General TohoKingdom Forum Errors and Bugs Thread

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: General TohoKingdom Forum Errors and Bugs Thread

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I don't exactly know if this is an error but the "Remember me" portion of the Login screen isn't working.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

So for some reason I keep on getting logged out every single day. I have to relog in despite clicking on the box that says "Remember Me". Any one else having this issue?
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

gvamp wrote:So for some reason I keep on getting logged out every single day. I have to relog in despite clicking on the box that says "Remember Me". Any one else having this issue?
Ya been going on for me for a while
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

gvamp wrote:So for some reason I keep on getting logged out every single day. I have to relog in despite clicking on the box that says "Remember Me". Any one else having this issue?
Yes. I reported about this a while ago.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Nevermind, wrong thread.
Last edited by LamangoKaijura on Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

^ All of that is so weird, since it’s been working for me on my laptop and IPad.
For Emperor and Empire!

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

For those using Chrome, does the site come up as "not secure"?
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Chris55 wrote:For those using Chrome, does the site come up as "not secure"?
The main site and the board index are shown as secure, but when I go to any forum topic, they seem to be not secure.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I don’t even know with this one. I was looking through some old threads and one user, ‘RedZillaKing’, caught my eye. For some reason his name was in white, and it didn’t show any details like post count, location, join date, or anything else. Not even a banned or terminated symbol.

Is this just my device?
Last edited by Voyager on Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

VoyagerGoji wrote:I don’t even know with this one. I was looking through some old threads and one user, ‘RedZillaKing’, caught my eye. For some reason his name was in white, and it didn’t show any details like post count, location, join date, or anything else. Not even a banned or terminated symbol.

Is this just my device?
Redzillaking, that's a name I haven't heard in ages!

He was a forum user from before and during the Godzilla 2014 days if I remember correctly his account was targeted back during that big incident where Arbok's account was hijacked and a bunch of forum history was lost (that's a long story)... Or maybe it was because he wanted to use a new account because something janky happened to his current one, so the Redzillaking account was "crudely deactivated" its been a long time and my memory is all fuzzy. If I remember correctly he ended up getting a new account, posting on it for a while and then leaving the forum a few years ago

Now as to his account its a super janky thing. Its really no longer an account more a part of the actual forums themselves due to whichever of those events happened to it

Either way I do know the account he got after Redzillaking was called MechaKnifeHead...which just now looking at it, is also corrupted and lost in the same fashion as his Redzillaking account

Odd, very odd
Last edited by ROMG4 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Ooookay, I'm not the only one seeing that the forum is literally broke, am I? I'd screenshot if I could.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I'm seeing it too. I can't even post. No idea if this will get through.

Edit: Well I got SOMETHING through...
Last edited by Spuro on Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Seems like some of the forum's code is being released somehow.

EDIT: Also seems like some of the comments are missing..
Last edited by Gigantis on Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

The comments that are missing seem to contain quotes or images, from what I can gather.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

FINALLY able to get in.

From what I managed to dig up, had to do with a back end code not being supported by PHPBB. Some manual code editing could fix it, but it seems something happened between then and now that reverted it.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

SpaceG92 wrote:FINALLY able to get in.

From what I managed to dig up, had to do with a back end code not being supported by PHPBB. Some manual code editing could fix it, but it seems something happened between then and now that reverted it.
The issue was at the host level.

Essentially they had an issue with MySQL that impacted the forums and blog this morning. They fixed it pretty quickly, but changed the instance of PHP on the site to the latest version... which had issues with the forums. They kept rolling it back to earlier versions until they found one that worked with the forums. Probably a pretty clear indication that the forums need to be updated. Was going to do that tonight, but given the activity around the Godzilla Singular Point trailer will hold off at least a day.
Last edited by Arbok on Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So, the forums gonna get an update? This won't erase our accounts or anything right?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Gigantis wrote:So, the forums gonna get an update? This won't erase our accounts or anything right?
I doubt it. I have only very basic coding experience, but updating the PHP code shouldn't delete anything.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Arbok wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:FINALLY able to get in.

The issue was at the host level.

Essentially they had an issue with MySQL that impacted the forums and blog this morning. They fixed it pretty quickly, but changed the instance of PHP on the site to the latest version... which had issues with the forums. They kept rolling it back to earlier versions until they found one that worked with the forums. Probably a pretty clear indication that the forums need to be updated. Was going to do that tonight, but given the activity around the Godzilla Singular Point trailer will hold off at least a day.
and that was option 2 I read :P

Good to know it was an easy fix at least and a new PHP update is coming soon.
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Gigantis wrote:So, the forums gonna get an update? This won't erase our accounts or anything right?
I doubt it. I have only very basic coding experience, butupdating the PHP code shouldn't delete anything.
This ^. I wouldn't be worried. There's always backups for that reason.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Yeah nothing will be deleted account or post wise. What will get messed up are the board styles, which I will have to redo.

Anyway, reading more about this... it will take longer than expected so going to save this for a weekend project when I have more time as opposed to after work.
If it bites... don't mess with it!