Fan-Made Kaiju Redesign Thread

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
goji89
Sazer

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Post by goji89 »

They both look like grubs.

Fat juicy grubs Timon and Pumba will gladly devour.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I don't actually mind those two as much as the artist's other redesigns. Ebirah is more than just a big shrimp for once! Battra should slim down and be longer but besides that, he's fine as well.

Flurreo
Ronin

Post by Flurreo »

ebirah i actually like! battra? eh

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

This is a truly solid redesign of Destoroyah courtesy of Deviantart user Inkveil-matter:

Here's another one I found on reddit :

Do any of you think these would be good designs for the character if they brought him back?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:33 pm This is a truly solid redesign of Destoroyah courtesy of Deviantart user Inkveil-matter:

Hell yes. I absolutely love this Destoroyah redesign. It’s the image that always comes to my mind when I think about Dessy coming to the MV.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Here's three redesigns from a Godzilla fanfic that started recently. I like Godzilla and Orga's new looks but Jet Jaguar just doesn't feel right without that cheesy grin.
All by Daizua123

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Daizua might honestly be the only artist i know who still obviously takes note from Godzilla Neo still.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:03 pm Daizua might honestly be the only artist i know who still obviously takes note from Godzilla Neo still.
Other than the RoE Legendary Godzilla, I don't see it.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:16 pm
Gigantis wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:03 pm Daizua might honestly be the only artist i know who still obviously takes note from Godzilla Neo still.
Their heads look almost exactly the same tbh. Not home right now so i can't show a photo at the moment but look at them side by side.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:37 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:16 pm
Their heads look almost exactly the same tbh. Not home right now so i can't show a photo at the moment but look at them side by side.
Holy crap, Jet Jaguar does have the same head!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Yeah those designs are eh, I would say average to below average.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Ah, Daizua, still as awful as ever. I mentioned before I used to be close friends with him, and he was an absolute bitch, especially when it came to criticism. Its no surprise his stuff still looks the same almost a decade later.

Meanwhile, here is GENUINELY what I think is the worst redesign of all time
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:01 am Ah, Daizua, still as awful as ever. I mentioned before I used to be close friends with him, and he was an absolute female dog, especially when it came to criticism. Its no surprise his stuff still looks the same almost a decade later.

Meanwhile, here is GENUINELY what I think is the worst redesign of all time
That is awful, not just in the redesign of Gigan, but as it own monster too,
G.I.N.O what is a disgrace to the source material but you can’t deny that design it’s pretty cool as it own monster, it’s just the bad design for Godzilla, however here it is generally awful, The thing looks like abomination and not in the Goodway

ArtMaker
Interpol Agent

Post by ArtMaker »

Not sure if this qualifies, but here it is anyways. Since in the 2018 film they made the trio be transformed animals, I thought it’d be fun go the opposite direction w/ the redesigns (well, more of a reinterpretation here) and have the monsters have more human-like traits/qualities to coincide w/ it’s source material of them being mutated humans had they gone that route for the film.

https://www.deviantart.com/artmakerprod ... -884404474

Left to right:

Lizzie: A teenager who regularly goes to the gym for work outs. Is a total delinquent who enjoys vandalism and property damage. Owns various reptiles and lizards as her pets. Her exposure to the chemical happens after she is bitten by one of said pets. Crossing her DNA w/ that of a lizard. For her design, like the original game, I looked at the Ymir ("20 Million Miles To Earth" w/ effects aka the alien by Ray Harryhausen) for inspiration. Along w/ old depictions of dinosaurs, TriStar's Godzilla, Spider-Man's "The Lizard" character, and her tail based off the stegosaurus thagomizer.

Ralph: A "lone wolf", who enjoys drinking beer, eating, and stoning out on weekends w/ the company of his lovable husky. Works as a part-time trucker. Lives far out in the woods. Gets a face full of dog kisses before he is exposed to the chemicals that cause his transformation into a giant mutant wolf. I looked to the classic Universal horror, "The Wolf Man" along w/ the many other werewolves of film to find inspiration. In the end, it more or less just looks like the 2018 film but w/ more human posturing. : /

George: Is a rather troubled youth with issues involving his anger. Is regularly harassed at school as they find his outbursts amusing and isn’t the most physically imposing person out there. Regularly goes to school counselling for it w/ Davis Okoye, a former US Army Special Forces soldier (Dwayne Johnson's character). His begin transformations into a simian-like creature occurs during school the day after being exposed to the chemicals. When designing him, I chose to mix the gorilla/King Kong-ness of his appearance w/ other primates such as monkeys. As well as the elusive Bigfoot. Another one being his design from "Rampage: Total Destruction". Which looks the most human; facially anyways, of all the designs.

Let me know what you think. 👍 (Follow link for better image)

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

ArtMaker wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:02 pm
https://www.deviantart.com/artmakerprod ... -884404474

Let me know what you think. 👍 (Follow link for better image)
Personally, not a fan. George looks fine, good even, but it’s the others I don’t like. They just look off to me. A reptile and a wolf are just so far off humanity it’s hard to make them humanoid without it looking bizarre. With Ralph, it’s his huge arms and strange facial structure that get me, and for Lizzie, I just don’t like the design overall.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

George and Ralph are pretty good (except for the latter's corset waist) but I'll have to agree with Voyager that Lizzie doesn't quite match up. Specifically, the face looks really off.

GodzillaFan_13
Yojimbo

Post by GodzillaFan_13 »

honesty, that Ebriah and Battra Larva ain't that bad. but i do feel they could have Slightly better proportioning, but i think that's more just the skill level, if anything.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Image King Ghidorah by AcroSauroTaurus my grapes with this redesign is the tail is a bit too long and it is too skinny, otherwise it’s not bad

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

goji89 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:14 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:10 amImage
I can get past Gigan and Megalon but that Hedorah is just a toxic sludge octopus.
It's not bad for an early form of Hedorah, like say the stage that sucks on the smokestack and fights Godzilla outside the night club. Movie-Hedorah does start off as a tadpole after all, so it's not too dissimilar. If it's meant to be final form Hedorah, though... Yeah, it doesn't work quite as well. Hedorah needs to be more, well, Hedorah-y once he gets bigger.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:14 pm Image King Ghidorah by AcroSauroTaurus my grapes with this redesign is the tail is a bit too long and it is too skinny, otherwise it’s not bad
That is art done in the style of Dark Souls for an art challenge, and I’d say it nails the look and feel perfectly. As a regular redesign I would agree with your gripes, but with the style he was emulating here it works really well imo.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.