Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: Christmas 2023)

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 2/29/20)

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Godzilla18 wrote:Also a side note but if Flash is no longer supported why can I still play and watch flash vids on deviant art?
Adobe pushed the shut down date to the end of 2020 instead of mid February as was planned.

RIP Evan.

AWMGodzilla62
G-Force Personnel

Post by AWMGodzilla62 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Godzilla18 wrote:Also a side note but if Flash is no longer supported why can I still play and watch flash vids on deviant art?
Adobe pushed the shut down date to the end of 2020 instead of mid February as was planned.
Wasn’t that the original date anyhow and they pushed it ahead to February?
Kaiju-King42 wrote:Will future updates be made available for subsequent downloadable versions of the game?
Yes, I would only stop updates if future computers would stop supporting the downloadable versions.
MrGameguycolor wrote: Oh no not that, I have no intention of doing such a thing.
I know you well enough that you wouldn’t try to do something like that. :) that was more so a general statement on the topic at hand for anyone reading.

SoggyNoodles2016

AWMGodzilla62 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Wasn’t that the original date anyhow and they pushed it ahead to February?
Not sure, tbh. First thing I saw looking it up. Maybe they switched it back?

RIP Evan.

MrGameguy
EDF Instructor

Post by MrGameguy »

AWMGodzilla62 wrote: I know you well enough that you wouldn’t try to do something like that. :) that was more so a general statement on the topic at hand for anyone reading.
Okay good, thanks man!
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

Godzilla18
Samurai

Post by Godzilla18 »

Anyone have any idea what the next kaiju might be?
A monster? A king? A god? Or is Godzilla all three?

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Yes. Alex does.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Probably something from the anime trilogy or monsterverse
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Unpopular opinion: i feel like more of the monsters already in game should be updated first before Alex goes in and adds new ones.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

tyrantgoji wrote:Unpopular opinion: i feel like more of the monsters already in game should be updated first before Alex goes in and adds new ones.
If I'm remembering right, I think that's what Alex said his plan was. Shin was gonna be the last new one then it was gonna be updating dudes, think it just got delayed because the whole Flash thing

RIP Evan.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Replayed the game recently fighting all the monsters, still tons of fun. While the newer monsters are still superb, some of the older ones hold up surprisingly well.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:If I'm remembering right, I think that's what Alex said his plan was. Shin was gonna be the last new one then it was gonna be updating dudes, think it just got delayed because the whole Flash thing
Updating older monsters to the new standard is also a win. I still feel there's potential for Zilla to be more "easily" reworked into G1998, Animated, and Zilla, much like how Rodan got the 4-for-1 deal. But even if it were a one-off monster like Gabara, I'd be hyped :)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

AWMGodzilla62
G-Force Personnel

Post by AWMGodzilla62 »

GigaBowserG wrote:Replayed the game recently fighting all the monsters, still tons of fun. While the newer monsters are still superb, some of the older ones hold up surprisingly well.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:If I'm remembering right, I think that's what Alex said his plan was. Shin was gonna be the last new one then it was gonna be updating dudes, think it just got delayed because the whole Flash thing
Updating older monsters to the new standard is also a win. I still feel there's potential for Zilla to be more "easily" reworked into G1998, Animated, and Zilla, much like how Rodan got the 4-for-1 deal. But even if it were a one-off monster like Gabara, I'd be hyped :)
Yes, updating older monsters is my current goal. Also in the near future, I want to add some more new modes, as I feel that could add some more life exploring the entire cast again and add some more replay value.

Also agree with you Gigabowser, I could totally see potential in Zilla :)

Bronyzilla04
Monarch Researcher

Post by Bronyzilla04 »

Just played this game after a long, long while. It's still so much fun. In my opinion, it's more rewarding to win a password to unlock the next monster. And with some of these kaiju updated, like Battra and Gorosaurus, it makes earning passwords a whole lot more rewarding. Battra is still fun as hell to play as. lol. I'm still hoping Megalon gets an update soon or maybe King Kong.

Godzilla18
Samurai

Post by Godzilla18 »

Since the topic is updating older characters has anyone noticed that when Baragon fires his heat ray it doesn't have any sound effect other than when it hits his target or is that only on my end?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

If I remember, I think I made a tier list based on the game.
Last edited by Voyager on Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

BaganZilla
Young Farmer

Post by BaganZilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
I still feel there's potential for Zilla to be more "easily" reworked into G1998, Animated, and Zilla, much like how Rodan got the 4-for-1 deal. But even if it were a one-off monster like Gabara, I'd be hyped :)[/quote]

Made an account here literally just to say how good of an idea I think this is. PLEEZ

Godzilla18
Samurai

Post by Godzilla18 »

So I don't want to be "that guy" but since it's been a long time, is there no more upcoming updates?

SoggyNoodles2016

Godzilla18 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:25 am So I don't want to be "that guy" but since it's been a long time, is there no more upcoming updates?
Alex is still working on the game, he just hasn't announced anything.

RIP Evan.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

He's probably preparing for the death of flash and making sure the game stays playable.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

aren't a lot of flash game hosts switching as much over to HTML5 as they can?
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

MetalliSteveKaiju
Yojimbo

Post by MetalliSteveKaiju »

Alex mentioned in this thread a few years ago he's working on updating the existing kaijus in the game. He had a priority list. From memory it included Gigan 04, Gabera, King Caesar 74, Kamacuras 67, Megaguirus, Megalon, Godzilla 94 and Burning Godzilla. Then he has a 2nd priority list. You just have to go back through the hundreds of pages of this thread to find it. I still keep hoping for the Male MUTO but that's not on his list. Since it's been 2 years since a big release (last years update was more just for us as he run out of time to get the main project completed) I'm hoping for 4 playable characters like he did 2 years ago. It took him 2 years to do the 4 Shin Godzillas. I'm hoping 4 this time again. Ideally for me would be Godzilla 94, Burning Godzilla (as they'd have similar moves/movement) and Gigan 04 with the enhanced chainsaw version as the 4th. Its Thanks Giving this week in America. Maybe we'll get an update.