning a big survey about films, kaijus and actors. The evaluation will be at 1st january.
Please consider that in this survey could possibly occur movies, monsters and actors not owned by TOHO.

Please help
General discussion or fan art, which has sort of be relegated to fan projects and the like.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

Maritonic wrote:
Gailah 1966 wrote:I´m planning a big survey about films, kaijus and actors. The evaluation will be at 1st january.

Please help
General discussion or fan art, which has sort of be relegated to fan projects and the like.
Okay. Thank you very much Wesker... uhmm... Maritonic!
Last edited by Gailah 1966 on Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

What are the rules with underage users? Because recently while scanning through the threads I’ve seen a lot of people who sure act and seem like people under 13.
For Emperor and Empire!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Not sure if I am in the right thread. But I think there are too many links to the main site from within the forum. I keep on trying to click on the board index but accidentally clicking on the main site tab, especially on mobile. Additionally, I think the main banner on the forums should link the board index, not the main page. Essentially, this is the standard on forums across the internet, with TK being the outlier.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Why are so many users having their names in blue?
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:12 am Why are so many users having their names in blue?
Because of the reasons stated in the "New Users" announcement, and the general announcement threads that were posted weeks ago. These are probationary groups for new users.

Purzel2205
Samurai

Post by Purzel2205 »

Maritonic wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:49 am
Maverick Centigrade wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:12 am Why are so many users having their names in blue?
Because of the reasons stated in the "New Users" announcement, and the general announcement threads that were posted weeks ago. These are probationary groups for new users.
For how long will I be in the probationary group? I joined the forum before that policy even existed, so it's quite annoying how I suddenly have to wait for moderator approval for every single post I make and I can't even read my PMs that were sent to me before this policy.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Purzel2205 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:02 pm
Maritonic wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:49 am
For how long will I be in the probationary group? I joined the forum before that policy even existed, so it's quite annoying how I suddenly have to wait for moderator approval for every single post I make and I can't even read my PMs that were sent to me before this policy.
Yes, it's been an annoying process for everyone. I can very easily remove you, and I've been trying to remove people who clearly don't belong in the group as I've seen them. This is unfortunately the only process we have to deal with what we've been dealing with; we have to work with what we have.

VGF2615
Yojimbo

Post by VGF2615 »

Does anyone know what happened to the search bar?

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

VGF2615 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:52 pm Does anyone know what happened to the search bar?
I still see it.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

How do you add images to your signature? I'm trying to and don't quite understand.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

HillyHulk wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:07 pm How do you add images to your signature? I'm trying to and don't quite understand.
Edit signature, then basically just find the image source link. Hit the "PIC" button, find the appropriate size (400x200 is usually what I go with) and there ya go.