Fan-Made Kaiju Redesign Thread

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Re: Best and Worst Kaiju Redesigns

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

RandomNerd wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:56 am I’m not sure how to post images on this site yet and I want to post a design I’ve made. The link might not be valid but here it goes https://aggie.io/api/share/8c3f4f6740.png
That’s really cool! I like it.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Looks like a cross between ShinGoji and a lizard.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

RandomNerd wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:56 am I’m not sure how to post images on this site yet and I want to post a design I’ve made. The link might not be valid but here it goes https://aggie.io/api/share/8c3f4f6740.png
Looks really good from what I can see. I love the skin texture in particular.

RandomNerd
Yojimbo

Post by RandomNerd »

Thankyou all for the feedback on the design. I was working on it last night and tried to get it done in time to get enough sleep for school so I didn’t finish properly. Here’s the completed art piece where you can also actually better examine the design I just posted to my twitter account: https://twitter.com/jraw_ja/status/1488 ... IrjVWfrJAw

Added in 3 minutes 48 seconds:
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:02 pm
Looks really good from what I can see. I love the skin texture in particular.
Thanks! The skin texture was heavily inspired by Shin Gojira, and the original art I posted before the finalized one was also obviously inspired by the Shin Gojira poster. I prefer the scarred skin texture for designs than the scaly, more traditionally reptilian skins.

Added in 22 seconds:
VOID GHIDORAH wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:30 am
That’s really cool! I like it.
Thanks a lot!
Last edited by RandomNerd on Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzillaninja2019 »

i am new here and i do not know how post images on this site but i do want to post some of my design of godzilla, mothra rodan, and ghidorah

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Godzillaninja2019 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:08 am i am new here and i do not know how post images on this site but i do want to post some of my design of godzilla, mothra rodan, and ghidorah
As you are in the new users group, you are unable to post images.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

However, do feel free to post links to said images. Imgur, aggie.io, whatever image-sharing site works.

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzillaninja2019 »

ok thank you
Last edited by Godzillaninja2019 on Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

An absolutely masterful work by KitWhitham. I love how the extra horns are formed in a way to make them look like Showa-style manes and the homage to the Polygon trilogy is really neat.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:17 pm An absolutely masterful work by KitWhitham. I love how the extra horns are formed in a way to make them look like Showa-style manes and the homage to the Polygon trilogy is really neat.
The best of his "Monster Hunter" Kaiju takes. King Ghidorah with a Fatalis posture/body style fits quite well!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Pretty sick design.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Not sure if this has been going on before now but Matt Frank is redesigning the characters of Primal Rage!

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:24 am Not sure if this has been going on before now but Matt Frank is redesigning the characters of Primal Rage!
Not bad! Although, I'm not really a fan of the feather collar. It feels a bit tacked on imo.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Dracosaurian wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:16 am
Not bad! Although, I'm not really a fan of the feather collar. It feels a bit tacked on imo.
I agree, there's really no need for it in my opinion. However, I've been a Primal Rage fan since the game came out and a Matt Frank fan, so I'm looking forward to see how he redesigns the whole lineup!
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

By the same artist:
As an enthusiast of otherworldly Ghidorah designs, I'm a fan. Not even the blatant bird feet bother me since this seems to be a more air-adapted version.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

If this isn't how Sp Ghidorah looks, I'm gonna cause a scene at Toho's headqua
By ByNEET
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:00 pm If this isn't how Sp Ghidorah looks, I'm gonna cause a scene at Toho's headqua
[/size=85]By ByNEET[/size]
It’s great but… that front view. It really looks silly. If it were slimmed down to more resemble the width of literally any other Ghidorah, especially Showa or Heisei, it’d look 100x better.
For Emperor and Empire!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Yeah no, thats a yikes from me. Looks more like a How to Train your Dragon character than Ghidorah.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:56 pm Yeah no, thats a yikes from me. Looks more like a How to Train your Dragon character than Ghidorah.
To be fair, Goji himself looked very HTTYD.
For Emperor and Empire!

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

I think it looks a bit off myself, but I also think it might just be that pose. If there was an image with its wings outstretched it would look way better imo